Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 23, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #28,036 of 36,062
When you posted a picture of your custom tips the first thing I thought was they looked weird and made me question if it would affect the sound. Just from the picture, it appears there is a bend, where as coming right out of the Bell its a straight shot. Is it just that picture, or do they indeed bend?
They do bend, good observation.

Aug 24, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #28,043 of 36,062
This story I just saw on yahoo gave me a chuckle. The tip holder looks oddly familiar.

Capture.png

Aug 24, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #28,044 of 36,062
IMG_2651.JPG
The Bell cable doesn't have a chin slider, so I bought a bunch of these 1/8" orthodontic bands from Amazon and they work great. They work so well that I decided to pair these with the chin sliders on my UERR and Encore cables, because I like to wear them behind my ear and having limited cable slack reduces micro phonics. Just thought I'd share, in case anyone had the same pet peeves as I do.

Aug 24, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #28,045 of 36,062

The Bell cable doesn't have a chin slider, so I bought a bunch of these 1/8" orthodontic bands from Amazon and they work great. They work so well that I decided to pair these with the chin sliders on my UERR and Encore cables, because I like to wear them behind my ear and having limited cable slack reduces micro phonics. Just thought I'd share, in case anyone had the same pet peeves as I do.

Oh, you are just trying to one up me after I made my chin slider with shrink wrap :wink:. If those are a softer type of material, it should work better. Mine still slides, just less that the stock one did.

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #28,046 of 36,062
Oh, you are just trying to one up me after I made my chin slider with shrink wrap :wink:. If those are a softer type of material, it should work better. Mine still slides, just less that the stock one did.
I don't trust myself with the heat option you used, as I'm afraid I'll screw up and melt my cable, so I had to go do more research and find a safer option. I was just getting fed up with having to adjust the slider every few minutes sitting at my desk, one company I found used latex rings in their product so I looked on Amazon and found these. Basically these are rubber bands, they're just used for braces so they're softer and smoother, and much tougher than the garden variety bands.

Aug 25, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #28,047 of 36,062
Aug 25, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #28,048 of 36,062

Your left ear looks similar to my right ear going by the custom tips (mine were done by CA). How is the isolation on The Bells?

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #28,049 of 36,062
With all this discussion about customs being right, I've had no end of issues getting some done. Been to two different audiologists and tried a few companies (who I won't name in this thread out of respect, they've all tried their hardest with at least a couple of refits free each and still no luck). Had some custom tips done for some iems and they seem to fit all right so it seems that something is throwing it out in the concha area of the ear and not the canal part. Strange, but that about sums me up. One of the reasons I haven't tried Noble, couldn't bear the wait time and find I need a refit.

Users who are viewing this thread

• whyz
Back