Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 25, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #256 of 36,115

You don't account for anything with a custom. You get impressions done of your ears, then they make the shell to fit your ears.

Exactly. If you have concerns about the size of your ears and whether or not they will accommodate the 10 drivers of the Kaiser, you can get with Noble and email some pics of your impressions. They may be able to tell just from the pics alone. If not, then you'd need to send them in and have them determine by actually looking at them. I'd be prepared with a backup just in case - maybe the (wonderful) 8C for example, which might not require as much size. 

On another note, more info about the Black Friday promotion will be coming in the morning. 

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #257 of 36,115
  is Spiral Ears the only one making silicone shells? did you surf the whole world wide web to know that no one have had issues with silicon ciems? since when you represent all the silicone ciems owners and know that they haven't had any problems with them?

Oh temper temper. Calm your emotions mate, if don't want to use it, don't use it then. I said I didn't have any problem and didn't hear any people complaining about the silicone, that's all.

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #262 of 36,115
The tuning on the 6 driver seems interesting, based on the 4 driver neutral iem but with fuller sound and deeper soundstage...

The mids and highs are shared with the new 4 design, but the bass is a different animal. Yields deeper lows than the 4, and faster response than the 5 design.

It has been passed (in a 3D printed format) to some head fier's and recording professionals, all comments were positive.

As a person that prefers to use iems over ciems I am really excited about this one.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 25, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #264 of 36,115
Question to Noble Audio: I am curious about the treble presence in the 5 universal. I know that your products offer a "non fatiguing" treble, but the 8c is slightly brighter than the heir 8.a. Could you offer some brief comments about the 5 universal compared to the 8c, specifically in the treble region?

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #265 of 36,115
Here's the official announcement regarding the Black Friday sale:

"For 72 hours beginning 12:01 am PST on Thursday, November 28th, all Noble IEMs and CIEMs will be 20% off in spirit of Black Friday. If at anytime during the sale you are unsure as to how much time is left, please refer to the timer on our homepage.

As mentioned above, Black Friday will mark the introduction of our universal IEMs. The line-up consists of three, four, five, and six driver configurations. All IEMs come with a small Otterbox carrying case, one Noble cable, 12 pairs of ear tips, two Noble audio bands, and one cleaning tool.

All IEMs will come in a high-gloss black shell with a matte black Noble logo on each faceplate for a subtle and timeless look. All IEMs are estimated to be delivered prior to Christmas contingent on demand.

Vive la révolution!"

In case you missed it, that's really like two good things on one.... first, the universals are available. I mentioned earlier that I had spent some time with a prototype and it was impressive. Now that they are announced, I can say that it was the 6 driver model using a 3D printed shell which was representative of the final design in most ways except for appearance (obviously). It sounded very good to my ears - competitive with my 4C for sure, maybe even better. And as a person with larger ears, the fit seemed much improved over the old Heir universals. Those were too small and the nozzle too short for me to get a great fit. The new Noble universals should be a good fit for most people I'd think, though no universal is truly universal 100% of the time. Based on what I heard of the 6, I think universal users are in for a real treat.

The second thing is the 20% off. That's a big deal imho. Since Wizard has spent time building up his reputation over the past few years, I don't think he feels like competing on price alone at this stage. He always intended Heir to be seen as a premium brand and I'd say he achieved that towards the end there.... and Noble picks up right where Heir left off. As a premium brand, he doesn't shoot to compete with the more affordable stuff like 1964 Ears but rather aims straight for the top - Westone, JH Audio, Ultimate Ears, etc. So frankly this 20% sale is a surprise to me. I don't have any official word here, but I'd be very surprised if there was any other price related promotion anywhere on the horizon. This is probably it for a long time folks - get them at a discount while you can.

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #266 of 36,115
  Here's the official announcement regarding the Black Friday sale:

"For 72 hours beginning 12:01 am PST on Thursday, November 28th, all Noble IEMs and CIEMs will be 20% off in spirit of Black Friday. If at anytime during the sale you are unsure as to how much time is left, please refer to the timer on our homepage.

As mentioned above, Black Friday will mark the introduction of our universal IEMs. The line-up consists of three, four, five, and six driver configurations. All IEMs come with a small Otterbox carrying case, one Noble cable, 12 pairs of ear tips, two Noble audio bands, and one cleaning tool.

All IEMs will come in a high-gloss black shell with a matte black Noble logo on each faceplate for a subtle and timeless look. All IEMs are estimated to be delivered prior to Christmas contingent on demand.

Vive la révolution!"

In case you missed it, that's really like two good things on one.... first, the universals are available. I mentioned earlier that I had spent some time with a prototype and it was impressive. Now that they are announced, I can say that it was the 6 driver model using a 3D printed shell which was representative of the final design in most ways except for appearance (obviously). It sounded very good to my ears - competitive with my 4C for sure, maybe even better. And as a person with larger ears, the fit seemed much improved over the old Heir universals. Those were too small and the nozzle too short for me to get a great fit. The new Noble universals should be a good fit for most people I'd think, though no universal is truly universal 100% of the time. Based on what I heard of the 6, I think universal users are in for a real treat.

The second thing is the 20% off. That's a big deal imho. Since Wizard has spent time building up his reputation over the past few years, I don't think he feels like competing on price alone at this stage. He always intended Heir to be seen as a premium brand and I'd say he achieved that towards the end there.... and Noble picks up right where Heir left off. As a premium brand, he doesn't shoot to compete with the more affordable stuff like 1964 Ears but rather aims straight for the top - Westone, JH Audio, Ultimate Ears, etc. So frankly this 20% sale is a surprise to me. I don't have any official word here, but I'd be very surprised if there was any other price related promotion anywhere on the horizon. This is probably it for a long time folks - get them at a discount while you can.

As much as i loved my 4.Ai and 3.Ai, the fit did trouble me sometimes as sometime with miniscule ears. Are you able to tell us how the housing is different from wizards initial designs of the universals?

Also.. VERY excited about the 3D print!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back