Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 14, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #24,662 of 36,055
Just received my Encores yesterday...I'm in pure bliss at the moment. Seal is perfect...sound even more 
ksc75smile.gif

I have this weird sensation that when I have them in my ears my sight is unfocused, like I'm completely devoted to listening to them...I have to think to use my eyes as the sound drives me away!

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #24,663 of 36,055
  Just received my Encores yesterday...I'm in pure bliss at the moment. Seal is perfect...sound even more 
ksc75smile.gif

I have this weird sensation that when I have them in my ears my sight is unfocused, like I'm completely devoted to listening to them...I have to think to use my eyes as the sound drives me away!

Oh I am jealous. I carve for that too. Mine is hopefully just around the corner and am ironing out the final pieces. Brannon & Sunny are at hand and are responsive.

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #24,667 of 36,055
I have a question for Dr Moulton – what output impedance are your IEMs (in particular the custom K10) tuned to sound best from? I know the impedance of multi-driver BA IEMs can vary with frequency, which can cause their frequency response to change with increasing impedance of the source they’re paired with. My device has an output impedance of about 3 ohms, but I was wondering if a device with an impedance of 1 ohm or less (assuming all other specs are the same) would produce an audible change in frequency response with the K10, and if this change would bring the frequency response closer to or further away from your intended tuning.

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #24,670 of 36,055
Just an observation from my first days with my Encores: at work I´m using a Dragonfly Red as dac/amp and I feel that the high mids and highs, maybe from 2,5 kHz and up is a bit harsh. But when I´m home and use my Chord Hugo there´s no harshness. This is the first time I´v heard this big a differense between Hugo and my other dacs. I guess the Encores are reproduving every small detail in a way that really benefint from a good dac. I also use Onkyo DP-X1 as DAP, and not much harshness there either, but there is some. I haven´t burned in my Encores yet. It may tame the highs a bit. But for now I really enjoy them on my Hugo.

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #24,671 of 36,055
Just received my Encores yesterday...I'm in pure bliss at the moment. Seal is perfect...sound even more :ksc75smile:

I saw the picture you posted of them in the portable rig pics thread. They look great! I think I've gone for a somewhat similar design to yours.

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #24,673 of 36,055
I'm looking for something to sell so I can order some Encore customs, LOL.
Am sat here listening with my Encore U's however the designs of the customs are just mind blowing. Stunning, they really are.

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #24,674 of 36,055
  I'm looking for something to sell so I can order some Encore customs, LOL.
Am sat here listening with my Encore U's however the designs of the customs are just mind blowing. Stunning, they really are.

Kidney? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back