Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 12, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #23,311 of 36,078

I just used flat pliers and pressed hard on each of the connector pin, worked like a charm :) Glad I didn't have to change cable.

So you basically pushed the pins every so slightly together? I did consider this, too, but I didn't want to accidentally damage the connectors. I'm not a good DIY-er. 
frown.gif

Still, glad to hear you've got it sorted out!

Nov 12, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #23,312 of 36,078

So you basically pushed the pins every so slightly together? I did consider this, too, but I didn't want to accidentally damage the connectors. I'm not a good DIY-er. 
frown.gif

Still, glad to hear you've got it sorted out!

Not pushed together. I didn't change the space between both pins.

I pressed them individually to make them more "oval" instead of round (we're talking .05mm or something here, the difference is invisible to the naked eye, they still look perfectly round). Basically like this: http://i.imgur.com/7bNuJg9.jpg (put the plier on each pin 1 by 1 and press hard).

Since I have several stock Noble cables I didn't even bother being careful to be honest and pressed hard with the pliers. (Also we're talking about a <$10 connector anyway.)

Nov 12, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #23,313 of 36,078

Not pushed together. I didn't change the space between both pins.

I pressed them individually to make them more "oval" instead of round (we're talking .05mm or something here, the difference is invisible to the naked eye, they still look perfectly round). Basically like this: http://i.imgur.com/7bNuJg9.jpg (put the plier on each pin 1 by 1 and press hard).

Since I have several stock Noble cables I didn't even bother being careful to be honest and pressed hard with the pliers. (Also we're talking about a <$10 connector anyway.)

5 posts in 5 years, you talk too much.
wink_face.gif

Nov 13, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #23,316 of 36,078
You have made me very interested in Katana...but how do you compare this with K10UA?

I don't own the K10UA, but the custom version instead.

The K10 is like your favourite drink, be it single malt scotch, vodka on the rocks or in my case, Pepsi Max (don't judge me!). It's there for you, it goes well with everything and you love the flavour. In that context, the Katana is a nice, ice cold glass of spring water. It's crystal clear, it's refreshing and it doesn't get in the way of any other flavours.

Where the K10 has warmer tuning and some extra grunt down low, the Katana stays strictly neutral, yet somehow manages to stay musical. They're supremely detailed, but that goes for the K10 as well, the difference is in the presentation of those details. With the K10, all the details are there for you to find; the Katana serves them up on a silver platter for you. How they manage that without being more analytical than musical (like the HD800 and the Ety ER4) just boggles the mind. For a lot of music, I'm actually starting to prefer the Katana to the K10. That's saying quite a lot, coming from me. To say that I am excited about the K10 Encore, which could be a perfect blend of the OG K10 and the Katana, would be the understatement of the century.

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #23,317 of 36,078
Tomorrow I am gonna be doing some critical listening with the Fiio Q1 DAC on my PC with Savant.

Fun time awaits when I can finally settle down for some lovely private music time~

:D

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #23,324 of 36,078
The designs are simply gorgeous!

Have been admiring the designs on Lookbook. Each and every one are captivating!

I've booked an appointment for an ear impression and just a few click (and tonnes of thoughts) before I place my order for a custom IEM with Noble for a K10C.

Then I read about the K10 Encore, but doesn't seems to be available for order online (yet) on Noble's website. Wondering if they do 'advance order'?

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #23,325 of 36,078

Listening the Savant directly to the Q1's DAC on my desktop.

My short impression: These things scale very well when hooked up on a DAC. And no, there's no high gain or bass-boost here whatsoever.

Setting: Low Gain / Bass Boost Off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back