Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 19, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #2,116 of 36,065

Anyway, I'm kinda surprised with the ortofon tips on the Noble 4. As I said before the depth insertion didn't seem to affect the sound much but the silicone thickness does quite a bit. 

So, do you like the Orto tips? I found them to fit deeper in my ear and sound noticably better, especially bass dynamics, than all my other silicone tips. So far they're the 'keepers' for me.

Feb 19, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #2,117 of 36,065

So, do you like the Orto tips? I found them to fit deeper in my ear and sound noticably better, especially bass dynamics, than all my other silicone tips. So far they're the 'keepers' for me.

Yeah, I like them. They are different to the bluish core stock tips I was using. The stock tips give the N4 a bit warmer sound, which is smoother and fuller. The bass is thicker and slightly boosted. The note presentation is also a bit thicker. With the ortofon tips the N4 gets closer to the ety er4 in tone and loses some of the fullness and thickness but gains clarity and a bit more sparkle. The bass while reduced in quantity and impact sounds cleaner and faster. Overall I think the ortofon tips make the N4 a bit cooler sounding and more balanced while with the stock bluish/purple tips you get a bit more mid-centric and richer sound. I'm still on the fence, which tips I prefer coz I kinda got used to the stock tips but actually going with joker's N4S review I'll have to make a guess that with the ortofon tips the N4 sounds more like N4S.

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #2,118 of 36,065
Just got my Noble shirt and my fiancée's 4Cs in the mail a short while ago.  The shirt is very soft and appears to be high quality. I'll update on that after it gets washed.  I'll update on the 4C impressions after my fiancée has had a chance to use them.

biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #2,128 of 36,065
  Getting the K10... I'm trying to come up with some wizard design concepts that blows away all the previous pictures posted... its so hard
biggrin.gif

You should look at glass marbles or stones for inspiration.  They can have great colors and depth.  What would be really sweet is a CIEM hydro-formed from a chunk of quartz.

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #2,130 of 36,065
I have an offer I wanna send out to Noble. Instead of a free t-shirt with a K10 purchase, I would settle for a free K10 with a t-shirt purchase. I would even pay extra for the t-shirt, lets say $40.01. Get back to me soon, this is a limited time offer while supplies of pennies last.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back