Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 16, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #21,153 of 36,078
As a quiet and happy owner of first generation Savant, is there any different in the new generation savant?
I did use the search option but nothing came up, thanks :D

Jul 16, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #21,155 of 36,078
This is my K10, Mojo and OTG cable (under the flap in the lid) storage box. Good fit, sturdy and water resistant.

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #21,156 of 36,078
Ok folks

I spent the day watching people demo the Katana at the Tokyo show.   The comments were positive, but that could be because I was standing over their shoulder....

But the comments were essentially this.

1) "The Katana gave me goose bumps"       Not sure if that is a good thing, but I'll take that as a good thing

2) "I own the K10's and I prefer the K10s over the Katanas"

3) "I prefer the Katanas over the K10's"

4) "Sound so realistic and open"

5) "Was considering another brand, but now I want the Katanas"

6) "The Katanas are not as heavy as the K10"

That about sums things up

Again, I was there shaking hands, meeting folks, etc etc.   They could have been just being very polite, so all I can do, is repeat what was said

Cheers

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 16, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #21,158 of 36,078
  Ok folks

I spent the day watching people demo the Katana at the Tokyo show.   The comments were positive, but that could be because I was standing over their shoulder....

1) "The Katana gave me goose bumps"       Not sure if that is a good thing, but I'll take that as a good thing

Again, I was there shaking hands, meeting folks, etc etc.   They could have been just being very polite, so all I can do, is repeat what was said

Cheers

I am anxious to hear the Katana's at RMAF this fall. The K10's continue to be my primary reference CIEM's. 

beerchug.gif

Jul 16, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #21,161 of 36,078
Nope, doesn't work that way, prices must always increase!! :wink:

Plus the Katana uses proprietary drivers. That means that the drivers in the Katana have been specced by and are built for Noble exclusively, which probably means smaller production runs and a higher cost per driver than other mix and match BA drivers which are built in larger quantities.

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #21,163 of 36,078
  Ok folks

Cheers

Would you or Brannan please say what the sound difference is vs the K-10?

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #21,164 of 36,078
Plus the Katana uses proprietary drivers. That means that the drivers in the Katana have been specced by and are built for Noble exclusively, which probably means smaller production runs and a higher cost per driver than other mix and match BA drivers which are built in larger quantities.

What does that mean driver wise? Are they different sizes? Unique? Different ohms? Only Noble can use these specific drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back