Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 10, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #1,981 of 36,064
  Something a little different from us to start the week...

reminds me of that special Blue paint-work on a BMW M3...
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #1,988 of 36,064

I read you were listening to Nora Jones and I believe that style of music which Nora is the main focal point a balance earphone is ideal. My thoughts are what if I use these to listen to music that each musician in the track will become the focal point in that song. What I mean is the drummer will have a solo or an opening and later the guitar will start becomeing the focal point and all along the track the bass guitar is always present. Along these sounds the singer will be singing throughout the track  so how will a balanced earphone be? Classical, Easy Listening music I believe will require balance but there are other styles out there that pushes one area harder then others in the song. Say Bad Company or Led Zeppelin both have hard drumming and at times the drumming is the main focus but both also have strong lead singers and both have a strong Bass guitar. At times in concert you can feel the bass guitar but if a earphone is unable to produce that feel then something will be missing. A group called Styx has a song called "renegade" in the intro you will not only hear but you will feel the bass and it will move the floor when it is on. Most earphones or headphones will not be able to produce this sound. So if one mostly listens to Easy Listening music or Classical how can I know that earphone can be as good for other styles of music out there?

No matter what I throw at the K10, it handles it flawlessly and without ever breaking a sweat. The layering and their ability to let you focus on any part of the music is probably what really sets them apart from anything else I've heard. Muse and Tool are both phenomenal on the K10. Lots of details, layers, speed and impact and the K10 handles it all perfectly.

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #1,992 of 36,064
You know, I'm trying to write a review of the K10, but it all comes back to food. It's like something that is both healthy and tasty - no guilt, no longing.

Anyway, I'll keep trying and will compare to all of the CIEMs that I have ATM (which is everything but the ES5). This isn't my forte, but I know comparisons and reviews are helpful.

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #1,993 of 36,064
  You know, I'm trying to write a review of the K10, but it all comes back to food. It's like something that is both healthy and tasty - no guilt, no longing.

Anyway, I'll keep trying and will compare to all of the CIEMs that I have ATM (which is everything but the ES5). This isn't my forte, but I know comparisons and reviews are helpful.

You'll do fine. Just describe things as you would if talking to a friend about CIEMs (assuming you have a friend who would care). Don't try to emulate other reviews or terminology if it doesn't make sense to you. Just keep it natural and it will make for a great read regardless. The food analogy is a good start already. 

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #1,995 of 36,064
I'm glad there are some car guys on this thread.  Now that I've ordered my Noble Kaiser 10, my next purchase will (hopefully) be an E46 M3 with a competition package.  Stock and manual of course.  I'm convinced this will be a future classic. 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back