Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 6, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #19,398 of 36,135
Might Noble plan to make over ears in the future? I feel like those would be cool

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #19,399 of 36,135
My Noble 3's are easily driven from my X3ii, and sound amazing coming from it. Wondering if the addition of an amp would do them more justice? Tried my Fiio E11K, though the soundstage and low end seemed to increase a tad, the warmth of the E11K didn't help with the clarity and detail the Noble 3 already succeds at.

What are the budget amps of choice for Noble's? How does the Fiio E12A perform? Are there other amps in the same price range worth looking at?

Appreciate any insight folks

Apr 6, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #19,400 of 36,135
You don't need to worry about driving the Nobles, IMO. I use the K10's and use them almost exclusively with the iPhone. Not necessarily realising its full potential, I know, but it is close enough that I don't think it is worth carrying a brick.

Apr 6, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #19,401 of 36,135
I concur, why not try the other Nobles and see if there's one you'd like to upgrade to? When I demoed I liked the sound of the 4 better than the 3 (and better than even quite a few others "up" the Noble line, but that's a topic for another day :p )

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 6, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #19,403 of 36,135
I concur, why not try the other Nobles and see if there's one you'd like to upgrade to? When I demoed I liked the sound of the 4 better than the 3 (and better than even quite a few others "up" the Noble line, but that's a topic for another day :p )

One of the things I like about Noble is that their lineup isn't seperated by quality, but rather, taste.

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #19,404 of 36,135
  You don't need to worry about driving the Nobles, IMO. I use the K10's and use them almost exclusively with the iPhone. Not necessarily realising its full potential, I know, but it is close enough that I don't think it is worth carrying a brick.

Kinda what I figured and I'm certainly ok if the Noble line up doesn't need amping. Saves me some dollars.  Appreciate the input.

I concur, why not try the other Nobles and see if there's one you'd like to upgrade to? When I demoed I liked the sound of the 4 better than the 3 (and better than even quite a few others "up" the Noble line, but that's a topic for another day
tongue.gif
)

Nah, I don't think sound signature is the issue. I like what I get out of the 3's. I was just wondering if a little extra power over the X3ii would be beneficial. However, after this small experience with Noble's line up, I wont be straying far when the time comes. Already find myself eyeing up the custom options

Apr 6, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #19,408 of 36,135
I support this idea, but no one listens to me. :frowning2:

Very unfortunate. I only know of one dealer here in Canada and it's a province away. There's no way for us lowly folks to try before we buy. Sure would be nice to say "hey, these are great but I want this, can I send you these back so I can spend MORE money with you?" Or even, "here's me Noble 3's, can I get a custom she'll done for them?" Would also be cool.

Let it be known that yes, I am fully aware of the down sides of the first scenario. It can be a very dicey path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back