Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 3, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #18,586 of 36,040
Oh damn, those are HAWT! Now you just need to get a better looking cable without that pesky memory wire :wink:

Thanks Sorensiim yeah my IEM cables collection is nothing to write home about and I took your advise to heart and got me some sexy wires that are worthwhile for the crown jewel :wink:

Not the first time I bought from TigzStudio but Trevor always managed to outdo himself and I would never imagine my K10 can still sound this much better!

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #18,588 of 36,040
Hey, guys-

I have a 2-pin balanced cable that I want to use with my K10s... And I haven't changed one before. Is it a simple pull really hard to get the plug out of the IEM? Any trick to it? (I've done some searching and haven't found any good info on how to do this.)

I appreciate any info!

Thanks,
Christina

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #18,589 of 36,040
Hey, guys-

I have a 2-pin balanced cable that I want to use with my K10s... And I haven't changed one before. Is it a simple pull really hard to get the plug out of the IEM? Any trick to it? (I've done some searching and haven't found any good info on how to do this.)

I appreciate any info!

Thanks,
Christina

The stock cable fits VERY tight, just pull and wiggle until they come out.

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #18,590 of 36,040
Hey, guys-

I appreciate any info!

Thanks,
Christina

Yes, but there is no click.  As long as it is snug its fine.

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #18,591 of 36,040
Hey, guys-

I appreciate any info!

Thanks,
Christina

Yup follow what the folks said above. Just want to caution you against very frequent plugging and unplugging as it could wear out the socket and make it too loose over time. The only connector type with a snug/click is the FitEars IEM/CIEM. Cheers!

Mar 4, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #18,595 of 36,040
Very important point, and I didn't know this detail. Thank you!

I'm curious, what cable did you end up getting? And I didn't know this either, but was very fortunate when my Norne Audio Therium cable arrived (4-strand only, not the 8-strand like pictured above ), I was able to ask John's help at Canjam to swap them in. He told me about the polarity, I'd have missed it otherwise. Also, I still have no idea how he managed to get them changed so fast, it was like watching an F1 pit crew 
tongue.gif

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #18,598 of 36,040
  I'm curious, what cable did you end up getting? And I didn't know this either, but was very fortunate when my Norne Audio Therium cable arrived (4-strand only, not the 8-strand like pictured above ), I was able to ask John's help at Canjam to swap them in. He told me about the polarity, I'd have missed it otherwise. Also, I still have no idea how he managed to get them changed so fast, it was like watching an F1 pit crew 
tongue.gif

Very cool, I wish I'd had Dr. John's expert help with mine! :)

I got the Linum silver balanced cable. I like how thin it is.

Mar 4, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #18,599 of 36,040

tongue.gif

Very cool, I wish I'd had Dr. John's expert help with mine! :)

I got the Linum silver balanced cable. I like how thin it is.

Linum is actually multi-strand silver plated copper :wink:  Just curious if you hear any sound change going from Noble's stock SPC cable to Linum BaX litz SPC?  Planning to start with more K10UA testing over this weekend, including different cables.  Before burn in, out of the box, I wasn't too crazy about pure silver cables (first impression, pushing upper mids brightness a bit too much in your face), and switched back to the stock cable.  Also quickly tried BaX but it felt weird with a super thin cable without memory wire and aluminum gold-plated nugget in my ear.  Just a personal preference, but I like memory wire support for K10UA.  I think with K10 CIEMs Linum BaX will be awesome!  A thin "invisible" cable will bring up the beauty of Wizard artwork design!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back