Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 4, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #18,602 of 36,078
Because there's different colours silly!
tongue.gif

And different gauge wire and varying purity levels.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, the black is pretty boring and the chin slider sucks, but hey, nothing is perfect.

Mar 4, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #18,604 of 36,078
  If people are going to try cables, I never understood why they would go from the stock SPC to another SPC. 
rolleyes.gif

She went from single ended 3.5mm TRS to balanced 2.5mm TRRS to use with her DP-X1
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #18,609 of 36,078
Personally, I could never really tell the difference in materials. Going from single ended to balanced, I could appreciate an improvement, but doubt I'd be able to pick out silver, copper etc.

I couldn't say for sure I noticed anything going from the stock to the balanced silver litz. I just let people decide for themselves on cables. It is always going to be a battle of what he said she said, or he said he said, etc.

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #18,610 of 36,078
Very cool, I wish I'd had Dr. John's expert help with mine! :)
I got the Linum silver balanced cable. I like how thin it is.

I almost went with Linum as well, but then I found out they don't make balanced 3.5mm terminated cables :/ But I'm happy with the current one I'm using though, a good option

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #18,612 of 36,078

Linum is actually multi-strand silver plated copper :wink:  Just curious if you hear any sound change going from Noble's stock SPC cable to Linum BaX litz SPC?  Planning to start with more K10UA testing over this weekend, including different cables.  Before burn in, out of the box, I wasn't too crazy about pure silver cables (first impression, pushing upper mids brightness a bit too much in your face), and switched back to the stock cable.  Also quickly tried BaX but it felt weird with a super thin cable without memory wire and aluminum gold-plated nugget in my ear.  Just a personal preference, but I like memory wire support for K10UA.  I think with K10 CIEMs Linum BaX will be awesome!  A thin "invisible" cable will bring up the beauty of Wizard artwork design!

Yes, sorry—SPC!

Yep, I know what you're saying... as much as I like the thinness of the BaX, I do find myself missing the memory wire a bit.

As far as difference, I can't say I expected much between the Noble SPC and the Linum, but I do think the balanced aspect makes a difference.

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #18,614 of 36,078
Toxic Cables Silver Widow SW22's.....

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #18,615 of 36,078
Personally, I could never really tell the difference in materials. Going from single ended to balanced, I could appreciate an improvement, but doubt I'd be able to pick out silver, copper etc.

I don't know it may all just be placebo but for me silver has always brought higher resolution to the upper range of whatever I've used them in and sometimes the pure silver is just too much sizzle and why I almost always go with silver coated 99.9%. Now that is just me and YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back