Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 25, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #16,876 of 36,071
  To all my Noble friends, it's been another year, another great Christmas. Have a Happy, Merry Christmas, folks! 
smile.gif

Merryxmahuanakwanza.

Dec 25, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #16,877 of 36,071
  My K10s and impressions just arrived at Brannans yesterday and my Linum cable arrived at home, now the long wait for the remold!

Also, the Linum cables are INSANE.

True dat. Not sure what version of the cable is yours but I own the 2-Pin Music cable and I really like it except for two fairly big reasons. One is that the headphone jack is short in length so I can't use it easily with the Survivor case on my iPod because it's recessed enough that I can't get enough grip on the jack with my bare fingers. Two is that it tangles like a person. I can wrap it easily around three fingers and within a minute or so it requires five minutes of untangling. 

Dec 25, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #16,879 of 36,071
I have the Linum Bax cable and find it to be excellent. Like all cables, I find the best way to avoid tangles is to wrap them in a figure of eight over outstretched first and little fingers. The advertised method of dropping them to form a tight circle works only for the first one or two days...

Dec 26, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #16,883 of 36,071
I have the Linum Bax cable and find it to be excellent. Like all cables, I find the best way to avoid tangles is to wrap them in a figure of eight over outstretched first and little fingers. The advertised method of dropping them to form a tight circle works only for the first one or two days...

Never did think of that. I'll have to give that a go. Time to look in the man box.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Dec 26, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #16,884 of 36,071
Great tip.  I will have to try winding my cables in a figure eight. 

Dec 28, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #16,887 of 36,071

Just a teaser? 
wink.gif

Impressions, buddy! 
biggrin.gif

They're in my ears all the time! Here's some quick impressions.

I first tried them with the rubber tips and found them to be very hot on the treble. Switched out to the supplied foam tips and everything started working.

The details are just amazing with this one. Not just that, they have an uncanny way of presenting them.

Bass and drums.. Oh my. I've been rocking out/airdrumming to Tom Sawyer and Smells Like Teen Spirit all weekend. The slam is fantastic and the cymbals are just perfect. The bass is very detailed, of the rumbling variety. The mid range is really good too, the vocals have a lot of character.

With the right tips, these can sound pretty amazing. Sadly, the supplied foam tips are beginning to irritate my ears. Need to explore other options. Any suggestions?

So there you go, initial (admittedly noob) impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back