Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 10, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #16,621 of 36,066
Finally got around to having my ear impressions done for the K10 SLA! Likely get the K10 back after the holidays but still better than waiting two months for the regular customs.

Still kind of wish I went for a personalized design but it's all about the sound right?! :)

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #16,622 of 36,066
Finally got around to having my ear impressions done for the K10 SLA! Likely get the K10 back after the holidays but still better than waiting two months for the regular customs.

Still kind of wish I went for a personalized design but it's all about the sound right?!
smily_headphones1.gif

It's definitely a tough choice! I struggled with the same question for about a month and decided that at that price point, get something you'll try be happy with. For me it was sounds as priority #1 then aesthetics. I decided on Wizard reprints which was a compromise but really happy with them!

I sympathize with your dilemma!

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #16,623 of 36,066
It's definitely a tough choice! I struggled with the same question for about a month and decided that at that price point, get something you'll try be happy with. For me it was sounds as priority #1 then aesthetics. I decided on Wizard reprints which was a compromise but really happy with them!

I sympathize with your dilemma!

We'll see how I like them..... Might get a personalized set (re-shell?) later on....:wink_face:

Dr. Moulton's work is a piece of art!

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #16,624 of 36,066
At a quick glance it looks like the window crushed the Wicked Witch of the East! :)

So that's where those ruby slippers came from!

Dec 11, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #16,628 of 36,066
Where's Middle Earth exactly? I wanna hang with you.

Next time you come to Arkansas look me up and we can have a cold one over some tunes
wink_face.gif

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #16,629 of 36,066
My man cave / 2-channel rig.

Had to add the vent hoods for the summer due to the 600w of heat given off across the 24 tubes! It's nice in the winter though.

Cheers

Nice MS58, love the treatments and attention to setup. Can make all the difference in the world
bigsmile_face.gif
I was very fortunate to have the wife allow me the entire attic as my space and I can't tell you how good the acoustics turned out to be with gabled ceilings, end to end carpet 20' X 34' dimensions
regular_smile .gif
I actually have two separate rigs setup. Main rig is BAT based with B&W Nautilus 804's and a second dedicated to live recordings with flea (10WPC is flea to me) power on Klipsch LaScala's. It's all old now as I got most of it pre wife
blink.gif

That shot was from the listeners positions so I'll show the goods since you were kind enough to display your sweet setup
tongue_smile.gif
These shots are not of the highest quality
redface.gif

I upgraded the table from the Debut Carbon in this photo to a Rega RP-1, far superior table to the Project IMHO
beerchug.gif

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #16,631 of 36,066
  @mscott58 1.Love the cooling 
biggrin.gif
 2. Didn't miss the squeezebox touch (it is still my main transport) 3. What are the speakers?

About the speakers on the porch thing.. Well duhh, they obviously won't fit through those doors 
biggrin.gif

Dulty - Thanks! Yeah, I was very lucky I set the unit up so near to the window and that my engineering training/MacGyver-like DNA allowed me to rig up the vent fan. 

The SBTouch works pretty well, and mine has the hacked firmware that really helps with the SQ. 

The speakers are Merlin TSM-MME's, which are very good monitors, which pair well with the Atmasphere OTL amps, and they are supported by the dual Sunfire Super Jr. subs to help flesh out the lower end. 

And the room treatments really help. I DIY'ed those as well, using pieces of IKEA bookshelves, recycled denim insulation, deer-netting and burlap. Ran me about about $20 per panel, and slightly more for the bigger/deeper bass traps. Jim Smith's "Get Better Sound" is such a great resource for room-treatments and other tweaks. Kills me how many people don't take the room into consideration. 

Cheers 

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #16,632 of 36,066

20 Driver

working on a project

A little Flare

A dash of Denmark

My brothers project (it is in our blood)

and of course, the Noble One  (BTW it has 3 drivers
wink_face.gif
)

Well I knew if anyone was going to get 20 drivers in a shell it would be you! Crazy man
bigsmile_face.gif
I'd like to hear the Noble ones one day
wink_face.gif
Not only does it run in the family but the passion level seems the same as well
cool.gif

Dec 11, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #16,634 of 36,066
Did the 20 driver sound good or was it just an exercise?

Something tells me they might have fallen short on those beautiful, signature mids. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back