No clue of what headphones to get.
Nov 10, 2012 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Supreme Simon

New Head-Fier
I am going crazy for what headphones i should get i have a budget though $240 and €190. I was thinking about the Audio Technica ATH-M50 for a while heard some good things about them but also that they are overrated , i listen to a lot of genres in music , from Hip Hop to classic, dance ,Regae , bass is imporant to me but the sound quality in overall needs to be good aswell  , but i am a noob when in comes to headphones so thats why i opened this thread , hope you can give me some suggestions to which one to get or even really should get.

(i will use them for my Ipod and my computer ) not just for home use but also for when outdoors like in the train or on my bycycle.

Help me on my journey.

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
I am going crazy for what headphones i should get i have a budget though $240 and €190. I was thinking about the Audio Technica ATH-M50 for a while heard some good things about them but also that they are overrated , i listen to a lot of genres in music , from Hip Hop to classic, dance ,Regae , bass is imporant to me but the sound quality in overall needs to be good aswell  , but i am a noob when in comes to headphones so thats why i opened this thread , hope you can give me some suggestions to which one to get or even really should get.

Help me on my journey.

Heya,

Look into:

Beyer DT770 PRO
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultrasone HFI 580
Shure SRH840
Sennheiser Momentum
Sennheiser HD380 PRO
AKG K167
AudioTechnica A900X
Brainwavz HM5
Sony MDRZX700

If going portable, consider Fiio E7 or E17. If simply at home, consider a Fiio E10. Assuming you don't already have source equipment.

Very best,

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #5 of 6
Do you any good review websites , i use mostly cnet , but they have not reviewed all of your  recommended headphones , is the AudioTechnica A900X the same as m50 but with better Bass?  And which one these would you use with my budget ??

Beyer DT770 PRO
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultrasone HFI 580
Shure SRH840
Sennheiser Momentum
Sennheiser HD380 PRO
AKG K167
AudioTechnica A900X
Brainwavz HM5
Sony MDRZX700
M50

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #6 of 6
My suggestion is the following rig:
  1. Ety ER4Ps
  2. Shure Olive tips
  3. Headstage Arrow amp (Use the max bass boost and cross feed)
  4. FiiO premium LOD
  5. IPod or iPhone 
  6. Optionally, you can buy shure removable cable adaptors for the ETYs and upgrade your cable to a custom one if you want so you can also wear the cable behind your ears to reduce microphonics

This combo has the clarity, detail and midrange to die for and you also get some of the best and best controlled bass I have heard.  When I compare this to my balanced HD800 rig it stands right next to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back