NiceHCK Earphones (Thoughts and impressions)
Nov 9, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #121 of 270
Seems the NX7 Pro is now on AE at $89 USD (if u follow certain stores).
I feel it's really a bummer for the first adopters though.

Haha the silver filter is omnivorous =). Scary silver filters eat both meat and vegetables.
The $89 USD discount is specific to the 3.5mm version. I sent a message to see if the 2.5mm will be discounted as well.

Nov 9, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #122 of 270
The $89 USD discount is specific to the 3.5mm version. I sent a message to see if the 2.5mm will be discounted as well.

Oh I hope so. I thought the discount would apply to all options.

Nov 9, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #123 of 270
Oh I hope so. I thought the discount would apply to all options.
Just got a reply (NX7 Pro):
The 3.5mm (I'm guessing the SE not the 3.5mm Balanced) is $89 USD
The 2.5mm is $90 USD

Edit to add:
Research is telling me to wait for a re-tuned NXx, But this bundle and the added discount is playing to my Asian heritage; it's in our DNA to have a low resistance to bundled offers. Also, Nicehck is offering free returns.

I went from no purchases on 11/11, to probably: The NX7 Pro and the TFZ King Edition, 2019 bundle (includes a My Love Edit, random color)

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #126 of 270
Mine came with burrs like that too. Maybe less, but I wasn't impressed with the finishing either, especially for a supposed totl.

Oh wow ok well that's a relief inguess, I wonder if it would be possible to polish out the scruffs? It. Sounds freaking amazing. OMG. I just eqed the bass alot tbh, and really small bit around the mids and lowered 8k to get rid of some sibilance. But wow out of the box I'm really impressed! Now I know the major comaint is fit. Right now the best way Ivan describe it is it's just securely sitting just outside the ear canal, thats how it's supposed to be correct? Are there silicon thing for this as opposed to foam? Just to lessen the shifting? But even if it's just sitting right outside the canal, it absolutely sounds like I'm listening with my t3s, it's crazy!

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #127 of 270
Just got my nx7 pro. I have no qc issues. Just put on the blue filters and threw them in my ears. I wasnt expecting them to sound so smooth before burn in but here we are....

So far I like what I hear, definitely an improvement over the DB3. I'm hoping the soundstage opens up, the spring 1 and **** pro definitely throw out a wider stage so far. But the (female) vocals so far appear to be pretty buttery smooth, which isn't exactly what I was expecting... Bass is on point, better than the DB3 for sure.

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #128 of 270
Sound stage isnt so wide on the NX7s but they have the SQ down. After some burn in you should give the silvers a try too. Injects a bit of clarity to the upper registers. Both filters make the pros sound good but different at the same time.

Gotta love that bass on the NX7. One of my favorites in the sub $100 category for certain.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #129 of 270
Geez I have to say aside from the fit of the ebx, I think I'm preffering it over my t3s, it actually sounds warmer probably because I have to eq t3s 8k down to get rid of the sibilance. I wonder if there are any silicon tips for the ebx? Just to help with shifting around.

KX6JJoJ.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #131 of 270
I finally got some micropore tape and have done that "strip of tape over the nozzle" mod on my original NX7, and I'm pretty pleased with the results. I've always thought the NX7 had a lot of elements that I liked, but there just seemed to be too much treble, it isn't harsh, but it did get fatiguing. Got them set up now with CP145 tips and the cable that is shipping with the NX7 Pro - I've been using that cable on my TFZ No. 3, it's very nice.

I had originally bought some Ostry tuning tips to try and tame the treble somewhat, and they succeeded in reducing the treble volume, but I also felt that they made everything sound a bit lifeless. The bass was definitely less impressive, and none of the technical abilities of the piezo were on display. The micropore mod is a much more subtle change, and doesn't neuter the NX7's core strengths.

This is also the first time I've used the NX7 with a proper amp, which probably helps a lot too. I honestly never noticed that it's 55Ω until the discussion came up with regards to the Pro model. I've had a lot of my listening time with my NX7 straight out of my phone, which surely wasn't doing it any favors.

In any event, cheers to those that have mentioned that mod (think I saw it originally on @Otto Motor's review), I'm glad I finally got around to trying it.

Dec 5, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #132 of 270
The NX7 Pros finally got to my doorstep. I'm about 36 hrs. into the burn

Figured I would start with the middle filter, red. So far, (as reviewers have noted) the bass/sub bass has a good presence, with a fast decay, vs. something like the TFZ No. 3. No mid bass bleed, so far. And this is on my iPad, with the DB3 stock cable, for the burn in.
In a couple of days I'll get the NX7 Pros (on their 2.5mm, stock cable) connected to my Radsone ES100
NX7 Pro naked.jpg

NX7 Pro bling.jpg

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #133 of 270
The NX7 Pros finally got to my doorstep. I'm about 36 hrs. into the burn

Figured I would start with the middle filter, red. So far, (as reviewers have noted) the bass/sub bass has a good presence, with a fast decay, vs. something like the TFZ No. 3. No mid bass bleed, so far. And this is on my iPad, with the DB3 stock cable, for the burn in.
In a couple of days I'll get the NX7 Pros (on their 2.5mm, stock cable) connected to my Radsone ES100

Congrats! Cool pictures!
Red is effectively "no filter" similar to the original NX7.

I ordered my NX7 pro few days ago as well :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back