NiceHCK Earphones (Thoughts and impressions)
Nov 8, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #106 of 272
It is better tuned version of the DMG. Imo. I have owned both. Sold the DMG and kept the M6. It is nice that it is cheaper as well.

Have u tried aftermarket tuning filters with the M6? I saw a few reviewers recommending those rather than the stock filters that come with the M6.

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #107 of 272
Ya I was the first to try out the newer bronze colored vented filter for the M6. Was actually made by BGVP for their DMGs. Gives a bit of air to the highs and mids. Lowers the bass even further. Still has good punch but with better mids and treble. I have 4 sets of filters for the M6.

That particular filter you have to order on aliexpress. I forgot where I ordered it from. Only cost me something like $11 or so.

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #108 of 272
Ya I was the first to try out the newer bronze colored vented filter for the M6. Was actually made by BGVP for their DMGs. Gives a bit of air to the highs and mids. Lowers the bass even further. Still has good punch but with better mids and treble. I have 4 sets of filters for the M6.

That particular filter you have to order on aliexpress. I forgot where I ordered it from. Only cost me something like $11 or so.

Is this it? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32948536073.html

I think it is supposed to also fit the Semkarch. I had it in my cart for a time but removed it because someone said it took away all the bass.

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #109 of 272
Is this it? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32948536073.html

I think it is supposed to also fit the Semkarch. I had it in my cart for a time but removed it because someone said it took away all the bass.
Yep, that is the one, I have been using it on my DMG. It really does decrease the bass quite noticeably on the DMG (which is needed imo). I haven't tried any of the DMG filters on my Semkarch, I started to put one of them on just to check it out, but the threading didn't seem like it quite lined up exactly right, so I didn't want to risk it. Plus I really love the way the Semkarch sounds with the stock bass filter anyways.

Nov 9, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #110 of 272
So while it sucks that initial buyers of the NX7 got more or less a beta. At least these guys recognized these can be improved upon and they did. Nothing wrong with that. I think with the balanced filter these are gonna sound stellar..
Totaly agre with you, especialy if you noticed that.

I'm not sure. Is there a piezo in th new NX7 pro ?
EDIT : answer founded on Aliexpress. NX7 pro with piezo too.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #111 of 272
I was on the fence about NX7 and broke when it came out so none here but this version is looking like a “gotta try those” brain drain so I’m closer now...are they out now? By 11/11?
Ty

Nov 9, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #112 of 272
I was on the fence about NX7 and broke when it came out so none here but this version is looking like a “gotta try those” brain drain so I’m closer now...are they out now? By 11/11?
Ty

Seems the NX7 Pro is now on AE at $89 USD (if u follow certain stores).
I feel it's really a bummer for the first adopters though.

Hf4dbb2b2d3094d8daef3be288719d7a6p.jpg

Haha the silver filter is omnivorous =). Scary silver filters eat both meat and vegetables.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #113 of 272
Seems the NX7 Pro is now on AE at $89 USD (if u follow certain stores).
I feel it's really a bummer for the first adopters though.

In a certain way it kind of feels like i am a beta tester as an early adopter. I am totally aware of the competitiveness in chi-fi and how they churn out new models like every month. Think of brands KZ and TRN.

If released this next year with improved drivers, different shell and the filters and call it NX8 i would really call it an improvement. This is just rehashing the old stuff. Just my 2 cents.

Nov 9, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #114 of 272
In a certain way it kind of feels like i am a beta tester as an early adopter. I am totally aware of the competitiveness in chi-fi and how they churn out new models like every month. Think of brands KZ and TRN.

If released this next year with improved drivers, different shell and the filters and call it NX8 i would really call it an improvement. This is just rehashing the old stuff. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, agree with u, I posted this a few pages back:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nic...s-and-impressions.915497/page-6#post-15290529

I didn't purchase the original NX7, so I'm not familiar with the design, but can the NX7 Pro filters be added to the original NX7? Or it involves removing/modifying the original nozzle? Cause if the filters can just be added and there's no change to the drivers/internals, maybe the first adopters can ask Jim to sell just the filters at a special rate or something.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #115 of 272
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nic...s-and-impressions.915497/page-6#post-15290529

I didn't purchase the original NX7, so I'm not familiar with the design, but can the NX7 Pro filters be added to the original NX7? Or it involves removing/modifying the original nozzle? Cause if the filters can just be added and there's no change to the drivers/internals, maybe the first adopters can ask Jim to sell just the filters at a special rate or something.

The filter on the nozzle is fixed on the non-pro version. Probably glued to the shell. The filters on the pro version seems like a screwing mechanism so i don’t think it is easy to mod the non-pro to be compatible with the filters. Not worth the hassle imho.

Nov 9, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #116 of 272

>but can the NX7 Pro filters be added to the original NX7? Or it involves removing/modifying the original nozzle?

unfortunately it cannot, I asked them and it involves threads - it needs to be screwed inside

really would have liked to try out the filters

Nov 9, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #117 of 272
I'm not sure why ppl feel bitter about the new NX7, except if it wasn't really good in the first place and more an impulsive than a reasoned purchase.

I mean I've not seen a single KPE owner complaining about the KXXS release.

Just buy something great in the first place and then you're like "whatever" vOv

Nov 9, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #118 of 272
I'm not sure why ppl feel bitter about the new NX7, except if it wasn't really good in the first place and more an impulsive than a reasoned purchase.

I mean I've not seen a single KPE owner complaining about the KXXS release.

Just buy something great in the first place and then you're like "whatever" vOv

Part of this hobby for me is to discover and try out new things. Sometimes i read plenty of reviews before splurging the cash. Sometimes i buy on impulse.

Great is subjective as everybody has his or her own preferences and ofcourse different ears. What is great for me today will change tomorrow or next year. I keep looking for new experiences soundwise.

I do agree the NX7 is not great even though i do enjoy them in a certain way.

Nov 9, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #119 of 272
Part of this hobby for me is to discover and try out new things. Sometimes i read plenty of reviews before splurging the cash. Sometimes i buy on impulse.

Great is subjective as everybody has his or her own preferences and ofcourse different ears. What is great for me today will change tomorrow or next year. I keep looking for new experiences soundwise.

I do agree the NX7 is not great even though i do enjoy them in a certain way.

I agree, and made my fair share of "mistakes" (albeit they build experience, leading to less mistakes, so it's all good) but as we mature, and unless one has a compulsive addiction to buy everything, we can easily become more picky.

I disagree to some extent that what is great for me today will change tomorrow, when it sounds really great to me it's not going anywhere. What sounds "acceptable" to me (like say a ZS10 pro) might change tomorrow tho, because it's just that, not great, "ok I guess".

It's a bit the same with speakers, huge progress are made in budget tier, but a pair that sounded great 10 years ago still sounds great regardless of the progress made by others. You can rotate budget speakers every 6 months or settle with a great pair and enjoy the music, depends if it's more about the gear, or about the music.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #120 of 272
I agree, and made my fair share of "mistakes" (albeit they build experience, leading to less mistakes, so it's all good) but as we mature, and unless one has a compulsive addiction to buy everything, we can easily become more picky.

I disagree to some extent that what is great for me today will change tomorrow, when it sounds really great to me it's not going anywhere. What sounds "acceptable" to me (like say a ZS10 pro) might change tomorrow tho, because it's just that, not great, "ok I guess".
You are right, what great is today will mostly still be great next year or in 10 years. What i mean is preferences can change. My preferences have changed for example. I always liked v-shaped sound and bass but as i tried more and more stuff my preferences have shifted away from the bass sound. I can enjoy different tunings nowadays.

Luckily i do not buy everything, i’ve got a KZ ZS5 and ES4 for example. They are ok just like you say so i won’t chase the KZ releases anymore. The NX7 Pro has made me wary for future NiceHCK releases. Just like you say building experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back