NiceHCK Earphones (Thoughts and impressions)
Nov 7, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #91 of 270
I plan to get it on 11/11. I was already considering the NX7, but I like the different filters and faceplates on the new Pro version. Hopefully they've re-tuned it to get rid of some of the harshness in the treble region.

I was hoping for the same, but apparently not. No mention of a re-tuning:
Compared with NX7, NX7 Pro upgrades the following aspects:
Replaceable tuning filters:
Equipped with replaceable tuning filters in silver, red and blue, users can enjoy 3 kinds of sound style!

Silver filter: balanced style;red filter: mid-high frequency style;blue filter: heavy bass style
②Replaceable facepanels:
Equipped with
replaceable facepanels in silver, red and blue, NX7 Pro becomes more playable.
③Standard 16 cores copper cable:
Equipped with
3.5mm 2Pin high quality 16 cores of pure copper cable, the retail price of this 16 cores cable is more than US $30.
④Better external packaging and more abundant accessories(come with a nice earphone box)

I'm not adverse to EQing, so any harshness could be subdued. But quite a few owners (of the NX7) had mentioned a perceived separation of the drivers; which I would interpret as a debatable crossover setting.

At this time, I see 14 purchases have already been made. If the store follows through with their promised discount (for early adopters), I could see the potential for a new wave of purchases, from forum members.

For myself, I would normally succumb to the value of the bundle. But my recent disappointment with the CCA C12 sound signature gives me pause. As the NX7 appears to be similarly, detail oriented. The DB3 (which I own) is marketed as a warmer cousin, to the NX7 and while I like the DB3, I don't know if I would want to purchase a unit that starts with a shallower entry into the deep end.

Nov 7, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #92 of 270
H62769f22522343eea7074fe904653af7H.jpg

These will sound different from the standard NX7. The NX7 is the best selling earphone for them for a reason.
Reason why you read about treble issues is because some of the reviewers were using bright sources which dont match at all with the NX7. The stock cable was also making the standard NX7 thin sounding on top of that.

So here is what the stock NX7 should have come with. I completely agree with the cable choice here. The cable here by the way is worth $40 retail by itself. The filter system is brilliant for these because these have a great detailed foundation so the filters will lessen how much upper range detail you want which affects the warmth.

So while it sucks that initial buyers of the NX7 got more or less a beta. At least these guys recognized these can be improved upon and they did. Nothing wrong with that. I think with the balanced filter these are gonna sound stellar.

I will be getting a review sample of the pros and will most certainly break down how they sound vs the standard NX7.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #93 of 270
I'm not happy as I bought the Smabat ST-10 from NiceHCK when it first came out, now I have the sound cutting out on the left earbud. I have messaged with pictures of the faulty mmcx socket and jacks and am just getting the run around now asking for a video which cannot possibly show sound cutting in and out whilst wearing them

Nov 7, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #94 of 270
I'm not happy as I bought the Smabat ST-10 from NiceHCK when it first came out, now I have the sound cutting out on the left earbud. I have messaged with pictures of the faulty mmcx socket and jacks and am just getting the run around now asking for a video which cannot possibly show sound cutting in and out whilst wearing them
aww man that sucks... after reading some more reviews i gather that among the 2, the EBX would be closer to how the Tin T3 sounds, as in warm, bright, and clear(which is what i like about the t3s). So i might just go for the EBX

Nov 7, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #97 of 270

These will sound different from the standard NX7. The NX7 is the best selling earphone for them for a reason.
Reason why you read about treble issues is because some of the reviewers were using bright sources which dont match at all with the NX7. The stock cable was also making the standard NX7 thin sounding on top of that.

So here is what the stock NX7 should have come with. I completely agree with the cable choice here. The cable here by the way is worth $40 retail by itself. The filter system is brilliant for these because these have a great detailed foundation so the filters will lessen how much upper range detail you want which affects the warmth.

So while it sucks that initial buyers of the NX7 got more or less a beta. At least these guys recognized these can be improved upon and they did. Nothing wrong with that. I think with the balanced filter these are gonna sound stellar.

I will be getting a review sample of the pros and will most certainly break down how they sound vs the standard NX7.
The cable termination choice is a very excellent idea, since I'd probably just order a 16-3 4.4mm cable with them if I got a stock 3.5mm cable, so my cost is reduced by $18 at minimum.

Very strongly considering jumping on these even though I was a bit disappointed by the low end of the DB3.... Hopefully the bass filter does it's job.

Nov 7, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #98 of 270
Quality of the bass is excellent on the NX7. With blue filter the bass will stand out and the bass end being quality it will most certainly be more quantity after the blue filter. Carbon nanotube dual dynamics. Don't disappoint in the bass department.

I think one of the reasons why they came up with this filter scheme is because some folks were saying they wanted more bass out of the NX7. Which now can be done. They won't be bass cannons but they will have some good solid textured bass.

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #99 of 270
Those faceplates and filters look like a gimmick out of a very passable iem to me.

T4, P1, Tape, Hibiscus, the new Fearless, everything else looks more exciting to me vOv

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #101 of 270

This new package looks great, but I wonder what the upcharge is gonna be. I've got the NX7 that was released earlier this year, and I absolutely love it stock/as is. I got a deal from Jim for being a headfi member and got it for $65 (which was $86 Canadian)...and I also bought a pure copper, 8 core, 2.5 balanced Nicehck cable for it. Also grabbed another set of Newbee foam tips to slap on my NX7. From day one, I've never had issues with the sound quality or signature. Many members were doing mods as soon as they got them with stuff like micropore tape or removing the filter screens to stuff foam in them, to make them more pleasing to their ears. I've never had that problem...because I appreciated them immediately. Seems to me that the new Pro model is just giving a factory-approved tuning via these new filters...so that those who didn't like the original NX7 can just swap out the filters to get a sound they like, without having to go through microtape mods of screen removals for some foam insertion. I guess it's not a bad idea, but as a guy who already loves and appreciates the original NX7 without needing any mods, I don't think I'm jumping on the Pro model. The interchangeable faceplates are cool, the cable is a huge and magnificent welcomed upgrade (probably the best part of this new Pro package, Imho) and the inclusion of a case is welcomed. I'll be looking forward to your review when you finally get them, @Dsnuts . But I doubt I'll be buying them, since I'm happy with the original.

Nov 7, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #102 of 270
That cable they're including with the NX7 Pro is nice, I got one and have been using it on my BL03. Maybe I should give it a go on my NX7, heh

Nov 7, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #103 of 270
The pro model will have a different sound from the get go. Reason why I know this is because of the inclusion of the C-16-3 cable. I did a comparison of the stock cable that came with the original NX7 and then threw on the C-16-3 copper cable for my review of them and the sound change was immediate. The stock cable of the original NX7 is just a throw in and nothing that actually did any favors for the sound profile of the NX7. Thicker fuller sound and added balance is the result of using the C-16-3. I guarantee NiceHCK team tried this combo out and made the decision to include it with the new pro model. I think because people was modding the stock NX7. They got the idea to do filters for 3 sound profiles. Something they do already for their M6 model so these guys are familiar with what nozzle filters can do for a sound. So NiceHCK folks are looking at the reviews and feedback from headfiers and enthusiasts. The silver and blue filters will give 2 brand new profiles to the NX7 sound so that and the ability to change the looks and using a much nicer cable makes it worth it for someone interested in getting these especially if you haven't tried them yet.

I agree with courierdriver. Guys that own the original don't really need to get the pro version especially if your happy with the stock sound. But you have to admit it is nice to get 2 additional sound profiles just by changing up the nozzles. I am looking forward to it. When I get the pro I will most definitely let everyone know how it is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back