NiceHCK Earphones (Thoughts and impressions)
Dec 5, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #138 of 270
Should i buy any 16 core cable? Btw
Most impressive thing about db3 is bass it appears when it should be with great body and they arent shadowing mid and treble. İf it has little bit wider soundstage . it was legendary

Dec 5, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #139 of 270
If you have a source with balanced that helps with the staging. SPC cable is the way to go with DB3. Really anything with silver in it. If you have mmcx cables that came with your other earphones I would try those. You might be surprised. I will post a link of some cables that will sound great on the DB3 later tonight I am at work so I cant right now. The crazy thing is it is easy to buy a cable that cost more than the phones due to them being so cheap. The stock cable is just a throw in and nothing more. Does nothing for the sound at all.

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #140 of 270
Just got my nx7 pro. I have no qc issues. Just put on the blue filters and threw them in my ears. I wasnt expecting them to sound so smooth before burn in but here we are....

So far I like what I hear, definitely an improvement over the DB3. I'm hoping the soundstage opens up, the spring 1 and **** pro definitely throw out a wider stage so far. But the (female) vocals so far appear to be pretty buttery smooth, which isn't exactly what I was expecting... Bass is on point, better than the DB3 for sure.
At the halfway mark for the scribed 100 hrs burn in. Did your NX7 Pros benefit from the full 100 hrs. ?

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #142 of 270
At the halfway mark for the scribed 100 hrs burn in. Did your NX7 Pros benefit from the full 100 hrs. ?
TBH, I don't feel like this particular pair changed much with burn in.....

Dec 6, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #143 of 270
Should i buy any 16 core cable? Btw
Most impressive thing about db3 is bass it appears when it should be with great body and they arent shadowing mid and treble. İf it has little bit wider soundstage . it was legendary

That 16 core cable is ok but sonically is not all that different from these.
HTB1kAmyKeuSBuNjSsplq6ze8pXav.jpg

My rule of not using a cable that cost more than the earphones apply here. These are what the DB3 should have come with. It is a cheaper 8 core Silver plated copper cable from NiceHCK
Cost is a bit over half price of the DB3 but is affordable none the less at $11 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32914622984.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.productList_2717667.subject_21

If you want the next step up from these .

isn-audio-s8-700x700.jpg
ISN S8, This cable is a higher quality and will actually improve the sonics on the DB3. Cost over the price. But like all things in life higher quality means more money. Sold at $32 on Penon web site. https://penonaudio.com/accessories/earphone-cable/isn-audio-s8.html There are a few others I can suggest but they are sold on the dark webs so I cant post about em here. If you know what I mean. Lol. these two is what you should be looking at.

Dec 6, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #144 of 270
My rule of not using a cable that cost more than the earphones apply here. These are what the DB3 should have come with. It is a cheaper 8 core Silver plated copper cable from NiceHCK
Cost is a bit over half price of the DB3 but is affordable none the less at $11 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32914622984.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.productList_2717667.subject_21

I am considering this cable. Do you think it will eventually turn green like some of the older white/silver colored cables have been known to do?

Dec 6, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #145 of 270
Actually that is not a bad thing. That just means it has a real silver content. As you all know materials like silver and pure copper costs money so some of these cheaper cables that claim they have a silver coating or plating on them. You have to wonder. My suspicion with some cables is that it has very little actual silver but more paint on them. If you mix lets say 5% silver to silver paint no one is going to know your not using all silver. And you can now claim it now has a silver coating. Who knows. Unless we throw the cable to a chem lab there is no way to really know.

It really depends on how they finish the cable as well. Usually higher end cables don't turn color but I have seen some expensive ones turn. I know when we buy shiny new cables on the market we would like them to remain shiny but it is the nature of the material they are using. A little greening never hurt anything, it ads a bit of a patina that makes it look unique.

Dec 6, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #146 of 270
Actually that is not a bad thing. That just means it has a real silver content. As you all know materials like silver and pure copper costs money so some of these cheaper cables that claim they have a silver coating or plating on them. You have to wonder. My suspicion with some cables is that it has very little actual silver but more paint on them. If you mix lets say 5% silver to silver paint no one is going to know your not using all silver. And you can now claim it now has a silver coating. Who knows. Unless we throw the cable to a chem lab there is no way to really know.

It really depends on how they finish the cable as well. Usually higher end cables don't turn color but I have seen some expensive ones turn. I know when we buy shiny new cables on the market we would like them to remain shiny but it is the nature of the material they are using. A little greening never hurt anything, it ads a bit of a patina that makes it look unique.

Not for me... for me it would be ruined and I would have to replace it. I won't use something if it is ugly to me.

I remember having to help my mom polish her silver cutlery... turns black not green.

Dec 6, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #147 of 270
Well for what its worth I own both cables I listed and both are shiny like new. I have owned the cheaper NiceHCK cable for over 5 months and no greening and the ISN S8 cable I recently got on my H40 has no greening to it as well. Will see if any of em turn green.

Dec 6, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #148 of 270

Turning "green" shows oxidation of copper (typically copper hydroxycarbonate) not silver! Pure silver resists oxidation in air, but may turn blackish/brown in the presence of sulphides.

It is not a bad thing though to clearly confirm that all the talks about "hearing silver" and "hearing copper" make as much sense as silver "turning green" :)

But then the colours of the cables do matter for the perception of sound psychoacoustically. Blue is the best, green is fine as well :) :)

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #149 of 270
e364aeb1ed34833abfeadd0594aaacde.jpg
I have a few older earphone cables that look just like this. Probably the copper that is being affected more so than the Silver here but SPC cables or silver plated copper cables do in fact turn green.

Dec 6, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #150 of 270
e364aeb1ed34833abfeadd0594aaacde.jpg
I have a few older earphone cables that look just like this. Probably the copper that is being affected more so than the Silver here but SPC cables or silver plated copper cables do in fact turn green.

I would not be able to use that. Maybe if the color was totally uniform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back