NiceHCK Earphones (Thoughts and impressions)
Dec 9, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #152 of 270
NX7 Pro

Was a bit of a flyer for me. As the NX7's (proven by my accidentally using the Red filters) response to the higher frequencies are a problem for my treble sensitive ears. But the discount (for those who follow the official store) was too much for me to resist and I also have an affinity to color coding my left and right, whenever possible. :ksc75smile:
NX7 Pro fin.jpg

Some of the NX7 owners say that they can hear a driver separation; which they check off in the win column; but I would categorize this as disjointed or evidence of a poor crossover. Fortunately, while the instruments are clear and distinct, I don't find the playback to be disjointed. The low end (including the sub-bass) has an authoritative presence, but does not muddy the mids. Vocals (both male and female) are true to the respective artist.

The NX7 Pro (with the silver filters) hits most of my goals, as an overall, go to choice. If the sound stage was a bit wider, I could stop this constant search for nirvana.

Sub bass - mid bass:
1. "In your own sweet way", by Wes Montgomery. The Bass (the instrument) is clear, without being over done
2. "Police Helicopter" by John Holt. Near perfect low end, for a weekend-Rastafarian.
3. "Lollipop" by Lil Wayne. It hits and it hits well. I think a die hard Bass-Head would want a slower decay, to get that subterranean resonance of a TFZ
Male vocals
1. "Man in the Mirror" by The King of Pop. Vocals are clear, no sibilance. MJ's distinctive timbre comes across very accurately.
2. "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole. As originally recorded, smokey, deep low end. Playback of Cole's lower register is spot on.
3. "Ben" by young MJ. This is a song that my treble sensitive ears can't normally enjoy. I was able to put the song on a loop.
Female vocals
1. "Empire State of Mind, part II" Alicia Keys. The 1st "New York" chorus is the beginning of a trip down memory lane, for me. When this song is played back properly (as is the case with the NX7 Pro), it can transport you.

Fitment: the NX7 Pros are much easier to get and retain a good seal; as they're a conventional shell, in overall dimensions.
(TFZ King Edition, on left)
TFZ Shoulders.jpg

Equipment:
PC --> Spotify Premium --> Peace EQ --> Monolith THX 788
TFZ EQ.jpg

Dec 10, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #153 of 270
HEY, I am trying to get a hold of "Jim" at NiceHCK -- I sent in my M6 to have the mmcx connectors replaced (as they somehow, after 5 months, quit working), but the earphones were confirmed arrived with NiceHCK 6.5 weeks ago and I still haven't received a message on Aliexpress that my IEMs have been returned or not. Am I being too impatient?

Dec 11, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #155 of 270
HEY, I am trying to get a hold of "Jim" at NiceHCK -- I sent in my M6 to have the mmcx connectors replaced (as they somehow, after 5 months, quit working), but the earphones were confirmed arrived with NiceHCK 6.5 weeks ago and I still haven't received a message on Aliexpress that my IEMs have been returned or not. Am I being too impatient?
A month and an half is way too long. Moondrop fixed my Iems in 2weeks when they received them. Don’t feel shy to ask for updates regularly.

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #156 of 270
A month and an half is way too long. Moondrop fixed my Iems in 2weeks when they received them. Don’t feel shy to ask for updates regularly.
Thanks -- I actually have messaged them 5 times since Nov 25th, and they responded once asking for a little more time; but the last 2 of my messages they haven't responded. I just do not want to be rude and start a dispute, but almost 2 months even during 11.11 is a bit long.

Dec 11, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #157 of 270
Thanks -- I actually have messaged them 5 times since Nov 25th, and they responded once asking for a little more time; but the last 2 of my messages they haven't responded. I just do not want to be rude and start a dispute, but almost 2 months even during 11.11 is a bit long.
If the option to make a dispute is still available to you, I would go forward.

I have no idea how big/small NiceHCK is, but they've been good and questionable on some of my orders; but they take disputes and cancelled orders seriously.

Dec 12, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #159 of 270
Ya I was the first to try out the newer bronze colored vented filter for the M6. Was actually made by BGVP for their DMGs. Gives a bit of air to the highs and mids. Lowers the bass even further. Still has good punch but with better mids and treble. I have 4 sets of filters for the M6.

That particular filter you have to order on aliexpress. I forgot where I ordered it from. Only cost me something like $11 or so.
Just FYI for folks with a NiceHCK M6 (which I love, but modded) -- I took some Blu-tack and, after removing the filters, filled in the cavity by about 50-75%. I use the Bronze filter and I have upgraded the cable. Filling in the cavity reduces the resonant 'booming' of the bass, and now the M6 has almost as tight of Bass as my FLC8s, but with fuller sounding bass than the FLC8s; also better soundstage, separation and imaging, IMHO.

Dec 12, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #160 of 270
Just FYI for folks with a NiceHCK M6 (which I love, but modded) -- I took some Blu-tack and, after removing the filters, filled in the cavity by about 50-75%. I use the Bronze filter and I have upgraded the cable. Filling in the cavity reduces the resonant 'booming' of the bass, and now the M6 has almost as tight of Bass as my FLC8s, but with fuller sounding bass than the FLC8s; also better soundstage, separation and imaging, IMHO.

Haven't attempted any blu tack mods on the M6, but how do u ensure the amounts are consistent across both earpieces?

Have u tried the BGVP 3rd party filters? I'm a bass head and up for mooooore bass anyday, but with stock nozzles (all 3), the midbass is so pronounced that it seems detached, boomy and incongruous with the rest of the frequency spectrum. I find it distracting just hearing the midbass hump being emphasized on all music tracks. Shame as I really like the M6, but find the midbass hump to be the weakness of the M6.
I personally find the 3rd party filters are worth every penny, with them on, the M6 sounds more "audiophile" tuned with the rest of the frequency spectrum being allowed to shine and breathe.

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #161 of 270
Haven't attempted any blu tack mods on the M6, but how do u ensure the amounts are consistent across both earpieces?

Have u tried the BGVP 3rd party filters? I'm a bass head and up for mooooore bass anyday, but with stock nozzles (all 3), the midbass is so pronounced that it seems detached, boomy and incongruous with the rest of the frequency spectrum. I find it distracting just hearing the midbass hump being emphasized on all music tracks. Shame as I really like the M6, but find the midbass hump to be the weakness of the M6.
I personally find the 3rd party filters are worth every penny, with them on, the M6 sounds more "audiophile" tuned with the rest of the frequency spectrum being allowed to shine and breathe.
Well, I just 'eye' the amount of blu tack and what is looks like inside for both ears -- ! I am definitely not a technician and go for 'good enough' in my mods. =) I found the bronze BGVP (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32948536073.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.3c8a3c00mHbxIj&mp=1) to reduce the mid bass, as well as the blu-tack; but the mid bass is still a bit more than the FLC8s with grey filters and red ULF. That being said, the blu-tack within the shell cavity does bring down that annoying mid bass boominess to a nice, warm level. WhenI was at the London Cam-Jam, the only other IEM that I found I preferred over the M6 was the U18, for classical, jazz, Rock genres.
Oh, another thing I do is unscrew the filters about a 1/4 of a twist -- this also reduces the bloom and adds soundstage. Ha ha! All these little things we do to squeeze out a bit more quality. But, for USD 90.00 plus an upgrade cable of $75.00, and have a sound that competes with those worth 1,000+, its great fun!

Dec 16, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #162 of 270
Received a pair of HKX from the 11.11 sale. Took exactly 1 month to arrive.

Initial listening impression is very very positive! My first pair of pure multi-BA IEMs :ksc75smile:

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #163 of 270
Brief impression of HKX

My first pair of multi-BA, no DD IEMs. I was a bit skeptical about "BA sound" at first, and was pleasantly surprised by the natural tone and timbre produced by the HKX. I can hear all the good things about multi-BA IEMs: Fast, clean and textured bass, amazing instrument separation, lots of microdetails. HKX don't sound fatiguing to me.

HKX are very easy to drive - on my M3s, volume is set to 22-25 at low gain, balanced out. Probably the easiest to drive IEMs in my current collection.

Dec 28, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #164 of 270
I’ve got an easier mod for the NX7... I usually buy lots of cheap silicone tips and lots of donut foams and normal foams for earbuds.

I nearly exclusively use donut foams for my earbuds and the ones I get normally comes in 20s pack and there will be 1 or 2 with defects, which is understandable because of how cheap they are.

So what I do with them is I tear them in half through the middle, the horizontal way but it doesn’t matter anyway, fold them twice and roll them up then squeeze it through the hole where the silicone tip resides, Can also try it with less foam to see the results but since I don’t do measurements, and couldn’t care less anyway, I will just trial and error.

The only other IEM I can think of that I have has peaky highs is the Fiio F9, so I will try it on that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back