Newbie ...again
Mar 30, 2011 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Martin J

Head-Fier
A newbie here, always wanted to go the audiophile way......what started of as a search for a good pair of portable headphones (for that commute to grad school) has led me to a Senn PX 100...upgraded source of music from mp3s to FLACs using a Macbook and playing with Decibel/Fidelia...finally bit the grado bug and purchased the SR60i.....loving it although ii haven't burnt it in...i just bought it a couple of hours ago..

I'm also an amateur DJ using the mac and midi controllers heavily, on that side i use Pioneer HDJ500....

was originally thinking of getting Senn HD 25 because it can serve as DJ phones, but i opted to see what the fuss is about with the Grado....and i must say that i am well pleased...

can't wait to see what my next upgrade will be...

Mar 30, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #2 of 8
head over to the sr60 grado mod thread. Your shwelcome.

Welcome by the way

Mar 30, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #5 of 8
To be honest, they are not the best DJ cans....if waited a while longer i would have gotten its beefier brothers the 1000 or 2000...sound wise they serve me well for bass lines but for overall quality im sure your TMA will kick its ass(i tried a pair a while back and its eye candy as well as good sounding). What i liked about it though was that you can twist the right ear cup to almost 90 degrees behind or in front of your ear, that way i can focus on the controllers with both hands rather than having to fear it from falling off....i wish that feature will come on other DJ cans......

Mar 30, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #6 of 8
Most of them do have that feature. I know Shure, Xone, and Technics DJ headphones do.
I didn't think they were too great. I mean, they are the low end of Pioneer DJ cans. They just look pretty nice. I personally still subscribe the idea that the Xone 53 is the greatest DJ headphone ever though. lol

Quote:
To be honest, they are not the best DJ cans....if waited a while longer i would have gotten its beefier brothers the 1000 or 2000...sound wise they serve me well for bass lines but for overall quality im sure your TMA will kick its ass(i tried a pair a while back and its eye candy as well as good sounding). What i liked about it though was that you can twist the right ear cup to almost 90 degrees behind or in front of your ear, that way i can focus on the controllers with both hands rather than having to fear it from falling off....i wish that feature will come on other DJ cans......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back