NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 23, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #331 of 534
@Igor Ruzaev, thanks for your "help". Let me be the first to say you're a real asset to the Head Fi forum! For your information, I did read the manual posted on xVortex's site before I asked my question. He gives clear instructions on how to Rockbox the X3, but I didn't see any specific instructions for the X20,,, So, if you will kindly step aside, maybe someone else can provide a more helpful answer. Or is this no longer allowed in this thread?? I guess I'll just ask xVortex thru a PM.

Nov 23, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #334 of 534
@Igor Ruzaev, thanks for your "help". Let me be the first to say you're a real asset to the Head Fi forum! For your information, I did read the manual posted on xVortex's site before I asked my question. He gives clear instructions on how to Rockbox the X3, but I didn't see any specific instructions for the X20,,, So, if you will kindly step aside, maybe someone else can provide a more helpful answer. Or is this no longer allowed in this thread?? I guess I'll just ask xVortex thru a PM.
sure thing, you're welcome. and don't forget to visit page 17 of this thread to find all instructions from the developer.

Nov 25, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #336 of 534
What happened to the Xduoo X10 II ?
Cant find it on aliexpress or gearbest or penonaudio..
Is it going to be released at some point?

I am trying to decide today if I buy the X3II or the X20 although the X20 double the price and is out of my budget..
Then I decided to look into the X10 II but cant find it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #337 of 534
Xduoo X10 mk2 (X10 II ) ESS9018, like X20

DeGj77fU8AAmE2w.jpg

DeGj77gU8AA3CXe.jpg

What happened to the Xduoo X10 II ?
Cant find it on aliexpress or gearbest or penonaudio..
Is it going to be released at some point?

I am trying to decide today if I buy the X3II or the X20 although the X20 double the price and is out of my budget..
Then I decided to look into the X10 II but cant find it.

Thanks.

PD: Cant figure out how to delete my previous post. Please if any admin can do it.

Nov 25, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #339 of 534
Just wanted to quickly follow up on this.
It took forever (about a week), and it crashed several times, but the script vetted my iTunes library and music folders to only contain music rated 4-5 stars.

Unfortunately, it will be some time before I will get to enjoy the results on an x3ii.
My eBay purchase was cancelled by the seller (who claimed he was trying to help me).
He claimed there were problems with his latest batch, which sounded like total BS.
My guess is a power seller employed slave made a mistake listing (it was $10 less than regular market price).
I reordered from Aliexpress on 11.11, but will not likely get it anytime soon thanks to massive backlog delays due to an ongoing postal strike here in Canada.

Since I have time to kill, I have wiped my 256gb microsd, copied my itunes (not the database) music folder (which was located in the main directory of my M: drive) and tested the results with my Benjie T6 (using both native firmware and rockbox).

I can confirm that I am now able to use playlists from iTunes on the device, and am also able to generate playlists on rockbox which I can then import into iTunes. For both scenarios, I've still needed to use further scripts and programs in order to get the playlists to work. I can provide more details if there is interest.

If anyone is interested, I explain how I used this on my T6 here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-shenzhen-benjie-bj-t6-agptek-rocker.834797/page-46#post-14619946

In preparation for my X3ii and its 30,000 song capacity, I've figured out a decent plan to manage my library/playlists.
For well over a decade, my iTunes library has been building up (1tb+) through listening with a nano, rating songs, and syncing.
For my Benjie T6, i used the "Export to Folder" script to copy all 4+5 star rated songs from my iTunes library into a designated folder, then used Duplicate Cleaner to trim songs within the 15000 range limit for the T6.

While listening to the T6 through shuffle on Rockbox, I've been building playlists.
These playlists are good for the device, but can't really be used with iTunes due to files being named differently, and stored in differing locations.
My goal here was to find a way to be able to also use the playlists within iTunes.

I backed up my 1tb iTunes library database and my music files (located on a separate drive).
I selected all songs except 4 and 5 star rated, and am using KillSelectedFiles script to delete both from the library and from folders.
The script is currently running, and is really slow (it is processing 1 at a time) - i imagine it will take a week to delete 120,000 songs (leaving 28,567 behind).
I will then use a file management program to delete all non-music files (artwork, cues, nfo files) and empty folders.
The end result - I will be able to copy this onto my 256gb MicroSD and thus preserve exact folder structure and file names that I use for iTunes.
I will keep this version of my iTunes library and folders elsewhere, then restore my backed up 1tb library.

My expectation is that when I build .m3u8 files on my X3ii (using Rockbox), I will be able to easily import them into iTunes (likely only having to change the drive letter in the .m3u8)
I will also create a duplicates removed version of this to be used with my T6.

Fingers crossed this pans out. The deleting script is slow and seems to error out occasionally (forcing me to start it again).

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #340 of 534
I am trying to figure out the difference between X3ii and X20.
Other than the DACs and different design, anything else I am missing?
Do the DACs justify the over $100 price difference?
I don't think there are any reviews for the X3ii in this site.
I see two for the X20.
I have 48 hours to decide which one to get.

Thanks

Nov 28, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #341 of 534
I will getting the xduoo x20 soon and I will want to add Rockbox to it. So, do you only extract the Xvotex program to your microsd card and then start the player, or do you have to add an additional program file to the player as well? Thanks for any help offered.

I habe the x3ii and i cant be happier

Nov 28, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #342 of 534
Nov 28, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #343 of 534
x3 uses cs4398 (not ak4490 like x3ii). it sounds good, but i usually prefer ess9018. it also depends of the amplification, but find sabre dac a bit more analytical, cleaner sound.
between x3 and x20, there is also a difference of amount of distortion vs power. so you can get a cleaner sound at same power. x20 is more powerful.
https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/xduoo-x3.php
https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/xduoo-x20.php

x20 has balanced output. although this is a feature i thought i'd not use (iems usually don't need the extra 6dB, power, of balanced mode), i've found myself using balanced output more often than single end: crosstalk difference is big, so you get wider soundstage (this might be interesting for some iems); i've managed to drive even he400i headphones with this little beast (balanced mode, near maximum volume) with low distortion.

so the differences can be big, depending of what's important to you.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #344 of 534
X3 uses Cirrus Logic CS4398
X3ii uses the Ak4490

Users who are viewing this thread

Back