The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Nov 18, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #676 of 775
This is only a hunch. I think you might have a file with a corrupted tag or a tag format that the firmware doesn't like.

I'm only saying what comes to mind, I could be a million miles off.
You were right! I was able to track down the song with a tag issue. The comment tag of the song had the artist's biography. Lol. Thanks for the suggestion its now working

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #677 of 775
Since inline remote functionality is not possible with this device, I've ordered an Xduoo X3ii (which also supports Rockbox, and natively has 30000 song limit). I originally ordered through eBay, but my order was cancelled. I ended up ordering on 11.11, but it might take forever to get the device here in Canada thanks to a major backlog due to an ongoing postal strike.

In preparation for this device, I opted to rethink the way I am managing my music.

Details are here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...duoo-are-on-fire.867522/page-21#post-14564755

Follow up, here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...duoo-are-on-fire.867522/page-23#post-14619825

In short - instead of exporting some of my iTunes library to be used on a device, I backed up my iTunes library, then ran a script that deleted specifically selected library and folder entries. I now copy my main folder directory onto the microsd. Both iTunes and Rockbox are using the exact same folder architecture, and with the use of some further scripts/programs, I am able to cross pollinate playlists (iTunes playlist works on Rockbox, Rockbox generated playlist works in iTunes).

I rarely use the native T6 firmware (due to 15000 limit), but also found a way to make this work better.
Using batch song duplicate remover software, I was able to create a folder version that was slightly over 15000.
My music folders are sorted through genres, so with the removal of a few genre folders, I was able to make it to just under 15000. I copied this onto my microsd, then booted my T6. I allowed hiby to build a database based on this. Same with rockbox - which I saved as m3u. I then copied the removed genre folders onto the microsd, and updated my database only on rockbox. I saved the results in an m3u. I then copied my full 4-5 star rated library (with all duplicates) onto the microsd, and once again updated the rockbox database, and saved the m3u.

Because of these steps taken, Hiby has a 15000 database that is focused on diversity and not just the first 15000 scanned. I also have 3 m3u's which I can now import into iTunes (if I wanted to fine-tune). In any case - I am now much more happier knowing that any major playlists that I build will be able to be used on both at home and away.

Dec 19, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #678 of 775
Hi can you help me with my problem on my benjie t6. I tried to update the firmware to v1.2 but update failed. Can you help me with this. Thanks

Attachments

• 20181219_203500.jpg
    20181219_203500.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 19, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #680 of 775
Hi can you help me with my problem on my benjie t6. I tried to update the firmware to v1.2 but update failed. Can you help me with this. Thanks

For those still struggling with upgrading their T6's, here is a link to the modified 1.2 FW
https://ufile.io/i32ne

Here is the modified Rockbox .upt (including d2cef81 release)
https://ufile.io/clmns

Both links will only last 30 days

EDIT: the links do not work. Maybe @shikotee could upload the files again ?

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #688 of 775
I just received the AGPtek Rocker as a Christmas present. So far, I'm enjoying it! The bluetooth feature is awesome, and is the main reason I was looking to upgrade my MP3 player. I've had the Sansa Fuze for YEARS, and it's been great for me: easy to use and navigate, the buttons and spin wheel for volume control are awesome.
One thing that I've been dissatisfied with on the Rocker is the "Folder View". I have about 1500 (not 15,000) songs on the Rocker, arranged into folders. On my Sansa Fuze, I could select a parent folder and then select "play all", and it would play all the songs in the sub folders too. Is that not possible on the Rocker? It seems like I have to drill down into a final folder that contains music files and then can only play those songs. How do i change this? (Firmware is 1.2).
Thank you!

Feb 2, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #689 of 775
Mine came today and had the same 1.08b error when upgrading, so I changed .upt to .iso, extracted with winrar, changed the build date and rebuilt it with imgburn (set to iso9660, NOT UDF or it will fail).

Then I updated to 1.02 agptek firmware and wanted to upgrade to the latest "ROCKER Firmware Update(7th, Dec, 2018)" and had to change the build date again because although it has agptek firmware, the bootloader is still set to benjie's. Is there a way to overwrite the bootloader to agptek's?

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #690 of 775
I understand Rockbox is still in development/pre-alpha build but it works well so far and I've been keeping up with the daily builds. A few problems I've noticed with rockbox: The battery life is not very good, and it reports an inaccurate amount of power (typically 96-98% on a full charge). But the player charges in <1 hour. Another problem is lack of folder.jpg cover compatibility. Other than that, it works very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back