NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 21, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #304 of 534
Ok, I’ll think about it.
Nice to know that you'll consider it. Transferring files one by one via ADB is pain in the ass, and even then the theme won't display properly even if the files are in the correct directory. Also, I've noticed that the copied files via ADB are read-only; attempted to edit the .cfg and .wps files via Rockbox's built-in text editor, and it doesn't save.

What exactly is incentive to use Rockbox instead of the official firmware with the X20?
Too many to mention here, but one of the advantages Rockbox has over to the stock FW is the gapless playback. The stock X3II HiBy player also does gapless kinda well, but sometimes it adds a weird fade-in effect when the track is changing, unlike with Rockbox, where the gapless playback is consistent and seamless; no fade-in at the beginning of the tracks. No Bluetooth and inline headset controls when in Rockbox, though.

thanks for the hint! I've installed ADB and tested with my phone (works). I suppose that I need to select "ADB start" from the tools menu to get the X20 to show up, but the moment I plug in a USB cable the player jumps from the tools menu right to the USB connection screen of the official firmware, before I have a chance to select "ADB start"... is there some trick to avoiding that?
Alternatively, aside from Xvortex's suggestion, you could also select "ADB start" from the tools menu, boot into Rockbox, then connect your X3II to PC. That's what I did in my case.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #305 of 534
Oct 25, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #306 of 534
Pulled the trigger and ordered the X3ii today.
Lowest price (for Canada) I could find was through Ebay ($124.93 CDN), where there is a 10% off everything promotion until tomorrow morning ($112.44 CDN total).
I expect there will be all sorts of sales in November, but this seemed too good to resist.

Oct 28, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #307 of 534
In preparation for my X3ii and its 30,000 song capacity, I've figured out a decent plan to manage my library/playlists.
For well over a decade, my iTunes library has been building up (1tb+) through listening with a nano, rating songs, and syncing.
For my Benjie T6, i used the "Export to Folder" script to copy all 4+5 star rated songs from my iTunes library into a designated folder, then used Duplicate Cleaner to trim songs within the 15000 range limit for the T6.

While listening to the T6 through shuffle on Rockbox, I've been building playlists.
These playlists are good for the device, but can't really be used with iTunes due to files being named differently, and stored in differing locations.
My goal here was to find a way to be able to also use the playlists within iTunes.

I backed up my 1tb iTunes library database and my music files (located on a separate drive).
I selected all songs except 4 and 5 star rated, and am using KillSelectedFiles script to delete both from the library and from folders.
The script is currently running, and is really slow (it is processing 1 at a time) - i imagine it will take a week to delete 120,000 songs (leaving 28,567 behind).
I will then use a file management program to delete all non-music files (artwork, cues, nfo files) and empty folders.
The end result - I will be able to copy this onto my 256gb MicroSD and thus preserve exact folder structure and file names that I use for iTunes.
I will keep this version of my iTunes library and folders elsewhere, then restore my backed up 1tb library.

My expectation is that when I build .m3u8 files on my X3ii (using Rockbox), I will be able to easily import them into iTunes (likely only having to change the drive letter in the .m3u8)
I will also create a duplicates removed version of this to be used with my T6.

Fingers crossed this pans out. The deleting script is slow and seems to error out occasionally (forcing me to start it again).

Nov 3, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #308 of 534
Had this player for a few weeks now and I agree it does benefit from some hours 'running in' ... much better now. I've been trying out my full-size headphones with it and my favourite is the Massdrop HD-58X, although Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open is also pretty good but not as good as a dynamic ... possibly just not enough power ?

Very happy with this my first decent DAP... altho I won't be abandoning my main rig anytime soon !
Hi Charente, can you tell me if, whenever you use the EQ (in case you do), does the volume get lower when you increase any of the 10 bands, especially the low frequency ones? I own a Cayin N3 and even though I like it, I am extremely frustrated by the equalizer: I find it does not bring sparkle or punch to the sound, but rather distorts it and reduces its power. I own a few Sony mp3 players and even though they have much less output power (35 mW vs 135 mW for the Cayin), the use of the EQ gives more power to the sound...
Now I am seriously thinking of changing the Cayin for that reason, or maybe buy an amp, but that sucks in terms of portability. Not sure if other DAPs do better, though.
Any thoughts that, anyone?
Thanks

Nov 3, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #309 of 534
Hi @Le Stef ... I don't use EQ ... I find the Massdrop HD-58X headphones are fine for my listening preferences without any EQ. Maybe someone could chime in to give their opinions.

Nov 3, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #310 of 534
So I've bought myself the X3ii. What an awesome little player.

Like all good tinkerers I almost immediately got RockBox on it and I must say it is a dream to use. Settings galore.

Unfortunately I've run into two "problems". One more a nuisance than a problem, and one serious problem.

1. It seems that the Line-Out jack is acting as a normal headphone jack under RockBox. Volume is still adjustable when using Line-Out. Bit of a nuisance as I have to turn up the volume if I'm using it in the car and then remember turn it back down if I'm using my IEM's. I did look for a setting somewhere to disable volume control on Line-Out, but I can't seem to find one. Am I missing something?
  2. This is a bit of a biggy, and resulted in me flashing back to stock. There seems to be some kind of error somewhere that causes my X3ii to stop playing files. It happens in two ways. I will either have the music playing, skip, and it just stop playing (it does show the playing icon, but the timer does not advance), or the player will go into sleep, without anything playing, and on waking up it will exhibit the same symptoms. Any idea what might cause this?
Otherwise I'm very happy with the device and would really like to have a fully functional RockBox running.

Nov 3, 2018 at 6:10 AM Post #311 of 534
So I've bought myself the X3ii. What an awesome little player.

Like all good tinkerers I almost immediately got RockBox on it and I must say it is a dream to use. Settings galore.

Unfortunately I've run into two "problems". One more a nuisance than a problem, and one serious problem.

1. It seems that the Line-Out jack is acting as a normal headphone jack under RockBox. Volume is still adjustable when using Line-Out. Bit of a nuisance as I have to turn up the volume if I'm using it in the car and then remember turn it back down if I'm using my IEM's. I did look for a setting somewhere to disable volume control on Line-Out, but I can't seem to find one. Am I missing something?
  2. This is a bit of a biggy, and resulted in me flashing back to stock. There seems to be some kind of error somewhere that causes my X3ii to stop playing files. It happens in two ways. I will either have the music playing, skip, and it just stop playing (it does show the playing icon, but the timer does not advance), or the player will go into sleep, without anything playing, and on waking up it will exhibit the same symptoms. Any idea what might cause this?
Otherwise I'm very happy with the device and would really like to have a fully functional RockBox running.
1. That is also the issue in Rockbox for Xduoo X3. The line-out jack is also acting as a regular headphone jack in X3, and it's also that way in X3II. Let's hope that @XVortex would address this in a future update.

2. I don't have any issues when booted in Rockbox on my X3II. Playback and everything is fine on my end. Maybe your microSD card is corrupted?

Nov 3, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #312 of 534
I have an X3 and to be honest I welcome the variable line out. It prevents clipping on devices that do clip like car stereos.

Why not just set the volume to max when you want to use line out? It's not that hard.

Nov 3, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #313 of 534
1. That is also the issue in Rockbox for Xduoo X3. The line-out jack is also acting as a regular headphone jack in X3, and it's also that way in X3II. Let's hope that @XVortex would address this in a future update.

2. I don't have any issues when booted in Rockbox on my X3II. Playback and everything is fine on my end. Maybe your microSD card is corrupted?

@XVortex is really doing awesome work. It would be nice if he can figure out a way to do this, but like I said, it is a bit of a nuisance and I can manage to live with that.

Not sure if it is a corrupted card. Card is brand new and plays with no problem in the stock firmware. I'll play around some more. Maybe I can narrow it down to something more helpful.

Nov 3, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #314 of 534
I have an X3 and to be honest I welcome the variable line out. It prevents clipping on devices that do clip like car stereos.

Why not just set the volume to max when you want to use line out? It's not that hard.

That is pretty much what I'm doing at the moment. As I said, it's more a nuisance than a problem and I'll be able to live with it.

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #315 of 534
From my post in the wrong thread at first...
I am running the @XVortex dual boot but i'm mostly in Hiby after a couple of weeks.

In HIBY player:
  • Weird skin
  • All functionality (USB DAC, Bluetooth)
  • Sleep mode
  • XVortex's tweak allows 30000 max songs rather than 15000....I am only using 1500 at the moment :p
In Rockbox:
  • Sound seems to pop every time a track is started from nothing (especially from poweron), not between
  • Battery life seems to be shocking in comparison, need to try and work out a proper way to compare
  • Ok theme, further themes can be added via Android ADB (I used qtADB) but most break...few rockbox themes have had to operate at this resolution I guess
    Would really like it to display bitrate/format on the now playing screen.
  • Unsure how to lock keys
  • Last.fm logging (this means so much to me, but the battery life is a big problem that may make me only use HIBY)
Thankyou XVortex btw. I'm studying so low on cash this month but I will definitely send some $ for Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back