The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Jan 5, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #766 of 775
I was just posting this setup over in the KZ thread but I have a total of $112 invested in this rig (Benjie X6, KZ BA-10 w/Tripowin 16 core and seriously I've some setup's worth over $300 that can't compare. I credit these Chi-Fi companies for making rapid and substantial improvements in record time! Not to mention gaining at the same pace on the big name brands :wink:

Nice setup! I use the Tin T2s with my Benjie T6. Tempted to upgrade to that Tripowin cable, does it really make a difference? The current cable is 8-core I'm pretty sure.

IMG_2636.jpg

Total cost for this setup was $63. ($35 for the Benjie T6 and $28 for the T2s)

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #767 of 775
Nice setup! I use the Tin T2s with my Benjie T6. Tempted to upgrade to that Tripowin cable, does it really make a difference?

IMG_2636.jpg

Total cost for this setup was $63. ($35 for the Benjie T6 and $28 for the T2s)

I don't think you'll tell that much difference in the tripowin and what your running now, smart rig :beerchug:

Jan 5, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #768 of 775
I don't think you'll tell that much difference in the tripowin and what your running now, smart rig :beerchug:

Cool. Yeah, I'm very happy with this setup. As you can tell by the photo my T6 has seen some use. Used it on my daily train commute for years, and despite the back being broken and replaced with a makeshift plastic one, it still works great. Although I can't wait for my replacement Rocker V2 to arrive Friday (and also excited to have the rounded edge version).

I have a 200GB SD card in it that is full of hi-res 24-bit music, and the stock firmware even supports surround sound, so sometime's I'll stick some 5.1 FLACs on it. I also have a 400GB sd card with tons of MP3s which I mainly use in the Rockbox mode. (Edit, I swapped the cards around, so now the 200GB has MP3s—and is basically 100% full—and the 400GB has my hi-res files, since it filled up quick).

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #769 of 775
My Rocker v2 came today! I love the rounded corners and how it looks compared to my original Benjie model. It seems to have more of a textured finish. It also feels noticeably lighter than the Benjie T6. I'm very happy I was able to find one for so cheap before they're all gone.

IMG_2654.jpg

Feb 5, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #770 of 775
I've been enjoying my new Rocker, but while using it today I went to turn it on after a couple minutes of having just turned it off, and it started boot looping and wouldn't turn on!

Fortunately I knew a way to fix it. The method of forcing a firmware update even if you can't get any firmware to boot.

While the player is off, make sure there's an SD card in with an update.upt file on the root, and then press the volume down and power buttons on the device at the same time. This will force a firmware update with that update file.

It was strange that happened, since I was using the stock Rocker firmware. I hadn't even Rockboxed it, since i'm leaving my old one to be the Rockbox device, and this one I wanted to keep original. But fortunately it was an easy fix.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #771 of 775
Here's a closer look at the battery for anyone interested. Still haven't attempted to replace it with a bigger battery, as none of the ones I've found seem like they'll fit very well. When the battery in this eventually dies, I'll look into replacing it so that I can keep this device alive indefinitely.

In the mean time, I've just purchased an AGPTEK Rocker v2 to replace this old Benjie T6. T6s and Rockers have become scarce in the past couple months, with Aliexpress even having low or no stock, and charging ~$75 when they are in stock. I was happy to find a discounted Rocker on Walmart.com for $40. There's one left for anyone interested (Edit: It was bumped up to $41 and there's two available now). When it arrives next week I'll probably post here showing it off as I get it all set up and Rockbox it (Edit: Decided not to Rockbox my new one, it'll be my dedicated hi-res FLAC player with the AGPTek firmware and my old one will be my Rockbox mp3 player). This has been my favorite DAP of the past few years, and I want to keep mine alive as long as possible, and I'm sad to see the product being discontinued (if anyone knows of any similar or better product, that has bluetooth, that can also run Rockbox, let me know!)

Since that's a 302870 LiPo, something slightly smaller in any of the dimensions (3.0 mm thick x 28mm wide x 70mm long) might work. Though less nominal capacity, if it's fairly new it might perform decently.

Something along the lines of:
https://www.bihuade.com/292265-302565-3-7v-510mah.html (I sent them an e-mail, to see what a pair would cost, delivered to the US).

Edit: $17 total for two of them, shipped to the US. It's possible you could get new batteries direct from Benjie at a similar price, but I'll be happy to try one of these out, ordered a pair👍

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #772 of 775
Just registered here for the sake of reporting that there's a version of this player available currently in Russia: https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/d9548514bea23330 (about $30).
This variant lacks Bluetooth support completely (see the attached picture, there's no chip) and uses Cirrus CS43L21 instead of Cirrus CS42L51.
In every other aspect they are identical, both versions can use each other's firmware interchangeably (with the caveat of non-functional BT).

IMG_1286.jpg

Dec 8, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #773 of 775
Been a while since there have been any posts on this thread. Understandable since this player is discontinued and hard to find nowadays. I still use mine regularly and love it. I actually grabbed a second AGPTEK Rocker on eBay recently, and even ordered a couple screen protectors (see below).

IMG_3469.JPG

I now have one Benjie T6 and two AGPTEK Rockers. I left one of the Rockers with the original firmware and installed Rockbox to the other. The OG one is dedicated to high-res FLAC music (with a 1TB micro sd), and the Rockbox one is dedicated to my larger music library of MP3s (512GB micro sd).

I also came across this link that appears to be selling AGPTEK Rockers for $44.89 (the picture shows the v1.0 with the sharp corners like the Benjie T6). No idea if they are legit and how many they have, and I certainly don't need any more myself (at the moment), but if someone is interested and wants to try their luck (maybe with a credit card that they'd be able to reverse the charge on in case they don't deliver) I'm curious to know if you actually get one.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #774 of 775
I also have been continuing the search for a good case for this player, and came across this one today. Ordered two to try out on my Rockers. Similar to one I posted here in the past, but seems to be slightly different (but for the same model of Sony Walkman that those cases were for). I'll post pictures here when they arrive.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #775 of 775
The new cases came, and they do fit better than the old one I had been using! They're nice and tight and have a nice smooth feel. The only issue is the openings for the ports on the bottom. I made some cuts to the one on the left to make it more usable (the one on the right remains uncut for now). Definitely the best case I've found for this player.

IMG_3603.JPG
IMG_3601.JPG
IMG_3602.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back