1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by NymPHONOmaniac, Dec 14, 2017.
?

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

1. Dual hifi DAC

2. More internal memory

3. changeable battery

4. more DAC filter for soundsignature

5. changeable amps

6. android touchscreen

7. wifi & bluetooth

8. USB DAC

9. radio

10. xlr balanced output

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last
  1. jdog
    @Igor Ruzaev, thanks for your "help". Let me be the first to say you're a real asset to the Head Fi forum! For your information, I did read the manual posted on xVortex's site before I asked my question. He gives clear instructions on how to Rockbox the X3, but I didn't see any specific instructions for the X20,,, So, if you will kindly step aside, maybe someone else can provide a more helpful answer. Or is this no longer allowed in this thread?? I guess I'll just ask xVortex thru a PM.

2. jaxz
    The procedure to install rockbox it's just like updating the fw: copy the file to the micro SD card and select update firmware from dap menu.

3. jdog
    @jaxz, thanks for your kind and helpful reply. Much appreciated....

4. Igor Ruzaev
    sure thing, you're welcome. and don't forget to visit page 17 of this thread to find all instructions from the developer.

5. jdog
    @Igor Ruzaev, you could have given your second reply the first time around, and I might have respected you more....

6. usuario74
    What happened to the Xduoo X10 II ?
    Cant find it on aliexpress or gearbest or penonaudio..
    Is it going to be released at some point?

I am trying to decide today if I buy the X3II or the X20 although the X20 double the price and is out of my budget..
    Then I decided to look into the X10 II but cant find it.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  7. usuario74
    What happened to the Xduoo X10 II ?
    Cant find it on aliexpress or gearbest or penonaudio..
    Is it going to be released at some point?

I am trying to decide today if I buy the X3II or the X20 although the X20 double the price and is out of my budget..
    Then I decided to look into the X10 II but cant find it.

Thanks.

PD: Cant figure out how to delete my previous post. Please if any admin can do it.

8. usuario74
    trellus likes this.
  9. shikotee
    Just wanted to quickly follow up on this.
    It took forever (about a week), and it crashed several times, but the script vetted my iTunes library and music folders to only contain music rated 4-5 stars.

Unfortunately, it will be some time before I will get to enjoy the results on an x3ii.
    My eBay purchase was cancelled by the seller (who claimed he was trying to help me).
    He claimed there were problems with his latest batch, which sounded like total BS.
    My guess is a power seller employed slave made a mistake listing (it was $10 less than regular market price).
    I reordered from Aliexpress on 11.11, but will not likely get it anytime soon thanks to massive backlog delays due to an ongoing postal strike here in Canada.

Since I have time to kill, I have wiped my 256gb microsd, copied my itunes (not the database) music folder (which was located in the main directory of my M: drive) and tested the results with my Benjie T6 (using both native firmware and rockbox).

I can confirm that I am now able to use playlists from iTunes on the device, and am also able to generate playlists on rockbox which I can then import into iTunes. For both scenarios, I've still needed to use further scripts and programs in order to get the playlists to work. I can provide more details if there is interest.

If anyone is interested, I explain how I used this on my T6 here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-shenzhen-benjie-bj-t6-agptek-rocker.834797/page-46#post-14619946

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  10. usuario74
    I am trying to figure out the difference between X3ii and X20.
    Other than the DACs and different design, anything else I am missing?
    Do the DACs justify the over $100 price difference?
    I don't think there are any reviews for the X3ii in this site.
    I see two for the X20.
    I have 48 hours to decide which one to get.

Thanks

11. Peib
    I habe the x3ii and i cant be happier

12. lotech
    trellus likes this.
  13. hakuzen
    x3 uses cs4398 (not ak4490 like x3ii). it sounds good, but i usually prefer ess9018. it also depends of the amplification, but find sabre dac a bit more analytical, cleaner sound.
    between x3 and x20, there is also a difference of amount of distortion vs power. so you can get a cleaner sound at same power. x20 is more powerful.
    https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/xduoo-x3.php
    https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/xduoo-x20.php

x20 has balanced output. although this is a feature i thought i'd not use (iems usually don't need the extra 6dB, power, of balanced mode), i've found myself using balanced output more often than single end: crosstalk difference is big, so you get wider soundstage (this might be interesting for some iems); i've managed to drive even he400i headphones with this little beast (balanced mode, near maximum volume) with low distortion.

so the differences can be big, depending of what's important to you.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    usuario74 likes this.
  14. lotech
    X3 uses Cirrus Logic CS4398
    X3ii uses the Ak4490

trellus likes this.
  15. hakuzen
First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next