1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by NymPHONOmaniac, Dec 14, 2017.
?

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

1. Dual hifi DAC

2. More internal memory

3. changeable battery

4. more DAC filter for soundsignature

5. changeable amps

6. android touchscreen

7. wifi & bluetooth

8. USB DAC

9. radio

10. xlr balanced output

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last
  1. hakuzen
    i've also noticed these battery issues when at rockbox.
    and would also love format+bitrate in the play screen of default theme.
    [using X20]

2. mono-type
    To lock keys in Rockbox mode, hold the power button for around 2 seconds or until the screen turns off. Hold down again for 2 seconds to unlock. On a side note, I noticed that pressing the power button once doesn't stop the track playback. Almost all Rockbox builds have that function, and Rockbox for Xduoo X3 has that.

Regarding battery life, I noticed it too. It seems that the battery life when booted in Rockbox mode is a bit shorter than in stock FW. About themes, they break/don't appear correctly because they don't match the X3II's/X20's unorthodox Rockbox file directory structure. Traditionally, themes and WPS directory structure is like this:

Code:
    /.rockbox/wps/Theme.wps
    /.rockbox/themes/Theme.cfg
    But in X3II/X20 Rockbox:

Code:
    /usr/rockbox/wps/Theme.wps
    /usr/rockbox/themes/Theme.cfg
    Traditional Rockbox installations has a ".rockbox" folder, but it's "/usr/rockbox/" in X3II's/X20's case, hence I said "unorthodox". I have to edit all instances of "/.rockbox/" to "/usr/rockbox/" in the theme .CFG files first before pushing them via ADB (the .cfg and .wps file can be edited on a text editor like Notepad, etc). It's a bit of an hassle, yeah.

So, the issues should be addressed in the next update are:
    • battery life optimization
    • a much user-friendlier way to install themes in X3II/X20 Rockbox (I already suggested this to @XVortex earlier)
    • related to above, maybe make the Rockbox installation folder stored in the microSD instead of X3II's/X20's internal memory (as the internal memory of X3II/X20 is small and is quick to run out of space), just like the way it is on Xduoo X3.
    • a fix for the line-out jack (as mentioned by @Hark3n, it behaves like a headphone jack instead of line-out).
    Any other issues that should be addressed?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    hakuzen likes this.
  3. counterclockwise
    got ADB to work, found a working wps (from atwTheme), and customised away until I had a wps to my liking (i.e. spartan and informative):
    P_20181103_134541_1.jpg

4. mono-type
    Did you edit the Rockbox directory in your theme's .cfg file (as I said on my previous post, all instances of "/.rockbox/" in the cfg file should be changed to "/usr/rockbox/")? It seems like the WPS doesn't display correctly.

5. robertsong
    Hello
    New to this thread and couldn't find what I was looking for.
    I was hoping if somebody could tell me if the X3ii is true gapless (with or without rockbox).
    Was the X3ii originally called the X3+ before release?
    Thanks.

6. counterclockwise
    believe it or not that's exactly as i designed it. ^_^;;
    the wps only references files within its own sub-directory, so in this case no path problems occur.
    haven't played around with cfg files yet but i'm hoping to have a go at them soon.
    given that the X3 had its .rockbox on the microSD, i suppose that there is some technical reason for the move to device memory...

if we're writing wish-lists anyway:
    • hot-switching outputs. currently only the output that has something plugged in it at boot-up seems to work, so switching outputs requires a reboot.
    • a way of cancelling out of a USB connection without disconnecting the USB cable. currently it seems you can't simultaneously charge and play, since plugging in a USB cable locks the player to the USB connection screen.
    • restoring asian language support in the tweaked hiby player. seems to be a font issue: many glyps display as 'missing character' boxes.
    that said, it's already excellent. props to XVortex ^o^)/

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  7. mono-type
    Oh, my apologies. I thought you weren't aware of X3II/X20 Rockbox's directory quirks. I thought you were using the failsafe/fallback WPS.

There is already a way for that. Hold the play/pause button before you connect your X3/X3ii/X20 to USB so Rockbox wouldn't be in USB storage mode.

8. robertsong
    Guys...when you talk about the need of Rockbox FW for gapless playback, do you mean for just lossy files or .WAV's as well?

9. counterclockwise
    i'll admit i did mimic its aesthetic ^_~

oh, neat! thanks!
    i should just RTFM really ^^;

10. mono-type
    Both lossless and lossy files, of course. And oh, the stock FW can also do gapless playback well, too, just not as streamlined as on Rockbox (the stock FW sometimes adds a weird fade-in effect when switching to the next track).

I guess I should RTFM, too. I just learned recently that as stated on the Rockbox manual, holding any button (perhaps except the power button) should do the trick too, not just the play/pause button. XD

(I can't remember where exactly I read about the play/pause button thing. I guess I read it somewhere here at Head-Fi,)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  11. Peib
    Hello
    I have just bought x3ii and installed rockbox
    Am i the only one with lag? I cant play dsd too in rockbox and i dont know how reinstall it
    Thanks!

12. dafos58
    When do you experience lag? After starting your X3ii and chosing the OS you want, it should start without to much waiting time. Rockbox isn't able to play DSD files.

13. Peib
    I have no lag now, but im not using rockbox anymore cause dsd files :frowning2:

14. jdog
    I will getting the xduoo x20 soon and I will want to add Rockbox to it. So, do you only extract the Xvotex program to your microsd card and then start the player, or do you have to add an additional program file to the player as well? Thanks for any help offered.

15. Igor Ruzaev
    why don't you just read the installation manual posted by xVortex ? it's clear as a day. or are you just lazy to find it yourself? you have plenty of time while waiting for your dap to arrive, lol

First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last