NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 2, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #526 of 534
No and no, it has nothing to do with gain, all these days have set gain for their amp sections, line out sections, you are not adjusting the gain in analog domain, bit in digital. There is no amping. Signal is being attenuated before it gets converted. Simple as that. Rest of the circuit is fixed, as in it always works at the same gain in it's analog domain. Has absolutely nothing to do with double amping. Double amped is when you would plug your headphone output into a nother bigger amps input.
If the volume is adjusted digitally it can be adjusted for any output, doesn't matter if it's line out or hp out balanced or se. The line out will still be unamplified line out, with a lowered volume level. What's hard to understand here. Most manufacturers don't include adjustable output for line out cause of time, costs or just being plain lazy.
A line out section of a dap can be take straight from lpf or go through a buffer stage(buffer being the better option) and it doesn't give any gain, rather you are turning the volume down from 100 to something else, whatever the reason may be.
Lastly volume has nothing to do with amp section in these devices, it's either xmos chip, FPGA or DAC chip itself.
Also volume control is not a gain dial, rather a brake dial. You are not adding anything, but rather removing to make the signal quieter. And it's a passive component that takes care of it.
Ok I think I’m following, thanks for the response. If that’s the case, then how would one know the optimum volume/gain setting on the source before adjusting the volume on the external amp? Ignore the “gain” (referring to high, low, etc) part of that sentence if it does become fixed for line out.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #527 of 534
Ok I think I’m following, thanks for the response. If that’s the case, then how would one know the optimum volume/gain setting on the source before adjusting the volume on the external amp? Ignore the “gain” (referring to high, low, etc) part of that sentence if it does become fixed for line out.
Rule of thumb would be leave it at max for line out and adjust it through the big amplifier. But not always is feasible, mostly due to the outputs not being able to handle the devices full power without distortion or unwanted modulation (main reason all my gear gets modded). Sometimes the input might not be happy with the source at max(tho this is almost never the case). In both of those cases would lower the source volume, but don't go crazy, usually would not be required more than 10% down. This way you have headroom on your source and have also a lot less of a chance of overloading the input of the main amp(again this scenario is extremely rare, almost impossible). So I will say if there are no issues with line out being at max, leave it there, this way you'll have the best performance and sound quality. If there seem to be some problems with it at max only then lower it. Otherwise use the big amps pot, it will always sound best this way. Sorry for my extremely long posts, tried to explain as best as I can.

Mar 2, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #528 of 534
Rule of thumb would be leave it at max for line out and adjust it through the big amplifier. But not always is feasible, mostly due to the outputs not being able to handle the devices full power without distortion or unwanted modulation (main reason all my gear gets modded). Sometimes the input might not be happy with the source at max(tho this is almost never the case). In both of those cases would lower the source volume, but don't go crazy, usually would not be required more than 10% down. This way you have headroom on your source and have also a lot less of a chance of overloading the input of the main amp(again this scenario is extremely rare, almost impossible). So I will say if there are no issues with line out being at max, leave it there, this way you'll have the best performance and sound quality. If there seem to be some problems with it at max only then lower it. Otherwise use the big amps pot, it will always sound best this way. Sorry for my extremely long posts, tried to explain as best as I can.
No problem, heard that loud and clear. I was aware that pushing the volume too hard on the source could result in distortion.

Mar 30, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #531 of 534
Haven't tested the line out yet but the X3ii is a very nice player if you can still find it. Less dry sounding than Shanling Q1 to my ears and with a bit less sub bass and upper treble emphasis. Good soundstage, easy UI, easy recommendation.

Dec 3, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #532 of 534
Hi SinuX,
I'm looking at getting a used Xduoo X3ii and I read that you firmware has the ability to index more files than the firmware from Xduoo. As I'm a newbie to all these players, what I found interesting that would fit my needs is the use of and Android app HiBy to view, select all files on the x3ii. I was wondering if updating to your firmware, is there still a way I could use an app on my android phone to have full control over the x3ii?

best

Dec 3, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #533 of 534
Hi SinuX,
I'm looking at getting a used Xduoo X3ii and I read that you firmware has the ability to index more files than the firmware from Xduoo. As I'm a newbie to all these players, what I found interesting that would fit my needs is the use of and Android app HiBy to view, select all files on the x3ii. I was wondering if updating to your firmware, is there still a way I could use an app on my android phone to have full control over the x3ii?

best
Hi, yes of course. My firmware is based on stock from xduoo and has some tweaks, but retains all the features of the stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back