NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 18, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #511 of 534
Good evening mister.

If have v1.8, is downgrade possible ? If you have firmware files for 1.6 let's say, can you go from 1.8 to 1.6 ? Or is like other devices, going up is fine, but downgrading firmware is hard.

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Yes you can. I'm running Vtek custom build based on 1.59 built in with rockbox after facing dac problem on 1.8

It's such a sad device, powerful and beautiful output but almost abandoned by the manufacturer :frowning2:

Oct 18, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #512 of 534
Yes you can. I'm running Vtek custom build based on 1.59 built in with rockbox after facing dac problem on 1.8

It's such a sad device, powerful and beautiful output but almost abandoned by the manufacturer :frowning2:
Hello.

Ok, thanks.

With Rockbox ok, but without, how it is. Can you downgrade from Xduoo official v1.8 to Xduoo official v1.6 ?

How is the battery life with Rockbox. And can it work as USB transport to external DAC ? Like the USB function on the stockfirmware, you connect DAC with USB and it works. Can it do that when rockboxed ?

Oct 18, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #513 of 534
Hello.

Ok, thanks.

With Rockbox ok, but without, how it is. Can you downgrade from Xduoo official v1.8 to Xduoo official v1.6 ?

How is the battery life with Rockbox. And can it work as USB transport to external DAC ? Like the USB function on the stockfirmware, you connect DAC with USB and it works. Can it do that when rockboxed ?
Yes you can.
Just install the other firmware like 1.6 or 1.7 using updater.upt file

The Battery life on Rockbox is pretty similar actually. But usb dac function won't work on Rockbox as it's still on wip

Mar 1, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #515 of 534
I read that the X3ii can do gapless natively? Also, does the line out bypass the amp section? I read that the original X3 doesn't and just sets the volume to max. Haven't gone through the thread so I apologize if it has been answered already.

Mar 1, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #516 of 534
Not sure what you mean by native gapless playback. Very few players support truly gapless playback on MP3 files, and X3ii is one of those. Most players that offer gapless, are truly gapless on FLAC/WAV/AAC etc.

Mar 1, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #517 of 534
Not sure what you mean by native gapless playback. Very few players support truly gapless playback on MP3 files, and X3ii is one of those. Most players that offer gapless, are truly gapless on FLAC/WAV/AAC etc.
By native I mean not needing Rockbox, etc and I was referring to wav files specifically, not MP3.

Mar 2, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #521 of 534
Ah my bad

Adjustable volume on line out. It's rare feature I suppose?
No prob, but that would mean it doesn't bypass the amp section if the volume is still moveable if I'm not mistaken. And by that I mean the actual volume changes on the output, not just the physical manipulation of the volume.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #523 of 534
No prob, but that would mean it doesn't bypass the amp section if the volume is still moveable if I'm not mistaken. And by that I mean the actual volume changes on the output, not just the physical manipulation of the volume.
Not really, if volume is adjusted in digital domain like most days than it has nothing to do with it being line out through a buffer or hp out. Volume control happens before it becomes analogue.

Mar 2, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #524 of 534
Not really, if volume is adjusted in digital domain like most days than it has nothing to do with it being line out through a buffer or hp out. Volume control happens before it becomes analogue.
That doesn’t make sense. If the volume is changed on the source and it effects the volume of the headphone through an external amp then the source is “double amped.” Amp 1 effecting volume: Amp section of the source. Amp 2 effecting volume: External amp. Only an active amp section can effect volume.

Also, iPods are digital and you still cannot adjust the volume on them once plugged into an external amp properly through line out (not the headphone jack).

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #525 of 534
That doesn’t make sense. If the volume is changed on the source and it effects the volume of the headphone through an external amp then the source is “double amped.” Amp 1 effecting volume: Amp section of the source. Amp 2 effecting volume: External amp. Only an active amp section can effect volume.

Also, iPods are digital and you still cannot adjust the volume on them once plugged into an external amp properly through line out (not the headphone jack).
No and no, it has nothing to do with gain, all these days have set gain for their amp sections, line out sections, you are not adjusting the gain in analog domain, bit in digital. There is no amping. Signal is being attenuated before it gets converted. Simple as that. Rest of the circuit is fixed, as in it always works at the same gain in it's analog domain. Has absolutely nothing to do with double amping. Double amped is when you would plug your headphone output into a nother bigger amps input.
If the volume is adjusted digitally it can be adjusted for any output, doesn't matter if it's line out or hp out balanced or se. The line out will still be unamplified line out, with a lowered volume level. What's hard to understand here. Most manufacturers don't include adjustable output for line out cause of time, costs or just being plain lazy.
A line out section of a dap can be take straight from lpf or go through a buffer stage(buffer being the better option) and it doesn't give any gain, rather you are turning the volume down from 100 to something else, whatever the reason may be.
Lastly volume has nothing to do with amp section in these devices, it's either xmos chip, FPGA or DAC chip itself.
Also volume control is not a gain dial, rather a brake dial. You are not adding anything, but rather removing to make the signal quieter. And it's a passive component that takes care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back