NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 3, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #316 of 534
From my post in the wrong thread at first...
I am running the @XVortex dual boot but i'm mostly in Hiby after a couple of weeks.

In HIBY player:
  • Weird skin
  • All functionality (USB DAC, Bluetooth)
  • Sleep mode
  • XVortex's tweak allows 30000 max songs rather than 15000....I am only using 1500 at the moment :p
In Rockbox:
  • Sound seems to pop every time a track is started from nothing (especially from poweron), not between
  • Battery life seems to be shocking in comparison, need to try and work out a proper way to compare
  • Ok theme, further themes can be added via Android ADB (I used qtADB) but most break...few rockbox themes have had to operate at this resolution I guess
    Would really like it to display bitrate/format on the now playing screen.
  • Unsure how to lock keys
  • Last.fm logging (this means so much to me, but the battery life is a big problem that may make me only use HIBY)
Thankyou XVortex btw. I'm studying so low on cash this month but I will definitely send some $ for Christmas.
i've also noticed these battery issues when at rockbox.
and would also love format+bitrate in the play screen of default theme.
[using X20]

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #317 of 534
In Rockbox:
  • Sound seems to pop every time a track is started from nothing (especially from poweron), not between
  • Battery life seems to be shocking in comparison, need to try and work out a proper way to compare
  • Ok theme, further themes can be added via Android ADB (I used qtADB) but most break...few rockbox themes have had to operate at this resolution I guess
    Would really like it to display bitrate/format on the now playing screen.
  • Unsure how to lock keys
  • Last.fm logging (this means so much to me, but the battery life is a big problem that may make me only use HIBY)
To lock keys in Rockbox mode, hold the power button for around 2 seconds or until the screen turns off. Hold down again for 2 seconds to unlock. On a side note, I noticed that pressing the power button once doesn't stop the track playback. Almost all Rockbox builds have that function, and Rockbox for Xduoo X3 has that.

Regarding battery life, I noticed it too. It seems that the battery life when booted in Rockbox mode is a bit shorter than in stock FW. About themes, they break/don't appear correctly because they don't match the X3II's/X20's unorthodox Rockbox file directory structure. Traditionally, themes and WPS directory structure is like this:

Code:
/.rockbox/wps/Theme.wps
/.rockbox/themes/Theme.cfg

But in X3II/X20 Rockbox:

Code:
/usr/rockbox/wps/Theme.wps
/usr/rockbox/themes/Theme.cfg

Traditional Rockbox installations has a ".rockbox" folder, but it's "/usr/rockbox/" in X3II's/X20's case, hence I said "unorthodox". I have to edit all instances of "/.rockbox/" to "/usr/rockbox/" in the theme .CFG files first before pushing them via ADB (the .cfg and .wps file can be edited on a text editor like Notepad, etc). It's a bit of an hassle, yeah.

So, the issues should be addressed in the next update are:
  • battery life optimization
  • a much user-friendlier way to install themes in X3II/X20 Rockbox (I already suggested this to @XVortex earlier)
  • related to above, maybe make the Rockbox installation folder stored in the microSD instead of X3II's/X20's internal memory (as the internal memory of X3II/X20 is small and is quick to run out of space), just like the way it is on Xduoo X3.
  • a fix for the line-out jack (as mentioned by @Hark3n, it behaves like a headphone jack instead of line-out).
Any other issues that should be addressed?

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #318 of 534
got ADB to work, found a working wps (from atwTheme), and customised away until I had a wps to my liking (i.e. spartan and informative):
P_20181103_134541_1.jpg

Nov 3, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #319 of 534
got ADB to work, found a working wps (from atwTheme), and customised away until I had a wps to my liking (i.e. spartan and informative):
Did you edit the Rockbox directory in your theme's .cfg file (as I said on my previous post, all instances of "/.rockbox/" in the cfg file should be changed to "/usr/rockbox/")? It seems like the WPS doesn't display correctly.

Nov 3, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #320 of 534
Hello
New to this thread and couldn't find what I was looking for.
I was hoping if somebody could tell me if the X3ii is true gapless (with or without rockbox).
Was the X3ii originally called the X3+ before release?
Thanks.

Nov 3, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #321 of 534
Did you edit the Rockbox directory in your theme's .cfg file (as I said on my previous post, all instances of "/.rockbox/" in the cfg file should be changed to "/usr/rockbox/")? It seems like the WPS doesn't display correctly.
believe it or not that's exactly as i designed it. ^_^;;
the wps only references files within its own sub-directory, so in this case no path problems occur.
haven't played around with cfg files yet but i'm hoping to have a go at them soon.
given that the X3 had its .rockbox on the microSD, i suppose that there is some technical reason for the move to device memory...

Any other issues that should be addressed?
if we're writing wish-lists anyway:
  • hot-switching outputs. currently only the output that has something plugged in it at boot-up seems to work, so switching outputs requires a reboot.
  • a way of cancelling out of a USB connection without disconnecting the USB cable. currently it seems you can't simultaneously charge and play, since plugging in a USB cable locks the player to the USB connection screen.
  • restoring asian language support in the tweaked hiby player. seems to be a font issue: many glyps display as 'missing character' boxes.
that said, it's already excellent. props to XVortex ^o^)/

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #322 of 534
believe it or not that's exactly as i designed it. ^_^;;
the wps only references files within its own sub-directory, so in this case no path problems occur.
haven't played around with cfg files yet but i'm hoping to have a go at them soon.
given that the X3 had its .rockbox on the microSD, i suppose that there is some technical reason for the move to device memory...
Oh, my apologies. I thought you weren't aware of X3II/X20 Rockbox's directory quirks. I thought you were using the failsafe/fallback WPS.

a way of cancelling out of a USB connection without disconnecting the USB cable. currently it seems you can't simultaneously charge and play, since plugging in a USB cable locks the player to the USB connection screen.
There is already a way for that. Hold the play/pause button before you connect your X3/X3ii/X20 to USB so Rockbox wouldn't be in USB storage mode.

Nov 7, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #324 of 534
Oh, my apologies. I thought you weren't aware of X3II/X20 Rockbox's directory quirks. I thought you were using the failsafe/fallback WPS.
i'll admit i did mimic its aesthetic ^_~

There is already a way for that. Hold the play/pause button before you connect your X3/X3ii/X20 to USB so Rockbox wouldn't be in USB storage mode.
oh, neat! thanks!
i should just RTFM really ^^;

Nov 8, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #325 of 534
Guys...when you talk about the need of Rockbox FW for gapless playback, do you mean for just lossy files or .WAV's as well?
Both lossless and lossy files, of course. And oh, the stock FW can also do gapless playback well, too, just not as streamlined as on Rockbox (the stock FW sometimes adds a weird fade-in effect when switching to the next track).

ioh, neat! thanks!
i should just RTFM really ^^;
I guess I should RTFM, too. I just learned recently that as stated on the Rockbox manual, holding any button (perhaps except the power button) should do the trick too, not just the play/pause button. XD

(I can't remember where exactly I read about the play/pause button thing. I guess I read it somewhere here at Head-Fi,)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #329 of 534
I will getting the xduoo x20 soon and I will want to add Rockbox to it. So, do you only extract the Xvotex program to your microsd card and then start the player, or do you have to add an additional program file to the player as well? Thanks for any help offered.

Nov 23, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #330 of 534
I will getting the xduoo x20 soon and I will want to add Rockbox to it. So, do you only extract the Xvotex program to your microsd card and then start the player, or do you have to add an additional program file to the player as well? Thanks for any help offered.
why don't you just read the installation manual posted by xVortex ? it's clear as a day. or are you just lazy to find it yourself? you have plenty of time while waiting for your dap to arrive, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back