NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 16, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #286 of 534
I am so glad that you are happy making fun of my comment

Lighten up my friend, life is short. I'm not making fun of you. I was just joking around, and meant no offense.

If I had an X3ii I would help you with your problem, but unfortunately I only have the original X3.

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #288 of 534
You can connect with ADB and edit /usr/rockbox -> themes folder.

P.S. added X3ii and X20 Rockbox firmwares to my site
Is there a much more user-friendly way of adding themes to Rockboxed X3II and X20? Could it be implemented on the next update?

I just got my X3II delivered today, and it doesn't seem to sound good right out of the box, until you install it with your very own modified stock firmware + Rockbox. Sounds a million times better than with stock firmware. The only problem is the customization stuff, as you need to use an ADB command prompt just to install themes, and even then the theme I attempted to install via ADB doesn't appear correctly.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #289 of 534
I'm seriously considering snagging a X3ii.
Can anyone who has one confirm that inline button control works for both wired and BT headsets?

I recently snagged a Benjie T6, which supports 3-button control through my BT headset, but does not support 1-button control through my wired headset.
My hope was to use it as a cyclist, so headset in-line button control is a must (safely skip songs, pause).

I realize BT is not (yet, hopefully) available for X3ii Rockbox, so I was wondering if wired 1 button control would work for Rockbox on the X3ii.

Oct 18, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #290 of 534
I'm seriously considering snagging a X3ii.
Can anyone who has one confirm that inline button control works for both wired and BT headsets?

I recently snagged a Benjie T6, which supports 3-button control through my BT headset, but does not support 1-button control through my wired headset.
My hope was to use it as a cyclist, so headset in-line button control is a must (safely skip songs, pause).

I realize BT is not (yet, hopefully) available for X3ii Rockbox, so I was wondering if wired 1 button control would work for Rockbox on the X3ii.
About in-line button controls, you're in luck with Xduoo X3II. When booted in stock firmware mode (Xvortex's custom firmware is dual-boot; you could select between stock FW and Rockbox at start-up), they work (play/pause button, volume controls, and all), both in wired and Bluetooth headsets, whether if they are single-button or the ones with volume controls. The inline controls, along with Bluetooth, don't work in Rockbox mode.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #291 of 534
About in-line button controls, you're in luck with Xduoo X3II. When booted in stock firmware mode (Xvortex's custom firmware is dual-boot; you could select between stock FW and Rockbox at start-up), they work (play/pause button, volume controls, and all), both in wired and Bluetooth headsets.

Does the stock firmware work for Apple controls, or Android controls? Or both?

That’s really unfortunate Rockbox doesn’t support that. It would not be terribly difficult to detect the control signals and map it to the appropriate function (at a minimum support single button controls, ie pause/play). I wonder if it’s on the feature list for future roadmap?

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #292 of 534
Does the stock firmware work for Apple controls, or Android controls? Or both?

That’s really unfortunate Rockbox doesn’t support that. It would not be terribly difficult to detect the control signals and map it to the appropriate function (at a minimum support single button controls, ie pause/play). I wonder if it’s on the feature list for future roadmap?
I'm not sure for Apple controls, since I don't own any iOS-based device, but the KZ bluetooth cable I used on the X3II (under stock FW mode) has all its inline controls functioning.

Oct 18, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #293 of 534
I'm not sure for Apple controls, since I don't own any iOS-based device, but the KZ bluetooth cable I used on the X3II (under stock FW mode) has all its inline controls functioning.

Ah, ok. I thought you were talking about wired mode via the 3.5mm.

Not many DAPs do wired controls. I forget the technical name for it. Something like CTIA passthrough or some similar nomenclature.

Oct 18, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #294 of 534
Ah, ok. I thought you were talking about wired mode via the 3.5mm.
I don't own any wired headsets that has additional buttons like the volume controls, but the single button on most KZ earphone cables do work; when in stock FW mode, like in Android, when pressed once, they play/pause the track. Press twice, and the track switches to the next one.

Oct 18, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #295 of 534
About in-line button controls, you're in luck with Xduoo X3II. When booted in stock firmware mode (Xvortex's custom firmware is dual-boot; you could select between stock FW and Rockbox at start-up), they work (play/pause button, volume controls, and all), both in wired and Bluetooth headsets, whether if they are single-button or the ones with volume controls. The inline controls, along with Bluetooth, don't work in Rockbox mode.

Many thanks for clarifying! This definitely moves the x3ii to the top of my list.

The X3ii manual mentions it supports CTIA standard, but would need an adapter for OMTP standard.
What is less clear for me is how to determine which standard my headset uses.
Is it safe to assume that CTIA is the norm (does not need to be mentioned), and it would be specified if OMTP?

I have JVC HAFR100X, and I have not found specific details about the 1-button control beyond "iphone, smartphone and tablet compatible".
http://www.us.jvc.com/headphones/in_ear/ha_fr100x/

My Forza Metallo Wireless headset is great, but does encounter significant interference in certain parts of my cycling commute (ie streetcar tracks, no walls, moisture, etc).
It worked relatively well with my 7th gen iPod Nano, but was a nightmare with my Benjie T6 (unbearable distortion, huge delay in response time with inline control).

The ultimate win scenario would be if inline control functionality would work through Rockbox, so fingers crossed.

Further Clarification - Is it possible to backup usage data through Android HibyLink Connection?
My hope would be, on occasion while listening, to add songs to specific playlists (ie Instrumental, Live, etc).
When using Hiby, can you produce m3u or m3u8 files (that you could adjust on a computer)?

This was one of the many reasons why Rockbox kicked ass on my T6 - Very easy to add songs to .m3u files that can be backed up or altered on a computer.
It was very easy to add to favorites list on HIby T6, but you could not customize the list name, nor could you export that list.

Lastly - My understanding is that through Xvortex firmware, the max songs is 30000. Is the native firmware capped at 15000?
If you max out at 30000, does it slow down, or does it still work the same?
With my T6, I have more than 15000 songs. With playlists made in Rockbox (and transferred to root), they work in Hiby, but only for songs that were included in 15000 scan.
T6 Hiby playlists accessed through file browser skip songs that were not included in the 15000 limit.

Oct 18, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #297 of 534
As I said earlier, inline control functionality, along with Bluetooth, doesn't work in Rockbox mode.

My fingers are crossed that a future Rockbox build (or plugin) would allow such functionality.
Based on an older thread (http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=42696.0),
my understanding is that so long as a device supports the functionality, it *should/could* be possible to be ported to Rockbox.
Not sure how easy/tricky this would be, and my assumption is that most current Rockbox development is focused on BT integration.
Still..... one can dream!

Oct 20, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #298 of 534
You can connect with ADB and edit /usr/rockbox -> themes folder.

P.S. added X3ii and X20 Rockbox firmwares to my site
thanks for the hint! I've installed ADB and tested with my phone (works). I suppose that I need to select "ADB start" from the tools menu to get the X20 to show up, but the moment I plug in a USB cable the player jumps from the tools menu right to the USB connection screen of the official firmware, before I have a chance to select "ADB start"... is there some trick to avoiding that?

Oct 20, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #300 of 534
@XVortex : is there a much user-friendly way of installing themes for X3II/X20 Rockbox? Could it be implemented on future updates? Already tried installing some themes via ADB, but they don't appear correctly, it seems. (And yes, I'm attempting to install a 240x320 resolution theme, the same ones used in Sansa Fuze Plus, etc.) Not to mention that installing themes via ADB takes a bit of effort and time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back