NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Feb 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #3,290 of 4,971
as far as the above concern I am finding that the vali is more revealing of the source you have it plugged into. It only smooths it out slightly and boosts it and opens it up a bit. 

it plays it safe and will match well with the above. 

Feb 3, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #3,292 of 4,971
Hello guys, listening to the Vali/Modi combo for some time already, could not believe it made the dt1350 sound fantastic.

I just got a question to people who experienced tube erection problems. After reading here, I just did what most people here did, pushed them back to the board. Unfortunately for me, the adhesive pads just don't like to stick on the board and the tubes will rise again. Well, sound is the same great sound, except for the increased sensitivity of the microphonics... I have to listen to it in a very still manner to avoid it ringing. :)

Oh and is it normal for it to get pretty hot?

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #3,293 of 4,971
I was one of the first purchasers of the Vali, and I haven't had any issues with it until tonight. Couldn't figure out why after 3 minutes of listening I still got ringing and then it clicked. Sure enough, tube erection problem here as well. Was an easy fix for me. 

Oddly enough with the Vali, after I ordered and and started using it, I didn't post much in this thread. It just worked, was very easy, and sounds really incredible. Feel like there just isn't much to discuss 
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #3,294 of 4,971

I just got a question to people who experienced tube erection problems. After reading here, I just did what most people here did, pushed them back to the board. Unfortunately for me, the adhesive pads just don't like to stick on the board and the tubes will rise again.

I think now those with unwelcome erections carefully bend the tube leads so the tubes will lay flatter and not put as much stress on the adhesive, I believe this is standard in the plant now.

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #3,295 of 4,971
  Hello guys, listening to the Vali/Modi combo for some time already, could not believe it made the dt1350 sound fantastic.

I just got a question to people who experienced tube erection problems. After reading here, I just did what most people here did, pushed them back to the board. Unfortunately for me, the adhesive pads just don't like to stick on the board and the tubes will rise again. Well, sound is the same great sound, except for the increased sensitivity of the microphonics... I have to listen to it in a very still manner to avoid it ringing. :)

Mine gets more than warm. My Asgard 2, now that gets hot,
Yours doesn't get so hot that you can't touch it. Right?

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #3,297 of 4,971
  Mine gets more than warm. My Asgard 2, now that gets hot,
Yours doesn't get so hot that you can't touch it. Right?

I can still touch it, but its uncomfortably hot, not burning hot though... Aside from the erections, I like this amp... Will look for a way to lessen the ringing...

What's the serial number on the back of your unit? It's on the sticker next to the power switch.

Feb 3, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #3,299 of 4,971
  It says 000671, so I guess its already the production unit?

So it's not one of the early units. That means the leads of the tubes should be bent near the board so that there shouldn't be any spring force that pulls the tubes way from the board. You might want to email Schitt and see if they can help you.

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #3,300 of 4,971

I keep getting messages about pills to help me keep it up ... where's the anti-Ciallis to help with the Vali ?  I want increased sensitivity with flaccidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back