NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Jan 29, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #3,226 of 4,971
Be careful when ordering off the schiit site.  I ordered a Modi and a Vali last week, received a Modi in a Modi box, and a Magni in the Vali box today.  I e-mailed them and hopefully we can work something out.  I am bit upset, since I sold my last amp and dac, and received my new headphones today, and have nothing to play them on.  I won't use the magni since I am planning to hopefully get that exchanged for the Vali that I ordered.  Also I paid for 2-day shipping which doesn't really help, when I don't have the right product.

Jan 29, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #3,227 of 4,971
  Be careful when ordering off the schiit site.  I ordered a Modi and a Vali last week, received a Modi in a Modi box, and a Magni in the Vali box today.  I e-mailed them and hopefully we can work something out.  I am bit upset, since I sold my last amp and dac, and received my new headphones today, and have nothing to play them on.  I won't use the magni since I am planning to hopefully get that exchanged for the Vali that I ordered.  Also I paid for 2-day shipping which doesn't really help, when I don't have the right product.

That's kindda weird. May be it's poor lighting in the packing room?

Jan 29, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #3,228 of 4,971

I would order confidently. Things happen and every company messes up sometimes. I am sure they will cover all expenses. ask them is there anything they can do to make up for it... free cable or something.

Jan 29, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #3,229 of 4,971
  I would order confidently. Things happen and every company messes up sometimes. I am sure they will cover all expenses. ask them is there anything they can do to make up for it... free cable or something.

I guess we will have to see how they handle it, either way I'm pretty upset, was looking forward to this all day long, ordered new headphones an amp and a dac.  I cannot use the headphones cause I can't use the Magni cause I will hopefully be able to exchange it.  Even if I can exchange it, I might have to pay for shipping, and its going to take a while to get it back to them and get the right product.  That is if they even believe me.  It came in a vali box, with a vali manual, and its a Magni.  I also have a power supply for it, but who knows it if its for a magni or vali.  I have never dealt with this company outside of this one occurrence, hopefully they are able to get this fixed.

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #3,230 of 4,971
  I guess we will have to see how they handle it, either way I'm pretty upset, was looking forward to this all day long, ordered new headphones an amp and a dac.  I cannot use the headphones cause I can't use the Magni cause I will hopefully be able to exchange it.  Even if I can exchange it, I might have to pay for shipping, and its going to take a while to get it back to them and get the right product.  That is if they even believe me.  It came in a vali box, with a vali manual, and its a Magni.  I also have a power supply for it, but who knows it if its for a magni or vali.  I have never dealt with this company outside of this one occurrence, hopefully they are able to get this fixed.

It is the same.

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #3,231 of 4,971

Sorry to hear about that bro. It is extremely rare for anything to go wrong, and when it does, Jason is on top of whatever it is in a big hurry. If nothing else, Schiit has earned a reputation with the folks on Head-Fi of always providing excellent customer service. I can understand why you'd be disappointed. I would be too. If it's any consolation, I think the rest of us who've had nothing but excellent service from Schiit would be the first to tell you how great they are in this respect. Ask anyone in this forum. Truly.

Jan 29, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #3,232 of 4,971
Simple shipping mistake; of course you can exchange it at, I'm sure, no expense to you. And I'm sure there's no issue with you "trying" the Magni while you have it. So chill.

Jan 29, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #3,233 of 4,971
Actually, I'd be surprised if order from the Schiit site is any worse than form anywhere else. AFAIK, they assemble the stuff themselves so this is where every amp is boxed so wherever you order from, it will come from the same place. I'm sure they'll sort you out. Their customer service is pretty good. And hopefully they'll stop trying to pack things blindfolded.

Jan 29, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #3,234 of 4,971
I placed an order for a Vali last Wed. FedEx tracking page showed Tue., 1/28 as the delivery date from the get-go.

Yesterday morning, the page showed "on FedEx truck for delivery." I had brought a 3.5mm to RCA cable so I can at least try the Vali from the computer or phone at work.

Then it started snowing. Y'all probably saw what happened in ATL and most of Southeast US.

FedEx aborted delivery. Guys at the shipping dept. at work told me UPS and FedEx told their drivers to return soon after it started snowing.

But having to wait a couple of more days for the Vali is nothing compared to the commute home last night. I can make it home in 30 min. on a good day, and in an hour in heavy traffic. It took me over 5 hours last night. When I went to bed at 1 a.m., TV news were showing people still stuck in traffic. So compared to them, I was relatively lucky.

Hope everyone made it home safe. All y'all in this neck o' the woods, stay warm!

Jan 29, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #3,235 of 4,971
Another Atlantan here. It took my wife and kids about 8 hours to get home yesterday. There are people who never made it home who are still in their cars since yesterday!! 
eek.gif

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #3,237 of 4,971
I keep reading people struggling between Magni and Vali.  It's like comparing a budget amp (modi) to a TOTL amp (vali).  If ringing is the issue, it's 30 seconds of ringing, which I find charming, than it's musical bliss. 
If hiss because of low impedance or sensitive headphones, just get an impedance adaptor.  Really, the Vali is worth it.  Again, why settle for a budget sounding amp when you can get a TOTL amp for budget price. 

And please something more than a Modi dac.  It just does not do justice. 

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #3,238 of 4,971
  How many inches did y'all Johnny Rebs get?

Probably less than an inch in the NE part of the city, maybe 2-3 inches elsewhere.

Many people (Yanks?) don't understand Atlanta, however:
  • Hills, ... lots of them, everywhere.
  • Temperatures rarely get below freezing.  When they do, the roads stay warmer until the last minute (after sundown), then the wet and slush freezes over hard, into solid ice.
  • People from out of state (Yanks?) who think they know how to drive in snow, but then don't realize it's ice.
Everybody's comparing it to 2011.  I don't think so - reminds me of SnowJam '82.  That was a wild one, too - cars/trucks abandoned all over the Interstate for days and days.  It took my wife about 4 hours to get home from work - 1/4 mile away.  I was lucky and was on foot.

(I promised I wouldn't comment anymore on the subject of the thread.
wink.gif
 )

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #3,239 of 4,971

Probably less than an inch in the NE part of the city, maybe 2-3 inches elsewhere.

Many people (Yanks?) don't understand Atlanta, however:
  • Hills, ... lots of them, everywhere.
  • Temperatures rarely get below freezing.  When they do, the roads stay warmer until the last minute (after sundown), then the wet and slush freezes over hard, into solid ice.
  • People from out of state (Yanks?) who think they know how to drive in snow, but then don't realize it's ice.
Everybody's comparing it to 2011.  I don't think so - reminds me of SnowJam '82.  That was a wild one, too - cars/trucks abandoned all over the Interstate for days and days.  It took my wife about 4 hours to get home from work - 1/4 mile away.  I was lucky and was on foot.

(I promised I wouldn't comment anymore on the subject of the thread.
wink.gif
 )

This Yank knows how to drive on ice, like this morning. I used to have a Mustang GT (8 Cylinder RearWheelDrive) and managed to drive that monster on ice. Meantime the people that live in Buffalo or off the Great Lakes laugh at all of us.

Jan 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #3,240 of 4,971
I placed an order for a Vali last Wed. FedEx tracking page showed Tue., 1/28 as the delivery date from the get-go.

Yesterday morning, the page showed "on FedEx truck for delivery." I had brought a 3.5mm to RCA cable so I can at least try the Vali from the computer or phone at work.

Then it started snowing. Y'all probably saw what happened in ATL and most of Southeast US.

FedEx aborted delivery. Guys at the shipping dept. at work told me UPS and FedEx told their drivers to return soon after it started snowing.

But having to wait a couple of more days for the Vali is nothing compared to the commute home last night. I can make it home in 30 min. on a good day, and in an hour in heavy traffic. It took me over 5 hours last night. When I went to bed at 1 a.m., TV news were showing people still stuck in traffic. So compared to them, I was relatively lucky.

Hope everyone made it home safe. All y'all in this neck o' the woods, stay warm!

Yeah I had to wait two extra days for my Vali/Modi due to fedex's incompetence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back