New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
Apr 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #94 of 644
Quote:
The price was great, now we just need to know how the sound will be.

I'm low on cash to buy a reviewer's unit. Someone else has to take the plunge 
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #96 of 644
If UM won't give me a free pair (lol) I'm still highly likely to go for the custom version anyway, $600 is very reasonable in comparison to the Merlins. 

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #97 of 644
I'm low on cash to buy a reviewer's unit. Someone else has to take the plunge 
biggrin.gif

How much is a reviewers unit?

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #99 of 644
So UM has posted another pix of the triple-DD on Facebook & their website. Pix borrowed from there (and therefore so does credit goes there).

If that is the bass port, it's quite big. I'm wondering what the isolation will be like.

Apr 20, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #100 of 644
So UM has posted another pix of the triple-DD on Facebook & their website. Pix borrowed from there (and therefore so does credit goes there).

If that is the bass port, it's quite big. I'm wondering what the isolation will be like.

and wind noise. though historically merlin was good for bot but this is a very different design :|

Apr 20, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #101 of 644
and wind noise. though historically merlin was good for bot but this is a very different design :|
According to UM on FB, it's no different to any other earphone... ... ... ... ...

Apr 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #103 of 644
From their website:

Update 1: Pre-order will start in early May!    

Update 2: Universal fit version will have clear shells and tips, and customers can choose their own faceplate color & design! This won't cause long waits because making customized faceplates are not time consuming. 

Apr 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #104 of 644
I signed up for email alerts as the site stated that there would be a pre-order discount. I haven't received an email from UM - has anyone else who has signed up?

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #105 of 644
Quote:
I signed up for email alerts as the site stated that there would be a pre-order discount. I haven't received an email from UM - has anyone else who has signed up?

Yes, I did receive one. The email had the following subject: "3DD - by Unique Melody - A preview". It contains no new information. Just try again and see if you receive one. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Update 2: Universal fit version will have clear shells and tips, and customers can choose their own faceplate color & design

Awesome! Nice to know they're still offering customisation for their universals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back