New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
May 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #121 of 644
...I'm not quite ready to take the customs plunge. But universals...

I just had this experience, and i can't encourage you enough: even if I don't have the miracles, but I got UM customs and I will never go back.......while waiting during refit i had universals, asg 1.2, very fun sounding, but so different in wearing comfort. I love the possibility to be in town, anywhere with a lot of social noise....and you can simply listen to piano without turning the volume up to hell.....its just pure bliss!

May 1, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #122 of 644
I'm just wondering what kinda tips would be compatible with the universals?

May 1, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #123 of 644
Quote:
I'm just wondering what kinda tips would be compatible with the universals?

I'll go out on a limb here and say they'll likely be silicone or foam.
etysmile.gif

We're still waiting for that info.

May 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #124 of 644
With the humongous size, I'm concerned about weight and comfort of an universal. 

May 1, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #127 of 644
with the huge vent, I guess that takes custom images on the faceplate outta the question?

May 1, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #129 of 644
Did anyone who subscribed to the newsletter get this offer by email? I received a confirmation that I subscribed, but I haven't received a message announcing the pre-order...

May 1, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #130 of 644
Hm, sorry if I missed this, but when will we have to place our orders by?
Am considering this but am still not sure, and would like some time to think.

The triple dynamic idea seems crazy but intriguing..

May 2, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #131 of 644
Quote:
Hm, sorry if I missed this, but when will we have to place our orders by?
Am considering this but am still not sure, and would like some time to think.

The triple dynamic idea seems crazy but intriguing..

A universal from UM for $399 is awfully tempting....
L3000.gif

May 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #132 of 644
Quote:
Did anyone who subscribed to the newsletter get this offer by email? I received a confirmation that I subscribed, but I haven't received a message announcing the pre-order...

Ditto.  No pre-oder message yet.

The 3DD is a fascinating proposition.  I know there's a triple dynamic driver (universal) available from JVC but haven't heard of any others.

May 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #133 of 644
Quote:
A universal from UM for $399 is awfully tempting....
L3000.gif

I think that's what UM had in mind.... sorry, I don't know what the cut off date is or anything, but you could always email Stephen Guo (or whoever your local rep is) and find out. If anyone does, please post the info here. 

May 2, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #134 of 644
Quote:

I think that's what UM had in mind.... sorry, I don't know what the cut off date is or anything, but you could always email Stephen Guo (or whoever your local rep is) and find out. If anyone does, please post the info here. 

I think the promo is just 1 week. Or maybe they changed that, but that was the initial delay.

May 2, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #135 of 644
How does the order process work with UM? So I got to generate the PDF and it asked me to email Stephen. Am I supposed to see a "pay now" button somewhere?

Edit: nevermind, you just get an email from Stephen telling you to make a payment via paypal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back