New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
Feb 6, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #19 of 644
My point was about the use of multiple drivers in IEMs is not original (as you've pointed out), rather than 'how' it drivers are used.

deadhorse.gif

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #21 of 644
Quote:

Althought that said, we are very serious about the drivers, and we designed them ourselves rather than using off the shelf ones. 

Glad to hear that
looking forward to hear more about the spec and price

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #22 of 644
I'm not talking about mids and treble, but in terms of bass response, I'd love to hear Denon AH-C700 dynamic driver implemented in a CIEM of some description. I just love the bass response of that particular driver (far better than MG6 Pro driver, IMHO, though I know some people will spit their dummy out in response to this).

The AH-C700 dynamic driver has a beautifully crisp, deep, controlled, and natural way of portraying percussion. I don't know how it compares to the Merlin bass driver, as I haven't heard the Merlin (I've only heard/owned the Miracle, which, of course, is entirely BA).

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #25 of 644
Quote:

Althought that said, we are very serious about the drivers, and we designed them ourselves rather than using off the shelf ones. 

The vent system described is much more sophisticated than the simple vent of the merlin. Will the merlin vent be upgraded or will the lower-tier triple-d vent system remain superior?

Feb 10, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #26 of 644
Its awesome that UM is pushing the envelope in terms of what's capable, and I like how they didn't even try a dual DD setup but went all the way to 3 dynamic drivers in a shell.  I wonder if each driver needs a vent or if all three drivers share the same port?

Feb 10, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #27 of 644
Its awesome that UM is pushing the envelope in terms of what's capable, and I like how they didn't even try a dual DD setup but went all the way to 3 dynamic drivers in a shell.  I wonder if each driver needs a vent or if all three drivers share the same port?
That's a good question. I know some CIEMs are solid acrylic others are hollow but I wonder if each driver has its own chamber? If so then you're right each would need its own port.

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #29 of 644
Anyone with any clue on when this might come out? I'm holding back on getting myself customs now to see what this is, but I don't want to be waiting rock of ages either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back