New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Oct 28, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #1,232 of 1,937
Good or good for $100? The latter, yes; the former, not really. It has decent depth but not a whole lot of width.
I defintely have accepted the clarity and detail aren't going to be as good, but I thought the sound stage was supposed to be good with these pper reviews.

I still haven't listened to mine yet.

Oct 28, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #1,233 of 1,937
I used that same combo by taking the core out of the olives or other foamies. Works very well.
Here's what I did to eliminate some low end and add some treble... . I teflon tape around the nozzles to make them thicker... Slapped on some Sony hybrids.:) .... .

Oct 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #1,235 of 1,937
Hey, if the tape works, no need to waste a foamie 
redface.gif
 Cores might be a little more secure though since they have a little rib in them, at least the ones from Olives do.

Quote:
Oh... That makes more sense.... Lol... Thanks bro..

Oct 31, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #1,238 of 1,937
can anybody post comparison between se215 and brainwavz m3??

i have m3 so i was wondering for a comparison

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #1,239 of 1,937
can anybody post comparison between se215 and brainwavz m3??

i have m3 so i was wondering for a comparison

Well, I want to comment on this as I have both (technically speaking...) But....
1. I have the SE215 SPE's...
2. I modded them to use Sony Hybrids, balancing the sound so much better... It not sounds thinner than the M3's, more refined, a more natural presentation... The m3's are a bit more technical... Plus now, after the mod, the M3's sound warmer than my SPE's... I will say this from memory tho... Now my SPE's remind me of the RE-400's cept with more detailed bass presentation... The punchiness and attack of the bass impact on my modded SPE's is more precise and articulate than on my M3's...

But I can only talk from what I have... Hopefully someone can say something about their regular untouched, virgin SE215's...

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #1,240 of 1,937
I'm looking to buy a pair of fairly low priced IEMs for mostly classical music, but would like it to be versatile. Isolation is a must as well since I'll be frequently studying with them. By looking through this thread, seems like these are winners. I can get these for a bit over $70 brand new and authentic, this would probably be the best bang for buck eh?

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #1,243 of 1,937
I think you will find that the 215's have much better isolation than the hf5's. I also find that the over ear design of the Shure's is more secure.

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #1,244 of 1,937
These things isolate, maybe too good. I have only had mine in the ear for maybe 3 min and I can already tell they aren't for me. Time to sell.
Its not the quality of the product, its just iem's in general...they aren't for me. The feeling in the ear...the isolation, if that's what you want, these are the best. I thought that's what I wanted, but outside of air travel, I can't think of a time where I would need these

. Now on to buy some m100's. G

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #1,245 of 1,937
IEMS aren't for everyone, that's true. For us peons who ride the bus though, they are invaluable.

By the way, you can easily find IEMS with poor isolation. Just pick up a dynamic driver like the GR07, RE400 or something. I think the SE215 is a dynamic (iirc) but all Shure IEMS have good isolation I believe. At least the SE series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back