New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Aug 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #1,201 of 1,937
Quote:
Yea the RE400s are also a totally different sound sig from X10 and SE215 so it would be a pretty big risk. Have you heard of the new X7 at all? It made Jude's summer buyer's guide, maybe you should check it out :)

I will, thanks -- didn't know it was THAT good!

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #1,204 of 1,937
If you need the build and replaceable cables, stick with the 215 or save up for the 535. If you are only about sound, check out the Yamaha EPH100.
I quite enjoy SE215, I just wish it would have a bit less bass. I sometimes EQ them to -2/3 dB. Does anybody have any recommendation for similar sound signature, but wit a bit less bass?

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #1,205 of 1,937
Does anybody knows for a cheap replacement cable? I would like it to have light and soft, maybe a bit shorter also (I like hifiman RE400 cable). I have checked ebay, but nothing there. Any info appreciated.

Sep 13, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #1,206 of 1,937
Try the UE900 cable, $25 from the Logitech website under the UE900 support page.
Does anybody knows for a cheap replacement cable? I would like it to have light and soft, maybe a bit shorter also (I like hifiman RE400 cable). I have checked ebay, but nothing there. Any info appreciated.

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #1,208 of 1,937
Yes they are.  Two models available--  black for $15 which does not have the remote/mic control for phones and the blue for $25 which does and works very well with my iphone.    Both cables are shorter and much lighter than the stock 215 cable.

Sep 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #1,211 of 1,937
I just picked up the black UE900 cable for $15. I like the shorter length. The adjustment point for where the cables split L & R, is not as elegant as the stock Shure. It is just a plastic sleeve, but does the job.
The earpiece connections are very snug while still allowing easy rotation. The cord is tighter (crinkly?), not relaxed like the stock cable. But much, much lighter. Too early to judge SQ but so far seems just fine in that regard. If nothing else it is a great alternative cable to have on hand.
You need to mold the stiffer short sections around your ears to keep things secure. Liking it more the more I use it outdoors. Easier to manage.

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #1,212 of 1,937
Yeah, the shorter length is welcome most of the time, but I have to say, the mic on the Shure Blackberry/Android cable was phenomenal. Anyone who needs to take calls in a noisy environment should look at the Shure cable for sure, I was able to ride my bike with the mic behind my neck, and friends could hear me clearly over the phone at 10-20 mph.

I just picked up the black UE900 cable for $15. I like the shorter length. The adjustment point for where the cables split L & R, is not as elegant as the stock Shure. It is just a plastic sleeve, but does the job.
The earpiece connections are very snug while still allowing easy rotation. The cord is tighter (crinkly?), not relaxed like the stock cable. But much, much lighter. Too early to judge SQ but so far seems just fine in that regard. If nothing else it is a great alternative cable to have on hand.
You need to mold the stiffer short sections around your ears to keep things secure. Liking it more the more I use it outdoors. Easier to manage.

Sep 20, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #1,213 of 1,937
  i think mp3 and lossless audio can be differed with these, right..?

It depends on the equipment used other that the IEMs and on you a lot  really. Honestly I can't really tell the difference with Beyer DT880s, let alone these.But it really doesn't bother me as long as the music sounds good

And just a heads up, I purchased these back in late february and used them (almost) every day since I bought them for around 2-3 hours a day and a week ago the left driver simply died, there was an specific degree where sound would come but that was it, it was probably the connector piece going loose inside, so it wasn't the cable but the IEM itself. Luckily the warranty covered it and I got a new pair and noticed it came with different olives, they have a mesh on them unlike the previous one I have with was just a soft plastic tube inside the olive, this one is harder plastic with an actual "grid" at the end. The only other difference I noticed is that the "Shure" written on the chin strap seems smaller and it's a lot easier to slide it around.

Again it was really weird that put of nowhere one IEM stopped working but I would advice taking the cable off at all unless it's really necessary 

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #1,214 of 1,937
i'm from india.. i ordered one today... will receive tomorrow or day after...

i use samsung galaxy s2 and ipod shuffle...

and i use neutron music player which i like, especially the EQ customization...

i also have poweramp music player... but i prefer neutron...

on s2, can i feel the difference between lossless and mp3 with se215...??

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #1,215 of 1,937
  i'm from india.. i ordered one today... will receive tomorrow or day after...

i use samsung galaxy s2 and ipod shuffle...

and i use neutron music player which i like, especially the EQ customization...

i also have poweramp music player... but i prefer neutron...

on s2, can i feel the difference between lossless and mp3 with se215...??

since hearing varies from person to person the only way to tell if for you trying it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back