New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Jan 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #1,066 of 1,937
Either direct from my Nexus S or through my PA2V2. 

They work well either way

Quote:
What's your 215 set-up?  Are you folks using them straight out of the source or amping them?  

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #1,070 of 1,937

Quote:
What's your 215 set-up?  Are you folks using them straight out of the source or amping them?  

I use mine straight out of my Galaxy Nexus or iPod Shuffle.  Haven't plugged into an amp yet and don't plan to.  This is actually my "gym" iems since they are comfortable and isolate really well vs the TF10s.  They are also cheap enough for me to not care if they get destroyed.

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #1,071 of 1,937
Thanks lextek and davidcotton for double checking and letting me know :)

I contacted shure about the situation just to be 100% certain and this was this reps response from the email

Hi Brandon,

The fit kits may be different due to packaging changes. We sell the triple flange sleeves in packs of 3 pairs, the part number for the sleeves alone are EATFL1-6 and cost $9.99 per pack. Unfortunately we do not have additional sleeves to ship out.

Best Regards, Shure Parts Department

Guess I just have to pay the extra for the tips as well lextek

Jan 21, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #1,072 of 1,937

Quote:
Thanks lextek and davidcotton for double checking and letting me know
smily_headphones1.gif

I contacted shure about the situation just to be 100% certain and this was this reps response from the email
Hi Brandon,
The fit kits may be different due to packaging changes. We sell the triple flange sleeves in packs of 3 pairs, the part number for the sleeves alone are EATFL1-6 and cost $9.99 per pack. Unfortunately we do not have additional sleeves to ship out.
Best Regards, Shure Parts Department
Guess I just have to pay the extra for the tips as well lextek

I think I like the "olives" the most. Comfort and good sound.  The flanges seem to have more isolation.

Jan 21, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #1,073 of 1,937
I've been using the olives ones since it feels so soft in ear. Doesn't seem like I can get a perfect seal as the silicone though. But the silicones sort of hurt my ears when i wear it for a long time, which I usually do. Maybe I just need to break in the silicones a little bit more so it becomes softer

I use mine straight out of my Galaxy Nexus or iPod Shuffle.  Haven't plugged into an amp yet and don't plan to.  This is actually my "gym" iems since they are comfortable and isolate really well vs the TF10s.  They are also cheap enough for me to not care if they get destroyed.

Wish I can do that, completely opposite for me. The 215s are at home use only, deciding to buy a pair of m6's for workout only or not. Might as well since they're so cheap and its around the ear as well. Getting sick of the crappy jbuds I bought for working out which always slides out of my ear once I start sweating up a storm.

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #1,074 of 1,937
I just bit the bullet an ordered some Shure SE215, they will be my first decent set of phones, I hope they are worth the money.

Just an FYI, if anyone is in the market for the Shure SE215, Guitar Center has them for $99.99 and 12% off, free shipping.  So $87.99 for these doesn't seem too bad. I had to call them to order because their discount code wasn't working on-line. The code is JAN12 and it expires on the 30th, hope this helps someone.

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #1,075 of 1,937
I feel like the 108 I paid at fry's was a rip... Stupid tax.. really tempted to order another pair and return these back to fry's just to save $20 because I'm cheap as hell like that lol hmmm... :D

After the 3 weeks of daily use though, they do sound different and the bass is more accurate? I guess you can say.. just got my m6 in the mail and used them during my workout today. Pretty bassy iem's.... If it is even proper to classify them as iem's status.

Feb 3, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #1,076 of 1,937
Just tried my 215s out of the iPad2.  Using Home Sharing.  Sounds, very good.  Best $75 I've spent next to my Grado SR-60s 15 or so years ago!

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #1,077 of 1,937
Great to see all of this feedback on these bad boys. I'm a big fan of the Shure SE215's. Great sound, great value, and a customizable fit. I hear you guys on the detachable vs. non-detachable cable issue. I'm happy these are detachable, though I haven't had any problems with them yet.

Feb 4, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #1,078 of 1,937
The cable does seem to have some problems. I have had mine for about 4 months (I think?) now and the right angle connector is cutting out. I attempted to re-terminate it and shorten it at the same time. However, Shure uses the plastic wrapped cables on the inside... I can't get the solder to stick as the plastic around melts and messes up the contact. I may end up either getting just a new cable or trying harder to resolder it cause I am traveling soon and it would be great to bring the isolation that the Shure's offer onto a plane.

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #1,079 of 1,937
Hello everyone,

i am new on this forum and have read this whole post of 72 pages :p and have a few question.

Is the se215 the successor of the se210? (i have read that some people are saying that it is the successor of the se110)

i own a se210 and i like them a lot and was thinking of buying the 215 or the 315. i listen to al kind of music. Is it worth to spend about 80 euro extra for the 315? 

and why are the 215 cheaper than the 210? i bought the 210 for about €160 and its still about the same price, while the se 215 is €99 ?

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #1,080 of 1,937
I believe that the SE215 is a new entry into the Shure line designed to bridge the gap between the SE115 and SE315 series. It uses a dynamic driver (like the SE115) but has the detachable cable (like the SE315). The SE210 has a balanced armature driver which would probably justify the higher price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back