New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
May 10, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #737 of 1,937
Hey guys, could you answer my question? I asked a page or two back, but got no answer... It's about full-sized headphones with similar sound to the SE215, under $100 preferably. Thanks!

May 10, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #738 of 1,937

Quote:
Quote:
SE215 best balance and isolation. Sennheiser will have lots of bass and ok miss and treble and 2nd best isolation. IE2 will have no isolation and will have a similar quality sound as the Senn's. The IE2 is better than he older Bose in ears but not by a whole lot, I have owned both and use them for when I need to hear and at bed time.

I am using the old ver. Of Bose. I dont really care about isolation, i am more worry about which one is more comfortable and stay longer in your ear while running. BTW, CX 6 is out of my list because it does not have iphone control.
Thank you!

I have a pair of the all black ones and some of the black/white cord ones (none are mine dont worry) and they sound pretty bad.  Also the plug kind of broke on one of them too.  And the little ear things would always fall off.  Probably a scheme so you would have to buy more.  

May 10, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #739 of 1,937
May 10, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #740 of 1,937
Hey guys, could you answer my question? I asked a page or two back, but got no answer... It's about full-sized headphones with similar sound to the SE215, under $100 preferably. Thanks!

Sorry I missed your question. I would say bang for the buck the Denon DN700 would be a good choice. I own it and like it alot.

May 10, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #741 of 1,937
May 11, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #742 of 1,937

Quote:
Pretty much indefinitely if you treat them well. They have a kind of slightly waterproof finish which prevents them getting grimy. I only just got the SE215's today, but used the SE210's for 3 years with foam tips, they're literally as good as new.

But don't they wear out? Like I said, foam earplugs loose their "spring" after a couple weeks of continued use. So they're no longer able to be rolled between the fingers and flattened to be inserted into the ear. I figured the samething would happen with these foam tips.

May 11, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #744 of 1,937

Quote:
But don't they wear out? Like I said, foam earplugs loose their "spring" after a couple weeks of continued use. So they're no longer able to be rolled between the fingers and flattened to be inserted into the ear. I figured the samething would happen with these foam tips.

Just compared them. Yeah I suppose they lose a fair bit of firmness. Comparing them side by side, they don't stay flattened very long. And i can imagine the loss of firmness would affect the seal. Here's a visual comparison anyway that i took using my webcam..guess which is new and which is old =D

May 11, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #745 of 1,937
Quote:

Just compared them. Yeah I suppose they lose a fair bit of firmness. Comparing them side by side, they don't stay flattened very long. And i can imagine the loss of firmness would affect the seal. Here's a visual comparison anyway that i took using my webcam..guess which is new and which is old =D

Left new, right old?
tongue_smile.gif

May 11, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #749 of 1,937
I can sell you FMJ chromes if you like them :p I just replaced them with shures for when i'm longboarding. I used the skullcandy mainly because I didn't care about them braking lol. So yeah, the shures are definately better!

Quote:
Hi, what do you think about Skullcandy FMJ Chrome? Are this earphone better or worse than se215?

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 11, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #750 of 1,937

Quote:

Thanks for the information and pictures. I guess if you're still using them though after three or four years then they must be still pretty good. I've been too scared to use mine since I got my Shure's because I didn't want them to wear out. I figured I should leave them until I really need them(if I ever lose the rubber ones, or I'm in an environment that's really noisy). But I'll give them a shot and see how they are.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back