New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Apr 1, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #391 of 1,937
Quick update on the SE215's after leaving them on my iPod all day yesterday. Biggest thing I noticed is the soundstage has opened up a lot and has much more definition. The bass levels have increased quite a bit, considerably more intense than it was when brand new. Still using the medium olives that were on them when delivered, won't likely try different ones till the weekend, previously I always used the small Shure silicone tips, but the SE215's are not going to let me seat them as deeply as I could with my old set. These are not audiophile phones, but certainly great everyday for commuting, working out, etc.

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #393 of 1,937
Quick Note...HOLY @#%^ the tips on these things are hard to get on/off. You guys weren't kidding about that! Had to do the freezer method to get the stock medium olives off and even then it was still kinda tough!

Also, I'm liking these more and more as I continue to listen to them. The sound seems to have just the "right" amount of detail in that I don't find myself missing the high level of micro detail of the CK10's and yet I'm not compelled to try and listen for the details. Instead I'm just enjoying the music. Quite happy so far with my first Shure IEM aside from the crazy tough to remove tips thing...

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #394 of 1,937
Finally got the go ahead to get these D:
Unfourtantly i live in Ireland :/
"accidently" clicked the 1-2 day delivery for an extra 50$
Ohh my bad :/
I hope they're as good as i've been led to believe :D

Apr 1, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #395 of 1,937
Couldn't wait so this morning I tried a couple of different tips. First were the medium silicones that I have used on other buds, but now after using the olives they really sound muffled. So, off with them and on with the large olives. Holly crap, talk about intensifying the bass, would not have believed they were the same phones. However, they quickly got uncomfortable in my ears once the foam had fully expanded. So, back to the mediums. Problem is now I miss the bass which I can only get if I gently press on the phones in my ears. 

Any recommendations for some tips that are in-between the medium and large olives or large but not so much pressure when they expand?

Apr 2, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #397 of 1,937
hhmmm lots of varied opinions of se215 vs S4i.  My expectations are that se215 is better.  Hopefully they meet or exceed my expectations when they arrive.  

If comparing iphone models and s4i turns out to be better, s4i would be the better buy given it is mic ready whereas a separate $50 music adapter is required for the se215

Apr 2, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #398 of 1,937
Quote:
I find that the klipsch had more extension in the midrange and highs compared to the shures.

Hmmm, more extension in the midrange? So where to does the Klipsch's midrange extend more?
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #399 of 1,937
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Shure-SE215-CL-Clear-Sound-Isolating-Earphones-/130503488349?pt=AU_headphone&hash=item1e629d335d

Any chance these can be fake?

Can't find any shop in Australia that sells them :/

Apr 2, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #401 of 1,937
After reading through this whole topic I've decided to pick up a pair of these but i have a few questions.
is it safe to assume these are a lot better that the dr.dre tours? (I assume they are better but by how much?)
has anyone had a comfort issue with these? i consider myself to have regular - large sized ears so i'm sure how these will fit. 
And at this price point ($99 canadian) are these on the better value IEM i can pick up?

Edit: Also has anyone amped their's yet? I have a E5 and was wondering how it would go with it.

Apr 2, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #403 of 1,937

Quote:
After reading through this whole topic I've decided to pick up a pair of these but i have a few questions.
is it safe to assume these are a lot better that the dr.dre tours? (I assume they are better but by how much?)
has anyone had a comfort issue with these? i consider myself to have regular - large sized ears so i'm sure how these will fit. 
And at this price point ($99 canadian) are these on the better value IEM i can pick up?

Edit: Also has anyone amped their's yet? I have a E5 and was wondering how it would go with it.

I can honestly say that these are probably the best you can get at this price point. Much better than tours

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Apr 2, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #404 of 1,937

Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Shure-SE215-CL-Clear-Sound-Isolating-Earphones-/130503488349?pt=AU_headphone&hash=item1e629d335d

Any chance these can be fake?

Can't find any shop in Australia that sells them :/

I've got mine from earphonesolution.com, it cost me AU$125, well, it $10 more, but, it ship faster and more reliable. 

Apr 2, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #405 of 1,937

Quote:
Quick Note...HOLY @#%^ the tips on these things are hard to get on/off. You guys weren't kidding about that! Had to do the freezer method to get the stock medium olives off and even then it was still kinda tough!

Also, I'm liking these more and more as I continue to listen to them. The sound seems to have just the "right" amount of detail in that I don't find myself missing the high level of micro detail of the CK10's and yet I'm not compelled to try and listen for the details. Instead I'm just enjoying the music. Quite happy so far with my first Shure IEM aside from the crazy tough to remove tips thing...

That's what I find as well.  My W4's are sitting in their case.  The 215's are well rounded, detailed enough and just plain fun to listen with.  Notice I said listen "with"?  Sometimes, (with my W4's and HD600's) I find myself listening to the presentation more than the music, with the 215's I listen to the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back