New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Oct 31, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #1,412 of 1,937
The GR07 is a balanced headphone. In comparison to other headphones with a warm signature, the SE215s has a little less bass. That is unless you're talking about the GR07 BE, which I'm not familiar with. 

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #1,413 of 1,937
do u have 215's?
if yes what other phones u have to give such a statement.

The bass on 215 is short of basshead standards but its very much more than gr07,infact much more bleeding into the mids.

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #1,414 of 1,937
do u have 215's?
if yes what other phones u have to give such a statement.

The bass on 215 is short of basshead standards but its very much more than gr07,infact much more bleeding into the mids.

Shrugs* I've never heard the GR07 BE. I do think you misunderstood me. It's quite obvious that it has more bass than the GR07 classic, but I don't think the bass is as strong as you're making it out to be.

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #1,415 of 1,937
Its very strong mate,believe me it beats pro coppers which are not bass shy at all.

But each person hears differently so no argument here.

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #1,417 of 1,937
Its very strong mate,believe me it beats pro coppers which are not bass shy at all.

But each person hears differently so no argument here.

Yeah, it might have something to do with me owning some very bass-y IEMs, despite the fact that I'm not a huge fan of bass. Once you've heard Grain Audio's IEHP, every other IEM's bass sounds subdued. haha

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #1,418 of 1,937
Yes we are both talking in relative terms here.

But the dude above clearly has a faulty pair or is not getting proper seal.

Nov 27, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #1,423 of 1,937
I have Audio Technica CKM500 and I am mainly listening electronic music, I like bass, but not extra fake bloaty bass. My friend recommend me SE215 but I don't have a chance to test it before buying.

Long story short, is this one would be a good choice to listen this kind of music? 

Nov 29, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #1,424 of 1,937
I'm listening to one of these now that I just repaired.  I can see hear why you guys love this little earphone.  dat bass

Electronic?  It is fine, I guess, a better upper midrange and treble would help.  I think this one goes for $100?  I would recommend looking into the Hifiman RE400.

I miss my Triple.fi 10 again now.  =\

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #1,425 of 1,937
I just purchased 11 pairs...well 10 pairs of regular 215 and 1 pair of 215 Special edition.  The 10 pairs are for gifts for employees and the special editions are for me :p

I have to say the mighty little 215 is an outstanding value.  It does not have the midrange (535 LTD, 846) or bass (in the case of the 846) of it's bigger siblings but it is incredibly hard to fault for the price.  So much so that I bought them for others.  I think folks would be hard pressed to find a better value for anywhere close to the price of these little gems.  

One final note, I swapped the stock cable for both a copper litz and a silver litz cable running balanced into my AK240 and it scales up beautifully.  Same is true when plugged into my HUGO.  For folks running this out of a smartphone, know you can achieve more out of this IEM with better recordings, source/DAC and amplification.  It is pretty jaw dropping to be honest how much this little IEM can scale up.

Anyway, these will be my running IEMs.  I think the polite and fun signature works well for my intended use.  I just hope my team will also appreciate them...I am fortunate to work with many music lovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back