New set of cans < $60?
May 15, 2011 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

rrocketss

New Head-Fier
*I realize there's a whole thread for this, but I posted over there without response, and considering the overpopulation of posts without answers, I don't think I'm going to get one, haha.*

Hey!

I've been looking for great < $60 headphones and What.CD sent me here. I'd pay more, but my parents think that if I buy an expensive pair they could get destroyed by my rabid sisters or my dog and it would be devastating to replace them, haha. Specifically, I'm looking for:

Price Range: $0-$60 (not much more, please)
Genres: Jazz, hip-hop, classical, indie rock
Type: Circumaural
Audio Filetypes: FLAC and V0
Audio Sorce: My Hard Drive, and occasionally my iPhone
Durability: Not required - don't plan on taking these out of the house too much
Headphones I've been considering: Sennheiser HD 515's, 428's, and KOSS Pro3aa

Please let me know what you think of the headphones I'm considering and let me know if there's any others you'd recommend. I really want to be able to hear that extra something in my FLACs. :)

May 15, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 26
you should also consider the Superlux headphones. they get rave reviews for their price.

here's one model:
http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-681-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B002GHIPYI

May 15, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #4 of 26
Do yourself a favor and spend the $10-15 for a pair of KSC75... just... trust me.

May 15, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #5 of 26

Quote:
Do yourself a favor and spend the $10-15 for a pair of KSC75... just... trust me.

x100. Trust us and DO IT!

KSC-75 easily beats many headphones under $100, and easily holds its own against the best of the budget headphones in the $30~60 range... except its freaking $13 on ebay.  Come on now.

And don't be worried that they're clip-ons.  They're very comfortable.

May 15, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #7 of 26
Do you forreal think they're better than the Senn's I was looking at?!

Quote:
x100. Trust us and DO IT!

KSC-75 easily beats many headphones under $100, and easily holds its own against the best of the budget headphones in the $30~60 range... except its freaking $13 on ebay.  Come on now.

And don't be worried that they're clip-ons.  They're very comfortable.

May 15, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #8 of 26
The KSC75 to me is better than even some $200 I've tried. Not technically, but I love their sound signature so much, that I kept coming back to them. It's the easiest $15 you'll ever spend, and trust me when I say that their comfort (after you get used to the clip on) is 11/10. It's like you're wearing nothing at all.

They're a consistent fave, and why I still own them even though I own headphones that cost 40x the price or more. No kidding.

May 15, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #9 of 26
Really? I'll have to check them out, then. I'm looking for a circumaural though at the moment; do you have any experience with the ones I mentioned/good circumaural's for my price range?

Quote:
The KSC75 to me is better than even some $200 I've tried. Not technically, but I love their sound signature so much, that I kept coming back to them. It's the easiest $15 you'll ever spend, and trust me when I say that their comfort (after you get used to the clip on) is 11/10. It's like you're wearing nothing at all.

They're a consistent fave, and why I still own them even though I own headphones that cost 40x the price or more. No kidding.

May 15, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #11 of 26
You might wanna look into the Creative Aurvana Live (which you may score just about $65 if you're lucky). They're competent well rounders using the same drivers as the Denon D1001. They may be hard to find, let alone at that price however.

May 15, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #12 of 26
Yeah...I think I'll just stick with the Senn HD428's. Thanks for your help! :)

Quote:
You might wanna look into the Creative Aurvana Live (which you may score just about $65 if you're lucky). They're competent well rounders using the same drivers as the Denon D1001. They may be hard to find, let alone at that price however.

May 15, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #13 of 26

Quote:

well, i think you've sold me on the KSC75s. i'm ordering a pair from Amazon. i just have to hear them myself.

May 15, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #15 of 26
Also, since you seem to know what you're talking about, could you recommend me a good amp for < $30? All the good ones seem to be > $200. :frowning2:

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back