1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New set of cans < $60?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by rrocketss, May 15, 2011.
Next

Last
  1. rrocketss
    *I realize there's a whole thread for this, but I posted over there without response, and considering the overpopulation of posts without answers, I don't think I'm going to get one, haha.*

Hey!

I've been looking for great < $60 headphones and What.CD sent me here. I'd pay more, but my parents think that if I buy an expensive pair they could get destroyed by my rabid sisters or my dog and it would be devastating to replace them, haha. Specifically, I'm looking for:

Price Range: $0-$60 (not much more, please)
    Genres: Jazz, hip-hop, classical, indie rock
    Type: Circumaural
    Audio Filetypes: FLAC and V0
    Audio Sorce: My Hard Drive, and occasionally my iPhone
    Durability: Not required - don't plan on taking these out of the house too much
    Headphones I've been considering: Sennheiser HD 515's, 428's, and KOSS Pro3aa

Please let me know what you think of the headphones I'm considering and let me know if there's any others you'd recommend. I really want to be able to hear that extra something in my FLACs. :)

2. rrocketss
    Bump.

3. peskypesky
    you should also consider the Superlux headphones. they get rave reviews for their price.

here's one model:
    http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-681-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B002GHIPYI

4. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    Do yourself a favor and spend the $10-15 for a pair of KSC75... just... trust me.

5. Hayang

Quote:

x100. Trust us and DO IT!

KSC-75 easily beats many headphones under $100, and easily holds its own against the best of the budget headphones in the $30~60 range... except its freaking $13 on ebay.  Come on now.

And don't be worried that they're clip-ons.  They're very comfortable.

6. Graphicism Contributor
    JVC RX700 ($35) are a solid performer if you don't mind the hefty size of them.

7. rrocketss
    Do you forreal think they're better than the Senn's I was looking at?!

Quote:

8. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    The KSC75 to me is better than even some $200 I've tried. Not technically, but I love their sound signature so much, that I kept coming back to them. It's the easiest $15 you'll ever spend, and trust me when I say that their comfort (after you get used to the clip on) is 11/10. It's like you're wearing nothing at all.

They're a consistent fave, and why I still own them even though I own headphones that cost 40x the price or more. No kidding.

9. rrocketss
    Really? I'll have to check them out, then. I'm looking for a circumaural though at the moment; do you have any experience with the ones I mentioned/good circumaural's for my price range?

Quote:

10. rrocketss
    Size doesn't matter - do you have a pair/know how they rank up against the ones I listed?

Quote:

11. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    You might wanna look into the Creative Aurvana Live (which you may score just about $65 if you're lucky). They're competent well rounders using the same drivers as the Denon D1001. They may be hard to find, let alone at that price however.

12. rrocketss
    Yeah...I think I'll just stick with the Senn HD428's. Thanks for your help! :)

Quote:

13. peskypesky

Quote:

well, i think you've sold me on the KSC75s. i'm ordering a pair from Amazon. i just have to hear them myself.

14. rrocketss
    Let me know how it goes; they're going to be my next purchase after the HD 428's.

Quote:

15. rrocketss
    Also, since you seem to know what you're talking about, could you recommend me a good amp for < $30? All the good ones seem to be > $200. :frowning2:

Quote:

Next

Last