NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?
Mar 29, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #91 of 714
Susvara is a lot better than hekv2 with proper amp, I’m 100% sure on that, but you probably need a good poweramp( those for speakers) if you want to limit your budget around 2k. If you want a headphone amp that can drive and fit Susvara, I’d say at least 4k, I haven’t seen any headphone amp that under 4k that can make Susvara sounds close to what it should be(like with Hifiman efk).
In terms of your question on hek vs aiva, I do agree with mixman mostly. In direct A/B comparison of aiva and hexv2, I found aiva has more clean feel, the details are not necessary more. Aiva is able to give a more clean and instant response than hexv2 in almost any frequency.
Now compare hekv2 with aiva, not a straight comparison, I sold hekv2 before I received aiva demo, I borrowed one hekv2 in order to compare with aiva, but I received hekv2 one day after I sent aiva demo to feilong for measurements lol.
Hekv2 is more relaxing, laidback. Aiva is more fun in comparison. Hekv2 has better resolution, the details are not necessarily more on hekv2, but it is more clear. Aiva has slightly more and faster bass, hekv2 is softer and gentle(actually hekv2 is the only “soft bass” that I like). Mid on hekv2 is more foward, but I find aiva’s mid is somehow sweeter, and on my cayin ha300, aiva’s mid is not recessed by any means. I was quite shocked by many others complained aiva’s mid after my first impressions on ha300. But when I switched to some other amp and dac, I understood why people saying that.
I will upload my full review on aiva later today. I tried many dac+amp combos and invited some of my friends to try them. I did spend lots of time on preparing for this review, but there are still something that they attract me a lot but I don’t know how to describe.
Thanks for that, so which one is clearer? I dont quite get u. And it seems like the sound signature are similar to Arya, also is faster than hekv2 which i like alot.
I didn't hear a whole lot of songs on the Aiya but from what I heard I would say it may not be far from the resolution of the Ananda and HEX, but it's not up there with an HEK. Since you own the HEK, buying a Susvara may not really the problem, because they are heavily discounted, but it's getting the right amp to power them adequately, is the problem.
Emmm, maybe i should just keep my Arya as i dont want to invest more after i got the 789.
Cheers

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #92 of 714
Thanks for that, so which one is clearer? I dont quite get u. And it seems like the sound signature are similar to Arya, also is faster than hekv2 which i like alot.

Emmm, maybe i should just keep my Arya as i dont want to invest more after i got the 789.
Cheers
I haven’t heard Arya before, so I can’t tell.
Clarity: Hek>aiva>hex. If hek get 10 in clarity, aiva will get 8, hex will be 7. The gap between aiva and hex is not as significant as the gap between hek and aiva.

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #93 of 714
I haven’t heard Arya before, so I can’t tell.
Clarity: Hek>aiva>hex. If hek get 10 in clarity, aiva will get 8, hex will be 7. The gap between aiva and hex is not as significant as the gap between hek and aiva.
I see. Another thing is i couldn't find anywhere to get them. I tired to buy them from China but all the dealer told me they are out of production and i couldnt find their website(if they have any). All i was able to find is their social media account and a used pair that sells for higher than msrp. Makes me kind of worry about warranty support as it seems like somekind of diy product to me.

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #94 of 714
I see. Another thing is i couldn't find anywhere to get them. I tired to buy them from China but all the dealer told me they are out of production and i couldnt find their website(if they have any). All i was able to find is their social media account and a used pair that sells for higher than msrp. Makes me kind of worry about warranty support as it seems like somekind of diy product to me.
I know Musicteck is the US dealer of Sendy, and they just recently restocked. And it seems sendy doesn’t have their own web yet. As far as I know, they need 7 days to produce one Aiva, and they are quite popular right now in China and Japan so lots of dealers will run out of stock soon. I talked with their owner on Weibo( sorta like a Twitter, and lots of new Chinese businesses release their info through this channel instead of building their own website), I think you can do in that way as well.

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #95 of 714
i've never heard of this headphone until i came across this thread. i then read that z mentioned them so i just went to his channel and there is a review.
watched it and i must say, people need to take what he says lightly. he is after all giving only his opinion and impression. I personally think they look ugly. and i'd never drop 500$ usd on headphones from a brand ive never seen or heard of until now, and im sceptical about their planar design.
since they're a small manufacturer and i doubt you can find them on amazon or any other major hifi site or store. you'd probably have to order from them directly which having stated the above, i wouldn't do either.

Having said that, I do like the cable design, the pads look interesting. the case is super ugly and looks like they're ripping off mrspeakers. although they prob getting from the same place in china.

Idk id still rather go with Audeze or hifiman. i've tried Mrspeakers AeonClosed/Open and they were good but i still prefer audeze or hifimans sound.

Mar 29, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #97 of 714
Mar 29, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #98 of 714
i've never heard of this headphone until i came across this thread. i then read that z mentioned them so i just went to his channel and there is a review.
watched it and i must say, people need to take what he says lightly. he is after all giving only his opinion and impression. I personally think they look ugly. and i'd never drop 500$ usd on headphones from a brand ive never seen or heard of until now, and im sceptical about their planar design.
since they're a small manufacturer and i doubt you can find them on amazon or any other major hifi site or store. you'd probably have to order from them directly which having stated the above, i wouldn't do either.

Having said that, I do like the cable design, the pads look interesting. the case is super ugly and looks like they're ripping off mrspeakers. although they prob getting from the same place in china.

Idk id still rather go with Audeze or hifiman. i've tried Mrspeakers AeonClosed/Open and they were good but i still prefer audeze or hifimans sound.
What about the opinions of others in this thread who purchased the headphones simply because they were impressed with the way these headphones sounded when demo-ed in canjam? Or people who want to try headphones other than the normal 'mainstream' brands? Do their opinions not matter?

I dont like the idea of 'sh1tting' on a pair of headphones that you havent heard/auditioned of simply because they are manufactured by small companies. Using the same mentality, MrSpeakers or ZMF for example would not have become what they are today if no one were supporting their T50 mods when they first arrived to the scene.

Also, there's not much that you can diverge from when it comes to designing a headphone case. Both sides of the earpads are touching each other similar to the Aeons, obviously the design of the case will look very similar since the headphones are fit perfectly into the case without much room for other stuffs.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #100 of 714
Just saw these over at AliExpress...:money_mouth:
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32976178655.html
Look away if you're Aussie...yikessssss! :sweat_smile:

My heart dropped when they changed the price from $599 to $999 two days ago. I had been waiting over a week to be able to buy the headphone and was just a few hours too late. Bye-bye to free shipping and 0 customs fees (because, China). Or so I thought -- turns out a lot of stores are willing to declare a lower value if you ask. Shipping was still $50 extra, though.

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #102 of 714
mother****, I couldn't help myself this time. These will probably end up being redundant for my current headphones but I couldn't help it.
Haha yeah I had been wanting to buy a headphone the last week and had been checking the for sale forums a lot. I was hoping to buy a used HD650, 6xx or even a DT1990 but once the hype train rolled through on these I couldn't resist. So instead of spending $200-400 used I end up spending 6 on a brand new headphone from an unknown Chinese company that makes hand made headphones haha.

Mar 30, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #104 of 714
Is it really this good? I guess I heard it,if my memory is correct, in Canjam with Hiby R6 pro. I actually went there to check out the DAP. I was not very impressed with the combo however I went to listen to this combo after hearing Empyrean and Susvara out of Headamp Mx2 mini and Cyin 300B.
But still I liked Fiio M9 and Zmf Auteur combo more then R6 pro and Sendy HP. I am not sure what was the bottleneck. Going by the hype may be R6pro was the weaker link? I thought it may be the HP and I even asked if they have something else to pair with but all other HP were occupied except these. I think those were Aiva only. Anyone else heard them at Hiby R6 pro.
But with Hiby R6 pro these HP didn’t make the cut in Canjam for me.
However don’t take my comment seriously as I was really tired at the end of the day. I had long and very loud listening with VOCE, EMPYREAN AND SUSVARA just before trying these and since I had no idea about Sendy so I was not paying that much attention only thing it didn’t wow me and asked for my attention then and there.

Mar 30, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #105 of 714
Thanks Drummer for the review. For others who have tried this headphone i would like to know how you feel compared to some key important headphones.

How does it compared to Mrspeakers Aeon and Ether line; Hifiman Arya. as for the dynamics; how does it compared to Focal Clear or ZMF aeolus.

the large drop in upper mid frequency, is it that noticeable?

Build quality wise, how far from other Wood headphones like ZMF like of headphones. To me, they seem to be the pinnacle of quality. Regarding metal cup headphones like the various Focals, which seem to be the pinnacle for me. Lastly, how much better are they from questionable build quality headphones like what Hifiman puts out.

Thanks, .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back