NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?
Aug 11, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #436 of 714
The Aiva is a joy to listen to and is a keeper in my small collection.

Another key part to a new to the market product is customer service. My adapter cord developed a short in it. I contacted Musicteck and almost immediately a gentleman named Andrew got back to me to set up the exchange. The follow up emails and tracking information were quick and business like.

It is great when a new headphone maker like Sendy comes into the market with an outstanding product and a very high level of customer service to back it up.

Well done Sendy!

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #437 of 714

Another key part to a new to the market product is customer service. My adapter cord developed a short in it. I contacted Musicteck and almost immediately a gentleman named Andrew got back to me to set up the exchange. The follow up emails and tracking information were quick and business like.

It is great when a new headphone maker like Sendy comes into the market with an outstanding product and a very high level of customer service to back it up.

Well done Sendy!
Good to know thanks for sharing! I think a lot of people were wary of how such a situation would play out.

Aug 14, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #438 of 714

Well done Sendy!

I've had many headphones and IEMs over the years from lower-tier to high-end and the Aiva is one of my all-time favorites.

I listen to quite a bit of electronic music and the Aiva sounds great with pretty much all of it. To me the highs are what give them a special sound because they have almost an electrostatic feel to them that I haven't heard from other planar's in the under $1000 range.

I also think the soundstage is better than some might think. Even though they don't have a very wide sound they do have very nice depth and good height, along with good imaging and even better separation.

Aug 14, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #439 of 714
I wonder how the Quad Era-1 compared to the AIVA sounds?
Has the two compared here already someone?

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #440 of 714
I just ended up selling my Aivas, they just didn’t sound right to me in the midrange and the bass was too stuffy. For people who have upgraded, where have you gone? I’ve tried many of the other popular higher end headphones such as Mr Speakers Ether line, the Beyer T1, Audeze LCD-X, etc and none of them have really done it for me. The HD800 is close but they still sound a little too thick and midrange-recessed; the Utopia is also pretty close but their upper midrange sounds weird to me too.

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #441 of 714
I just ended up selling my Aivas, they just didn’t sound right to me in the midrange and the bass was too stuffy. For people who have upgraded, where have you gone? I’ve tried many of the other popular higher end headphones such as Mr Speakers Ether line, the Beyer T1, Audeze LCD-X, etc and none of them have really done it for me. The HD800 is close but they still sound a little too thick and midrange-recessed; the Utopia is also pretty close but their upper midrange sounds weird to me too.

Are you coming from speakers reference points ? Or what makes u think hd800 and Aiva has recessed mid

Aug 16, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #442 of 714
Are you coming from speakers reference points ? Or what makes u think hd800 and Aiva has recessed mid

No, I look from a variety of difference transducers and compare the differences. I don’t have a specific reference because I haven’t heard anything I’d actually consider “neutral” but I guess a comparison point is that I think the Harman curve is way, way too colored.

The HD800 has a dipped midrange past 1kHz. It sounds like it was intentional to create a “bigger” sound. Tyll’s measurements even show that there is a hump between 70-1000Hz on the HD800:
Bs13LmE

I’m pretty new to the forums but I haven’t seen many people who seem reliable to claim differently.

I haven’t seen any reliable measurements for the Aiva so I can’t give the same data but I heard both a midrange recession and what I want to say is ringing.

Aug 20, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #443 of 714
P_20190820_182114_vHDR_On~2.jpg
P_20190820_182036_vHDR_On~2.jpg
Just put on the Brainwavz hybrid angled pads this past weekend. Quick impressions, bass hits harder and soundstage feels little wider. I'll listen more this week and get back with further impressions. But I think changing pads do benefit the Aivas.

Aug 20, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #444 of 714
I've had many headphones and IEMs over the years from lower-tier to high-end and the Aiva is one of my all-time favorites.

I listen to quite a bit of electronic music and the Aiva sounds great with pretty much all of it. To me the highs are what give them a special sound because they have almost an electrostatic feel to them that I haven't heard from other planar's in the under $1000 range.

I also think the soundstage is better than some might think. Even though they don't have a very wide sound they do have very nice depth and good height, along with good imaging and even better separation.

Do you think it's better than LCD2C ?

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #446 of 714
I'm thinking of getting some Brainwavz pads but I was wondering how to remove the stock ones. I've tried to pull them off but I feel like I'm going to damage them, is there a trick to getting them off or do you just pull them off?

Aug 21, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #448 of 714
Does pad swap fix the soundstage? And which is best pads to get?

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #449 of 714
Just pull them off, they fit on a groove, is easy.

Ok, I was afraid to pull to hard and maybe rip them but after pulling a little harder they came off easily.

I've seen people say that the Brainwavz angled pads do help add some staging width which is great and one of the reasons I want to try them, but I hope it doesn't mess with the depth or height because they already sound really good.

I wonder if Dekoni is working on making pads for the Aiva? I love my LCD velour pads and the Elear pads I got.

Aug 22, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #450 of 714
Ok, I was afraid to pull to hard and maybe rip them but after pulling a little harder they came off easily.

I've seen people say that the Brainwavz angled pads do help add some staging width which is great and one of the reasons I want to try them, but I hope it doesn't mess with the depth or height because they already sound really good.

I wonder if Dekoni is working on making pads for the Aiva? I love my LCD velour pads and the Elear pads I got.
Let us know what you hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back