NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?
Feb 18, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #16 of 714
So for the price you feel they compete?
Yeah at $600 they're definitely competitive. The build quality of these is superb.

Feb 19, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #17 of 714
Feb 19, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #18 of 714
Actually Z put me onto these HP’s at Can Jam. He said they are his daily driver hp’s. They are pretty good for the price. Feels more like luxury than anything in it’s price range. The only things are it has a relatively small soundstage and while it had a good amount of midbass it was little bloated. But as far as accuracy, I would say it has the Sundara beat......and that used to be a $500 hp.
Gonna copypaste my impressions from the CanJam2019 thread:

Sendiy was demoing their planar headphones and IEMs. The planar has a wood housing and seems pretty well made. The earpads are made of breathable materials and are soft to the touch. I tried them with an SP1000 and thought they sound good. Not quite there with the big dogs (LCD2, Ananda, Alpha) yet but good enough for a company's first attempt. Their IEM carries a similar sound signature, throwing a reasonably big soundstage out in the air. I went thru 4 unfamiliar tracks on these and still enjoyed it. These are quite musical indeed.

So what's the general sound signature? Warm (due to the midbass bloat) or bright V-shaped like Fostex? I'm confused.

Edit: Oh wait. Missed this:
They are comparing it to the HE1000 v2 in sound. Some user felt it was bright but the airiness the headphone brought created an outstanding synergistic, analytical experience. The tuning is supposedly very accurate tonally, with good timbre. It will be interesting to see the Frequency graphs! It was also felt that the headphones sound was very similar to an estat such as a STAX.

Seems it's on the bright side with a large mid-bass? Sounds like a more mainstream tuning.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #21 of 714
Zeos just uploaded Camjam impressions and he talks about the Sendy Aiva at 15:47. He gave them the Best of Show for Canjam NYC 2019.

Zeos flops back and forth with what he thinks sounds good what doesn't. In between his incoherent ramblings he might mention a couple words about the sound of the headphone. Although these headphones look really promising I wouldn't base your purchase on anything that Zeos says.

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #22 of 714
Zeos flops back and forth with what he thinks sounds good what doesn't. In between his incoherent ramblings he might mention a couple words about the sound of the headphone. Although these headphones look really promising I wouldn't base your purchase on anything that Zeos says.

I’ve never bought a headphone because of him and tbh I don’t watch his videos. Someone else linked this in discord and I posted it. I think it makes for good discussion and to post news about the headphone to grow the thread

Feb 27, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #23 of 714
Feb 27, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #25 of 714
I'm just curious about the wooden cups because some M1060s and LCD's had wood cup cracking issues.

On Porta-Fi's report, he writes, "Addressing the concerns of wooden housing cracking, Mr. Wang shared that in order to ensure the quality of solid wood for use throughout its lifetime, the wooden housing is treated using a unique oil formula which they developed in-house. The housing is treated for three times with each process involving 48 hours of immersion and 24 hours of drying."

Time and climate will really tell in the long run.

Feb 28, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #26 of 714
On Porta-Fi's report, he writes, "Addressing the concerns of wooden housing cracking, Mr. Wang shared that in order to ensure the quality of solid wood for use throughout its lifetime, the wooden housing is treated using a unique oil formula which they developed in-house. The housing is treated for three times with each process involving 48 hours of immersion and 24 hours of drying."

Time and climate will really tell in the long run.
That's the problem. If they made the housing using black sturdy plastic like in LCD-2Cs, it would be lighter, even cheaper and increase longevity.

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #27 of 714
So what's the general sound signature? Warm (due to the midbass bloat) or bright V-shaped like Fostex? I'm confused.

Edit: Oh wait. Missed this:

Seems it's on the bright side with a large mid-bass? Sounds like a more mainstream tuning.

To put how I feel about these in a nutshell........I would say these sound like a more lively, sort of V shaped Sundara. I do wish the pads were larger though.

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #29 of 714
How is the build quality?
is it good in bass like LCD-2C or LCD-X?

Good, but not the same build quality as the LCD's.They are a cool, well built, fun HP. I would still prefer an Elex or used LCD 2C (If you can stand the weight), but if you want something compact and good sounding these will fit the bill, but to be realistic, these do not remind me of a $1,500 HP. As a matter of fact, I asked them if they are coming out with a higher end HP and they said they intend to. Now, that I would be more interested in.

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #30 of 714
Good, but not the same build quality as the LCD's.They are a cool, well built, fun HP. I would still prefer an Elex or used LCD 2C (If you can stand the weight), but if you want something compact and good sounding these will fit the bill, but to be realistic, these do not remind me of a $1,500 HP. As a matter of fact, I asked them if they are coming out with a higher end HP and they said they intend to. Now, that I would be more interested in.

Did you find them to be too sharp up top at all, particularly 6 kHz on up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back