New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 4, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #7,936 of 9,484
  Not to mention that this sort of hyperbolic praise does nothing more than undermine the credibility of those who objectively assess the Yggdrasil as a great DAC.

Very true...it does nobody any favours, and too much only leads to the inevitable future backlash against the product.  In the case of the Yggdrasil, I am prepared to believe it is indeed a fine DAC, maybe even a game-changer, but that's based on level-headed impressions from people such as yourself and Negura.  Quite frankly - excited, breathless hyperbole spouted by some others is more likely to turn me off a product than encourage me to try it out.

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #7,937 of 9,484
Lojay have you done any comparison between your MSB Analog and Schiit Yggdrasil yet?

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #7,938 of 9,484
I am one of the long term Rag/Yggy admirer but haven't press the button mainly because there isn't a demo available in my city (Hong Kong), and the refund service from Schiit is hardly feasible given the two-way shipping cost will exceed US$300 per items, so here I am, reading all the reports (and battles with Chord) for a year and still hesitated.

For goodness sake, someone pulled the plug and purchased a Rag/Yggy combo without audition, so we beg for a party to let more people get to hear the gigantic combo, so here we are, a Ragnarok and Yggdrasil party at the heart of a Hong Kong CBD office in last Saturday. We are so excited that we drag our own headfi system to compare with the Ragnarok on-site.

We have started a post discussion thread on this party, but since all the writings were in Chinese, so probably only the pictures means something to you all, check this out if you are interested to see how we embraced the big Schiit of all time.

http://www.post76.com/x2/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=216454&extra=page%3D1

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 4, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #7,939 of 9,484
Hope you enjoy high end crap.

I hate all Chord hype that pop up everywhere and in every thread.

But I see you like all Yggdrasil hype instead :cool:   

haha touche!

Actually no, I am dissapointed it took 2weeks for my yggy to reach the "unobtanium" level and only after could I not fault it.
:l
And I would be just as happy with the Lampy4 really(!)
Didnt wanna admit that because its too close to call..
The truth is you have to hear for yourself, but probabaly the best advise is to NOT listen to anything beyond your budget,
so you will stay happy with what you have! Lol

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #7,940 of 9,484
Its not hyperbol to say yggy is at the top with a few other top dacs.
I would say withing the top 10 easy regardless of price.

If I dont like Chord thats my own perogative, two different topics too much for you guys to place in same post?
To bad.
chord will alwasy be just like many other dac, way overpriced for the parts they have, regardless of whatever technology is squeeze in.

Anyways thats too general a statement so basically dont take anything I say about chord because I am already biased against overpriced gear.
but take what I say about yggy becauase I own and tell it like it is.
:p

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #7,941 of 9,484
haha touche!

Actually no, I am dissapointed it took 2weeks for my yggy to reach the "unobtanium" level and only after could I not fault it.
:l
And I would be just as happy with the Lampy4 really(!)
Didnt wanna admit that because its too close to call..
The truth is you have to hear for yourself, but probabaly the best advise is to NOT listen to anything beyond your budget,
so you will stay happy with what you have! Lol

So true!!

In most cases in the audio world the more $$ for a component typically is somewhat  related in the higher performance. This is not always the case but for the most part higher $$$$ components makes this hobby a "budget" breaker :wink:

Headfi seems to be quite aggressive in personal opinions and no hesitation to show this in writing behind a keyboard over the internet.  I still do not see why discussing chord or any other company in a thread so "bad".

I have yet heard the Yggy but in the two channel world there still doesn't seem to be this excitement/hype over the yggy and I'm not sure why. There's some reason for "hype" and in this case I think it looks like there's good reason. However like anything in this world there is always better. 

Looking at things beyond my budget has made me sweat at the end of the month when mortgage is due :)  What a dangerous hobby!!

I sure do wish locally someone would have a demo unit. I've spent over 3 grand on my tube dac system but I knew exactly what I was getting into. The Yggy for over 3 grand $$$ delivered to Canada is quite a bite. 

When you follow Kingwa's DACs he's an individual that seems to have a big picture in system synergy and specific needs and wants. He's aware of synergy. This goes to show that any dac doesn't meet every single person's criteria. 

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #7,943 of 9,484
I am one of the long term Rag/Yggy admirer but haven't press the button mainly because there isn't a demo available in my city (Hong Kong), and the refund service from Schiit is hardly feasible given the two-way shipping cost will exceed US$300 per items, so here I am, reading all the reports (and battles with Chord) for a year and still hesitated.

For goodness sake, someone pulled the plug and purchased a Rag/Yggy combo without audition, so we beg for a party to let more people get to hear the gigantic combo, so here we are, a Ragnarok and Yggdrasil party at the heart of a Hong Kong CBD office in last Saturday. We are so excited that we drag our own headfi system to compare with the Ragnarok on-site.

We have started a post discussion thread on this party, but since all the writings were in Chinese, so probably only the pictures means something to you all, check this out if you are interested to see how we embraced the big Schiit of all time.

http://www.post76.com/x2/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=216454&extra=page%3D1

And I wasn't invited! 

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #7,944 of 9,484
Neirther was I, but that's understandable...   
wink_face.gif

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #7,946 of 9,484
What?

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #7,948 of 9,484
Google translate words holes bleeding fall down

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #7,949 of 9,484
I think it was here that people were talking about the phase button on the Yggdrasil?

There's an interesting piece by Roger Skoff about the whys and wherefores of phase problems in recordings.  What he describes is an amazing trainwreck.  It's after the 1st third of this article about XLR cables with the paragraph that starts "Every time the wiring didn't match"

http://audiophilereview.com/cables/the-luck-of-the-xlr.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back