New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 3, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #7,922 of 9,484
  oh no! someone doesnt think Yggy is best DAC in world! that logicaly means he is troll,lets ban him

I honestly hate to say this: I see there are many newbie and they think that Yggy is the best dac ,  because they didn't hear other high end dac cause if they do , you won't see any of them talking schiit to you .  stick with your own yggy and be happy, don't care about other opinion whatever it's true or fault .
Personally  yggy is good for the price but it didn't impress me , maybe because  I owns a high end dac. for the newbie it's the bargain .
I'm out of this thread .
Peace .

Jun 3, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #7,923 of 9,484
oh no! someone doesnt think Yggy is best DAC in world! that logicaly means he is troll,lets ban him

That agooh dude is indeed kinda strange but I agree with you about the schiit hyper hypetrain. Some of the schiit fanboys will enter in some sort of panic mode if you post the slightest disagreement with their often wild claims .. got 'yelled' at just for asking a few Qs a while ago and I wasnt the only 'victim'.
Some schiit chilling would be quite helpful. And some cool headed reviews too .. still a very rare thing around those threads.

Anyway, it's just a personal opinion and an offtopic minirant, no need to inflame it further...

Jun 3, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #7,926 of 9,484
Frankly, the whole Schiit train annoys me as well.  As many know, I own a lot of Schiit.  Is it the best in the entire world end all omg best?  No.  It’s a tremendous value, though.  It allows someone like myself to enter the world of hi-fi without selling an organ or three.  I haven’t heard DACs from the golden age of R2R or anything over the price range of the Yggy I purchased.  I don’t think Schiit wants the hype train.  They are certainly proud of their products, and for good reason.  They’re very good.  I bought the Yggdrasil because, as an EE, I really liked the design philosophy and wanted to give it a shot.  It’s the best I’ve ever heard.  There may certainly be better ones.  I don’t know.  I like this one.  I’m keeping it.  That’s my ‘impression’.  I hope they keep making good products.    I love audio.  I love music.  I love the products these guys make (and others as well – I don’t work for Schiit).  I will never be in the moustache club.  I don’t want to be.  I just want to listen to music.

Jun 3, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #7,927 of 9,484
That agooh dude is indeed kinda strange but I agree with you about the schiit hyper hypetrain. Some of the schiit fanboys will enter in some sort of panic mode if you post the slightest disagreement with their often wild claims .. got 'yelled' at just for asking a few Qs a while ago and I wasnt the only 'victim'.
Some schiit chilling would be quite helpful. And some cool headed reviews too .. still a very rare thing around those threads.

Anyway, it's just a personal opinion and an offtopic minirant, no need to inflame it further...

agreed

Jun 3, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #7,928 of 9,484
  Hahahaaa  your ears can't lie or you can't describe the sound
I see many headphoneus supremus but they are useless .

Hello.

Since you have owned the Yggy, I was wondering if you could offer a detailed set of impressions of the DAC. Thanks.

Jun 3, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #7,929 of 9,484
Please don't ask for the trolls thoughts on the Yggy. He's already put them out there and it's questionable he's even heard it

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #7,932 of 9,484
 I'm excited to hear the new Dave .

here is the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80iu7ifXsOo

Hope you enjoy high end crap.

I hate all Chord hype that pop up everywhere and in every thread.

Its sad, really, to see this designer explain how he rack his brain to try find and get at level where yggy is already at..
Many designers by nature are stubborn.

Plus that thing looks like a hideous robot crab,
ready to attack you at night...

Oh well to put things in perspective,

1-Yes the yggy is at the top of the heap in all dac world.

2-Yes there are a handful few other dacs also at the top of the heap,
which may be just as appealing if not more!

3-Yes any and all other few top dacs,
that could possibly match or supass yggy level,
WILL COST MUCH MUCH MORE..

4- The attributes of these rare dacs to have ability to be just as desirable,
does NOT come from accuracy,
but rather,
a more "musical" or "euphoric" approach...

How do I know?
Because I did hear it on a dac twice the price of yiggy...

The sound had a silence where there was ambient noise in actual recording,
and it has more euphoric mids while at same level of detail..

So you see, the yggy is not the only choice,
BUT it is, for me and many others, the BEST choice, when one desires the truth,
The truth is in the original retained samples,
which other dacs throw away...

Theres no hype about that
:p

Jun 4, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #7,933 of 9,484

But I see you like all Yggdrasil hype instead 
cool.gif

Jun 4, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #7,934 of 9,484
Quote:

I'm excited to hear the new Dave .

here is the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80iu7ifXsOo

Its sad, really, to see this designer explain how he rack his brain to try find and get at level where yggy is already at..
Many designers by nature are stubborn.

Plus that thing looks like a hideous robot crab,
ready to attack you at night...

Oh well to put things in perspective,

1-Yes the yggy is at the top of the heap in all dac world.

2-Yes there are a handful few other dacs also at the top of the heap,
which may be just as appealing if not more!

3-Yes any and all other few top dacs,
that could possibly match or supass yggy level,
WILL COST MUCH MUCH MORE..

4- The attributes of these rare dacs to have ability to be just as desirable,
does NOT come from accuracy,
but rather,
a more "musical" or "euphoric" approach...

How do I know?
Because I did hear it on a dac twice the price of yiggy...

The sound had a silence where there was ambient noise in actual recording,
and it has more euphoric mids while at same level of detail..

So you see, the yggy is not the only choice,
BUT it is, for me and many others, the BEST choice, when one desires the truth,
The truth is in the original retained samples,
which other dacs throw away...

Theres no hype about that
tongue.gif

So, you've heard one DAC that's more expensive than the Yggdrasil, preferred the latter and your conclusion is that "the yggy is at the top of the heap in all dac world"?  In the same breath, you're claiming of a yet-to-be-released new high-end DAC that "to see this designer explain how he rack his brain to try find and get at level where yggy is already at". 

This kind of hyperbolic nonsense is precisely why hype-train threads cause so many of us to roll our eyes. Say how much you like your new DAC sure.  Say how much you prefer it to a more expensive DAC, great..even better if you can say why.  But, you undermine your entire message by spouting rubbish about a DAC that hasn't even been released yet.  

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #7,935 of 9,484

So, you've heard one DAC that's more expensive than the Yggdrasil, preferred the latter and your conclusion is that "the yggy is at the top of the heap in all dac world"?  In the same breath, you're claiming of a yet-to-be-released new high-end DAC that "to see this designer explain how he rack his brain to try find and get at level where yggy is already at". 

This kind of hyperbolic nonsense is precisely why hype-train threads cause so many of us to roll our eyes. Say how much you like your new DAC sure.  Say how much you prefer it to a more expensive DAC, great..even better if you can say why.  But, you undermine your entire message by spouting rubbish about a DAC that hasn't even been released yet.  

Not to mention that this sort of hyperbolic praise does nothing more than undermine the credibility of those who objectively assess the Yggdrasil as a great DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back