New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 5, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #7,951 of 9,484
  Just would like to ask whether anyone use windows server 2012.
I saw the driver support windows 7, 8 and 8.1.

Thanks in advance

I believe Win Server 2012 will work with Windows 8 / 8.1 drivers - So I wouldn't expect that you'll have a problem there.

Of course Windows 10 will be released on July 29th, so that'll be interesting...

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #7,952 of 9,484
I believe Win Server 2012 will work with Windows 8 / 8.1 drivers - So I wouldn't expect that you'll have a problem there.

Of course Windows 10 will be released on July 29th, so that'll be interesting...

Thanks, but I keep getting "Don't support this platform"..., when I tried to install driver from this
http://schiit.com/public/upload/drivers/Schiit_USB-Gen3_1_06.zip

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #7,953 of 9,484
Thanks, but I keep getting "Don't support this platform"..., when I tried to install driver from this
http://schiit.com/public/upload/drivers/Schiit_USB-Gen3_1_06.zip

Here's what I did to get the drivers to install on Windows 10. Perhaps it will work for you too.

Open control panel, navigate to system and security, go to system, and then open device manager. On the 'Schiit Audio Gen 3 USB' device, it should have a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark to signify no drivers for it are installed. Right click it and go to update driver software. Then navigate to 'browse my computer for driver software' and change the directory to where you have the driver folder extracted. I used 'C:\Users\PC\Desktop\Schiit_USB-Gen3_1_06\WIN81\SoftwareDriver\Driver'. Clicked okay from there and it updated. Everything works flawlessly as far as I can tell.

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #7,954 of 9,484
@Andykong Great post. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to one of your next meets. 

I love the Schiit Ragnarok / Yggdrasil setup. Ecstatic with the result. also bought the set without audition. 

Well, we hope there will be more Ragnarok party coming up, will drop the links here if there is any updates.

And I wasn't invited! 

It would be interesting to hook up with some headfi fellows in HK and form our remote division in the far far lands, lets keep in touch my friend.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 5, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #7,955 of 9,484
"Qin day than to push me to the Ministry of Ragnarok balance HD800 poison to vomit white foam and seven holes bleeding
th_082_1.gif

I then went to the purse to vomit white foam and bleeding to friends
th_064_.gif

"

-Google Translate

Well the latest update is the fellow is indeed bleeding badly after the party, he sold his Pathos Aurium days after the meeting and is planning to go for the Ragnarok after the deal is completed, so the party did work tremendously well.

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #7,957 of 9,484
  I think it was here that people were talking about the phase button on the Yggdrasil?

There's an interesting piece by Roger Skoff about the whys and wherefores of phase problems in recordings.  What he describes is an amazing trainwreck.  It's after the 1st third of this article about XLR cables with the paragraph that starts "Every time the wiring didn't match"

http://audiophilereview.com/cables/the-luck-of-the-xlr.html

Thanks for this - verrrry interesting!

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #7,958 of 9,484
Has there been any discussion on the details of the Gen 3 USB in the Yggy?  Actually specs and/or how different it is from the Gen 2 USB?  I'm curious to know how it has improved.  I'm currently using it and it works fantastic.  Also, if this is going to trickle down to the Gungnir/Bifrost any time in the near future.  I hadn't seen any announcements. 

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #7,959 of 9,484
  Has there been any discussion on the details of the Gen 3 USB in the Yggy?  Actually specs and/or how different it is from the Gen 2 USB?  I'm curious to know how it has improved.  I'm currently using it and it works fantastic.  Also, if this is going to trickle down to the Gungnir/Bifrost any time in the near future.  I hadn't seen any announcements. 

Nevermind.  I refined my search and found the answer.  I promise I really did search before and nothing came up.  I try not to be THAT guy.

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #7,960 of 9,484
Xiexie pengyou.

Zhege laowai de putonghua bu hao.

My pleasure indeed.

Very good indeed, but I am sure you are making life difficult to Google translation. :D

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #7,961 of 9,484
My Yggy is up for sale on Agon…  Was an awesome month of bliss !

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #7,962 of 9,484

So, you've heard one DAC that's more expensive than the Yggdrasil, preferred the latter and your conclusion is that "the yggy is at the top of the heap in all dac world"?  In the same breath, you're claiming of a yet-to-be-released new high-end DAC that "to see this designer explain how he rack his brain to try find and get at level where yggy is already at". 

This kind of hyperbolic nonsense is precisely why hype-train threads cause so many of us to roll our eyes. Say how much you like your new DAC sure.  Say how much you prefer it to a more expensive DAC, great..even better if you can say why.  But, you undermine your entire message by spouting rubbish about a DAC that hasn't even been released yet.  

+1

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #7,963 of 9,484

Wino,
I really don't understand why you are selling it since you never even heard it single ended through the balanced outs via adapters....let alone better fusing, and other mods.  You have never heard the unit in its full potential.  No patience, I guess.

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #7,964 of 9,484
Wino,I really don't understand why you are selling it since you never even heard it single ended through the balanced outs via adapters....let alone better fusing, and other mods. You have never heard the unit in its full potential. No patience, I guess.

Perhaps because many of the mods you've recommended would render the unit unsellable....

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #7,965 of 9,484

So, you've heard one DAC that's more expensive than the Yggdrasil, preferred the latter and your conclusion is that "the yggy is at the top of the heap in all dac world"?  In the same breath, you're claiming of a yet-to-be-released new high-end DAC that "to see this designer explain how he rack his brain to try find and get at level where yggy is already at". 

This kind of hyperbolic nonsense is precisely why hype-train threads cause so many of us to roll our eyes. Say how much you like your new DAC sure.  Say how much you prefer it to a more expensive DAC, great..even better if you can say why.  But, you undermine your entire message by spouting rubbish about a DAC that hasn't even been released yet.  

+1

Learn how to read properly.
Never said I preferred.
Just said from hearing other expensive musical dacs,
that I can understand why one would prefer something else.
And the realization of the yggy being at that catagory of top level..
You calling my observations hype & nonsense, is your own problem.

How much more clear I have to make that?

Also,
Adding my own impression of how I dislike the new chord should not affect my previous pionts,
unless you cannot follow two different topics in same post,
which, again, is your problem...
Not liking my post doesnt change or invalidate the views and points I posted.
That's your choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back