New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 3, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #7,906 of 9,484
  Until now no one can write a full review about Yggy , really disappointed,All the talking about how important you warm yggy up ...well let's see your impression guys ...it's the time to reveal it .

I thought you already owned one.  Why don't you provide the impressions?  
rolleyes.gif

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #7,907 of 9,484
  So, here's my question to you guys.  What would upgrading my Mjolnir to perhaps a Ragnarok do for me?  I've teetered back and forth between a couple tube amps (namely Valhalla2 and Lyr2) but my ears keep coming back to the Mjolnir, especially when running my LCD3s.  Now, I've got a few other cans and they work great for certain types of music and not others.  This system seems to do all of the above quite well.  I recall hearing at some point that the Ragnarok, while more powerful, was possibly a little smoother on the top end a tad?  That would make sense to me as it's sister is somewhat brighter than mid level DAC in the line.  Anywho, I'm looking for someone to convince me to spend even more money, though I'd have a bunch of my other gear that would no longer be required to subsidize it.

Since all of this talk is subjective seems that you'd probably appreciate a different set of headphones for additional "flavour" with different sound signatures. I see you have a tonne of gear already.

You'd probably hear a larger change in headphone acquisition rather than the more subtle changes in amplifier swaps. 

This quest we all have for the ultimate nirvana has no rules. Your current gear is already excellent so I see no problems buying another set of cans to mix up the "house sound" of the headphones. Imo i have a hard time believing a set of headphones is the ultimate best for everything. Same goes for a DAC. I do not think 1 dac can suite the ultimate in performance in every single genre of music. This is where you must cater your gear for your favourite style of music. I feel that this hobby so dynamic that it's purpose is all about the "fun" in seeking audio "bliss". This is why I own a solid state dac and tube dac. 

Certainly buying new amps is fun as buying new cans. I'd concentrate on "fun"  tweaks like different cables for your headphones or power conditioning. If I was in your shoes I'd be buying a isolation transformer before a new amp. Depending on your gear in some cases there can be a large sonic improvement just by adding power conditioning to the mix. 

For fun (this is a $$$ sucking hobby LOL!!!) I'd imagine you'd have more fun rolling tubes with a woo amp since you can roll different tubes as a form of equalizer. The higher end 2 unit systems have essentially a rectifier unit to power the buffer tubes (best way to act as an isolated power supply). Your current tube gear has some tweaking capabilities but not nearly as versatile as other products out there.  

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #7,908 of 9,484

I thought you already owned one.  Why don't you provide the impressions?  
rolleyes.gif

Happily I sold mine , I have many dacs and My cousin likes the sound of yggy so sold my unite to him . he payed 2K  since my unite was very clean and new. let's see what's the next dac
 I'm excited to hear the new Dave .
here is the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80iu7ifXsOo

Enjoy the real High end dac .

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #7,910 of 9,484
  Happily I sold mine , I have many dacs and My cousin likes the sound of yggy so sold my unite to him . he payed 2K  since my unite was very clean and new. let's see what's the next dac

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #7,911 of 9,484

If you sold it, why do you care about impressions?

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #7,913 of 9,484

He never had one to begin with.

He literally fibbed about owning one for the sole reason of trying to talk it down compared to whatever Chord item he prefers at the moment.  Seriously, how sad is that?

Nearing the release of this Chord Dave DAC, there appears to be more and more Chord shills popping up on head-fi.

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #7,914 of 9,484

What do you mean by this?

Oh and yeah, the "headphoneus supremus" label doesn't mean squat, it's just an indication of how much someone has posted and not whether they are truly more experienced / knowledgeable etc.

I didn't mean anything,I just want to hear your impression to help other headfiers . I couldn't agree more that iggy sound so good for the price , but what this is not what they want to hear .
They want more honest impression . I wrote my impression before ,I didn't need to repeat myself .

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #7,916 of 9,484
  Since all of this talk is subjective seems that you'd probably appreciate a different set of headphones for additional "flavour" with different sound signatures. I see you have a tonne of gear already.

You'd probably hear a larger change in headphone acquisition rather than the more subtle changes in amplifier swaps. 

This quest we all have for the ultimate nirvana has no rules. Your current gear is already excellent so I see no problems buying another set of cans to mix up the "house sound" of the headphones. Imo i have a hard time believing a set of headphones is the ultimate best for everything. Same goes for a DAC. I do not think 1 dac can suite the ultimate in performance in every single genre of music. This is where you must cater your gear for your favourite style of music. I feel that this hobby so dynamic that it's purpose is all about the "fun" in seeking audio "bliss". This is why I own a solid state dac and tube dac. 

Certainly buying new amps is fun as buying new cans. I'd concentrate on "fun"  tweaks like different cables for your headphones or power conditioning. If I was in your shoes I'd be buying a isolation transformer before a new amp. Depending on your gear in some cases there can be a large sonic improvement just by adding power conditioning to the mix. 

For fun (this is a $$$ sucking hobby LOL!!!) I'd imagine you'd have more fun rolling tubes with a woo amp since you can roll different tubes as a form of equalizer. The higher end 2 unit systems have essentially a rectifier unit to power the buffer tubes (best way to act as an isolated power supply). Your current tube gear has some tweaking capabilities but not nearly as versatile as other products out there.  

Much thanks for the suggestions.  I do have too many amps and wanted to get that down to one (two max) and add another set of cans.  I really find myself leaning towards the sound of the Mjolnir with the LCDs, so I thought the natural progression would be to get its bigger brother with similar character.  I fully plan to sell off a bunch of my gear to acquire said amp, with hopefully enough left over for maybe a T1 or newer Audeze, or something of that sort.  If only they didn’t weigh 17 pounds, but that’s another story for another time.  I’ve looked at Woo Audio and it looks very impressive with lots of possibilities.  As it stands, the sound I get now is markedly better with the Yggy and I’m smiling and enjoying.  No rush to make any changes quite yet.

Jun 3, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #7,919 of 9,484
  oh no! someone doesnt think Yggy is best DAC in world! that logicaly means he is troll,lets ban him

I despise hype and hypetrains (even for products and brands I like).
If you also claim to dislike hypetrains and believe that the yggy produced the "biggest hypetrain" you ever saw, then why do you feel inclined and justified to hype up the unreleased Chord Dave DAC?

I never once stated that "if you don't think the yggy is the best" you are a troll. If you find a post where I have stated that, please show me.

The way you and agooh go on raving about the unreleased and unproven Chord Dave DAC (that you guys have not even heard) makes you two come across as trolls.

Jun 3, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #7,920 of 9,484
  oh no! someone doesnt think Yggy is best DAC in world! that logicaly means he is troll,lets ban him

It is perfectly fine for him not to like the yggy - if he had actually heard it.  The issue here is that agooh is intentionally vague and inflammatory and can't keep his own nonsense posts straight between one thread and another.  First he claims that he owned a yggy and deemed it unworthy.  Now, only a couple of weeks later, he has popped back up demanding impressions, when he never shared any substantive comments himself, accusing other owners of being "useless."  When called on these discrepancies, he backtracks and claims he did own it but sold it to his cousin at a loss, despite the high demand.  Whatever.

If you click through his profile and review his posts in many of the other high end threads, you can see that he is playing exactly the same game there.  Maybe the HF mods allow for the occasional troll just to keep discussions going, but I'm with exidrion.  A ban is overdue in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back