NEW Portable Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp Released MAY 2015
Jul 2, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #61 of 120
Is there a coaxial input on this or is it USB only? I'm still looking for a coax DAC as there seem to be very few on the market :/

To utilize its DAC section, i believe its only via USB.

iBassp offers some nice amps with coaxial input since tiehr pwn portable DAP all have coax out

Jul 4, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #64 of 120
Whoo. Finally done writing the C5DAC review. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/cayin-spark-c5-dac-portable-usb-dac-headphone-amplifier/reviews/13500

Jul 5, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #65 of 120
  Whoo. Finally done writing the C5DAC review. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/cayin-spark-c5-dac-portable-usb-dac-headphone-amplifier/reviews/13500

Thank you for your insights on the C5DAC
beyersmile.png

Jul 12, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #67 of 120
Hi all.  Just finished my review of the C5 DAC: LINK.

EDIT: Just wanted to make sure I mentioned in this thread that while I think the C5DAC is a good piece of kit what holds it back from being great in my opinion is that it gets much too loud much too quickly on low gain. I think Cayin should think seriously about making low gain much less powerful!

Please Cayin,Thomas Cayin.

Jul 13, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #68 of 120
Hi all.  Just finished my review of the C5 DAC: LINK.

EDIT: Just wanted to make sure I mentioned in this thread that while I think the C5DAC is a good piece of kit what holds it back from being great in my opinion is that it gets much too loud much too quickly on low gain. I think Cayin should think seriously about making low gain much less powerful!

Please @Cayin,@Thomas Cayin.

Very informative and honest review, congrats @nmatheis 
beerchug.gif

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #72 of 120
  I have a lg g3 too but I'm concern the curved back won't accommodate the flat surface of the c5dac very well. 

Cayin C5DAC stacks nicely with LG G3.

LG G4 back is curved not for only sides, also top and bottom so that may be slightly problematic...

I am now testing the C5DAC! So far liked its sound!

Jul 30, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #73 of 120

Cayin C5DAC stacks nicely with LG G3.

LG G4 back is curved not for only sides, also top and bottom so that may be slightly problematic...

I am now testing the C5DAC! So far liked its sound!

Same with the G4, they stack up very nicely. Actually the alignment is excellent. Because the top plastic part is thinner than the rest of the unit, it doesn't scratch against the camera lens. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back